TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Frozen Margaritas

So yeah I like margaritas frozen style, but at home the closest I can get them to frozen, is slushie form. Now they are still good, but what is the missing ingredient or missing tool/machine. I was at Applebees the other day and I didn't really notice them use anything other then a big blender, but my view was somewhat obscured. Anyone else know a thing or two about making frozen margaritas?

Well I stopped in the local BevMo, and picked up one of those buckets of Frozen Margarita mix. I have never done this before, but I guess you just open the bucket top, and dump the ingredients in, mix in an entire botttle of Tequilla and put it in your freezer over night, and then when you are ready, just scoop and serve. (I will be preparing this tonight, so it will be ready for the 4th of July shindig I am throwing)

Oh and by the way, I did see an actual "Frozen Margarita Machine" but the thing was $300.00 and I wouldn't use it enough to justify the purchase.

Frozen Margaritas, Do you need a special machine to make them?

Yes, and only the five richest kings of Europe own them!!

Seriously, though, a blender should do you just fine. Just don't puree it. Make sure you're pulsing the blades so that there's some "chunk" left in the ice. :P