TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
benn

The OAO 6/26 Raw Thread

I'll take it. THANK YOU EDGE! THANK YOU EDGE!

Oh, and Cena didn't have the match won. No way RVD was gonna tap to that bullshit move.

Also, I like the storyline with Heyman not trusting RVD and recruiting Edge. (Which is obviously what happened.)

Guest InuYasha

As one of my prof.'s says, "Edge is grinning like a possum eating shit."

I don't see how anyone can hate all of this. That was a really hot main event, put RVD over huge for most of the match, and Edge ends the show on top as the true main event heel that he is.
I concur, plus let RVD hold the title for longer than 2 weeks

Guest InuYasha

I don't see how anyone can hate all of this. That was a really hot main event, put RVD over huge for most of the match, and Edge ends the show on top as the true main event heel that he is.

I concur, plus let RVD hold the title for longer than 2 weeks

One more week, and he breaks Edge's record. :D

I guess Edge/RVD/Cena at SummerSlam. Cena pins Edge to win title, ECW disputes it.
As much as I would love to see that, there is no way Vince lets RVD hold the title 2 more months

Muggy, your avatar is fucking gold. Props.

FOR GOD'S SAKE, if you're going to establish ECW, separate them. Somehow. I don't even care if RVD has to job clean at this point, but come on. Somehting.

I actually love that finish. From the perspective of the stupid WWE mark that's only been watching wrestling for a year, nobody gets out of the STFU, so Cena obviously had the match won. From the ECW fan's perspective, they've seen RVD get out of way tougher spots than that, and there's no way that RVD was tapping to that shitty move so it means nothing and he's still the legitimate champion.

God, I was about 99% sure that Cena was winning the belt tonight, and I'm thrilled to see that he didn't.

It'll be a long time before WWE guys aren't all over the ECW show, if that ever happens. I, for one, believes it will happen, but yeah, not for a good while.

It wouldn't shock me for any of the following to happen to keep things going:

-Someone from ECW turns on the group to join WWE

-Someone from WWE wins the ECW title

-Someone in ECW, RVD perhaps or maybe even Sabu, gets the WWE title once again (after RVD loses it)

-I can see an ECW guy with the WWE title and someone in WWE with the ECW title, and their having a match together just to make things very screwy

FOR GOD'S SAKE, if you're going to establish ECW, separate them. Somehow. I don't even care if RVD has to job clean at this point, but come on. Somehting.

that simply WON'T happen. The network wants Raw guys and angles on ECW...

Yeah...don't get me wrong, I love RVD, but he needs to drop the belt soon if they are going to really try to establish ECW as it's own brand.

The thing is, they need to move ECW to it's own tapings. RVD's reaction tonight was not good, and if they keep doing the double shows with SmackDown!, it isn't going to improve any because most of the fans there are WWE fans.

that simply WON'T happen. The network wants Raw guys and angles on ECW...

Fair enough. I don't see it happening, but I can hope, can't I?

I agree that they need to get ECW it's own tapings, but I really don't mind the WWE/ECW interaction that much and if they want to do it through Summerslam, I think that would be fine.

Everybody initially thought the WCW invasion was gonna be the biggest angle ever, but it didn't work because they didn't have their own show, and the angle took up every slot on the show to the point that people got bored to death with it.

Well, ECW has it's own show, it takes up maybe two segments a night on Raw, and maybe one segment a night on ECW. What's wrong with that? This Cena/Edge/RVD storyline has me more intrigued than any main event feud they've done since HHH/Batista. Seriously, what's wrong with that? They can still bring in Punk to start a feud with Angle, and they can have some fun spotfests with Sandman and Sabu, but is this interaction really bad for the company?

If anything, it's bringing a bigger audience to the show that might get hooked on what ECW has to offer. Sure, it would get stale after a few months, but right now it's a nuclear hot feud.

Yeah, I am highly relieved that RVD didn't just job the belt tonight. He would have come off like a total moron having voluntarily put the belt up on Raw when he didn't have to. I'm assuming the way this is going is thus: Cena is WWE face, Edge is WWE heel, RVD is ECW tweener.

I am hoping this all ends with RVD and Cena kicking the crap out of Edge, double pin type deal, RVD gets the ECW belt, Cena gets WWE belt, and they do the male bonding thing.

I have to admit that was one of the hottest Raw endings in quite some time. The first hour of the show was really light on wrestling (I flat out tuned out during the various Diva Search bits) but once the DX impersonations of the McMahons hit the show got into a groove. I didn't even mind that Kane jobbed to Orton really, since he got his heat back by crushing the fake Kane and taking the mask back.

I'll throw out something else, who here honestly thought HHH would not only not have the title by now at the beginning of the year, but wouldn't even be involved in the title picture?

I'll throw out something else, who here honestly thought HHH would not only not have the title by now at the beginning of the year, but wouldn't even be involved in the title picture?

Nobody. And I haven't had a real strong complaint about him since he got back from his much-needed hiatus in October. I remember when he cut a backstage promo on Batista, they had to cut off the crowd because they were chanting "BORRRRRINGGG," but he's finally gotten back to being consistently entertaining for the first time in over five years.

That DX segment was brutal. The faster HHH turns on HBK to end these weekly segments, the better. Was I the only one on the edge of hitting the fast forward button (DVR)? I realize "dicks" and "cocks" being used on a WWE show is so cutting edge and ground breaking and stuff, but it doesn't compare to anything done in the past. Maybe I've gotten too old for DX at 19 years old (which should say plenty for HHH/HBK), but that segment was a piece of shit. Pun intended.

That DX segment was brutal. The faster HHH turns on HBK to end these weekly segments, the better. Was I the only one on the edge of hitting the fast forward button (DVR)? I realize "dicks" and "cocks" being used on a WWE show is so cutting edge and ground breaking and stuff, but it doesn't compare to anything done in the past. Maybe I've gotten too old for DX at 19 years old (which should say plenty for HHH/HBK), but that segment was a piece of shit. Pun intended.

Yeah, I'm 18, and the "DX Split" in 98, and the "I didn't sleep with her, I was UP...ALL...NIGHT!!!" line from Shawn is 100x more entertaining than this crap (no pun intended). But it's as good as it's gonna get nowadays, so we deal with it.

I agree that they need to get ECW it's own tapings, but I really don't mind the WWE/ECW interaction that much and if they want to do it through Summerslam, I think that would be fine.

Everybody initially thought the WCW invasion was gonna be the biggest angle ever, but it didn't work because they didn't have their own show, and the angle took up every slot on the show to the point that people got bored to death with it.

Well, ECW has it's own show, it takes up maybe two segments a night on Raw, and maybe one segment a night on ECW. What's wrong with that? This Cena/Edge/RVD storyline has me more intrigued than any main event feud they've done since HHH/Batista. Seriously, what's wrong with that? They can still bring in Punk to start a feud with Angle, and they can have some fun spotfests with Sandman and Sabu, but is this interaction really bad for the company?

If anything, it's bringing a bigger audience to the show that might get hooked on what ECW has to offer. Sure, it would get stale after a few months, but right now it's a nuclear hot feud.

I don't think the angle is all that hot. It reminds me of the Cena/HHH/Edge feud where everyone really wanted to see Cena/HHH and Edge was just kind of there. Well now Edge is HHH, and RVD is Edge, because RVD just looks like the red headed stepchild in the whole thing. He needed Edge to beat Cena at ONS, and he needed Edge to prevent him from losing tonight. He's coming off like a bitch.

I have to admit that was one of the hottest Raw endings in quite some time. The first hour of the show was really light on wrestling (I flat out tuned out during the various Diva Search bits) but once the DX impersonations of the McMahons hit the show got into a groove. I didn't even mind that Kane jobbed to Orton really, since he got his heat back by crushing the fake Kane and taking the mask back.

I definitely agree. Any problems that Raw had tonight were completely redeemed in the main event. That was the hottest television main event I can remember in a long, long, time. This is the kind of thing they need if they want to get ratings, revenues, and buyrates back up. It was a swerve ending to both marks and smarks and it made sense.

I definitely agree. Any problems that Raw had tonight were completely redeemed in the main event. That was the hottest television main event I can remember in a long, long, time. This is the kind of thing they need if they want to get ratings, revenues, and buyrates back up. It was a swerve ending to both marks and smarks and it made sense.

To me, RAW has been on point for 2 weeks: last week made sense (great go-home show), and this week's ending pleased both marks and smarks alike (like iggy said)