TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest jackie fargo

Hulk vs. Orton SSlam

This is my first post here so I'm pretty excited about that. Nothing groundbreaking but I just have one simple question. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Brooke Hogan 16 or 17, not 18?

This is my first post here so I'm pretty excited about that. Nothing groundbreaking but I just have one simple question. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Brooke Hogan 16 or 17, not 18?

No, she's 18. (DOB-5/2/88)

No, she's 18. (DOB-5/2/88)

OK good. I figured if she was 18, she just had her birthday.

Guest Floridian Cool
Success in the music industry is really about how much touring you do. You can sell a billion records and it doesn't mean squart for the artist, just big money for the record company. Almost any musical artist signed to the RIAA will tell you that if the artist/singer/band wants to make money, it has to be done through selling out arenas or clubs when touring

That's definitely true for artists that are moving like 25,000-60,000 records...but not for artists that are charting on the Billboard 100. I mean, if you sell 15 million records, and you are only getting $1 from the label for every $17 CD that is sold, that's still a profit of $15 million. Even a million dollars is not exactly "squat".

Hogan should not be wrestling anymore. He can barely walk. And it's not like he's Flair or Terry Funk. He can't even bump hardly at all, and he couldn't do much in the ring to begin with.

Agreed. IMO, Hogan has akways sucked and so has Orton. This match will be crap.

He's great for the occasional nostalgia appearance every now and then

That's where I disagree. I don't find Hogan's returns entertaining in any way.

Hogan's fine for an appearance/angle/match every now and then.

I hope he squashes the fuck out of Orton at SS. :D

And going Gold don't mean shit in the Music Biz these days, it's all about Platinum now.

I don't know when this happened, or why, 'cause going Gold id damn immpressive really.

It happened out of nowhere. I blame 50 Cent.

I have nothing to base that on, but it sounds good to me.

Well, I'm of the opinion that while Hogan was never, ever, a great worker, he was at least passable in the ring. He had enough athleticism to get the job done. Hell, even some of his early matches in his WCW run were decent (of course, he had guys like Sting and Ric Flair to work with). But, his last few matches with WWE haven't been very watchable at all. I wish he'd just admit that he's getting to old for this, and hang it up. It would be one thing if the match vs Randy Orton is the "one final retirement match for Hulk Hogan", but we all know it won't be. It's not like he has anything else to still prove in the wrestling business.

If this were SummerSlam 2004 in Toronto how would you guys respond to the feud? I think the match is 2 years too late. Orton is a midcarder no matter how much they will try imo from now on. Well, if he faces Hogan he will job and rightfully so imo, but he'll get a nice pay day since Hogan will take the main event spot unless Vince has his way with Cena. Cena vs. Hogan in Boston in terms of crowd response would be the craziest thing yet. Cena should have the angle with Brooke and Hogan turns heel. They both are subpar artists, but damn if they couldn't work an angle out of it.

Guest panthermatt7
Hogan's fine for an appearance/angle/match every now and then.

I hope he squashes the fuck out of Orton at SS. :D

And going Gold don't mean shit in the Music Biz these days, it's all about Platinum now.

I don't know when this happened, or why, 'cause going Gold id damn immpressive really.

It happened out of nowhere. I blame 50 Cent.

I have nothing to base that on, but it sounds good to me.

Going gold IS damn impressive. Being a national act as a musician in itself is damn impressive.

It's just unfortunate that no-talent hacks like Brooke Hogan, Paris Hilton, Jessica Simpson (try listening without looking) and any other barbie look-alike are the ones with that status.

I wonder if Orton's going to turn out like Jericho (constantly talking about being the youngest World Heavyweight Champion just like Jericho always talked about how he was the first Undisputed Champion) and never make it back to the top, just wallowing in the upper mid-card.

I wonder if Orton's going to turn out like Jericho (constantly talking about being the youngest World Heavyweight Champion just like Jericho always talked about how he was the first Undisputed Champion) and never make it back to the top, just wallowing in the upper mid-card.

Orton "wallowing" where he should have been his entire career anyways isn't that bad when you think about it. Plus, I see Kenny stealing that "Youngest Champion Ever" thing from him... he has four years to do it.