TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JN News

"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka

Before Snuka went on a Sabbatical for a while back in the 80's, he enjoyed a lot of success despite never holding any titles in the WWF. But, after he came back after Wrestlemania 5, he soon became just another JTTS, just like Tito Santana. I mean, Snuka had been jobbing at all the PPV events to guys like Ted Dibiase, Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect, & The Undertaker. My question is, did Jimmy Snuka piss of Vince in order to be jobbing so much, heading into the 90's, or did Vince just not like Superfly?

I don't think Vince hated Snuka. He realized towards the end of the first Hogan era that he needed to build his promotion around younger guys. Snuka simply didn't fit into those plans. I'm sure Snuka was just glad to be employed at that point. I mean, he still was made to look strong against regular jobbers and stuff on WWF Superstars, etc.

BTW, what did Snuka do after he left WWF the second time (must've been '91 or '92)? I know he eventually showed up in ECW, but did he go anywhere else in between then?