TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Impact Thread - July/20th/2006.

I talk a lot of shit on TNA. In my mind, they deserve it.

However, this episode of Impact was awesome.

Kevin Nash & Shelley were hilarious, Jay Lethal kicked major ass, Rhino/Joe confrontation was great, Homicide kills AJ...this show was really, really good.

From Meltz:

Impact fell to an 0.8 rating last night.

That's a shame since last night's show was so good and prominently featured some fresh talent. Is the difference smarks tuning out because it looks like Jarrett's keep the belt for a little while?

Consider also that TNA was following a show about rednecks or something, the Dudesons or some such garbage.

I've watched the full hour of the Dudesons and Raising the Roofs and I can say without hesitation that both suck more than any show I've ever seen so far in my life. I had hope for the Dudesons after the Jackass guys were all like "They were Jackass before we were Jackass!", but then they go ahead and suck. Raising the Roofs is as shitty as you would think it to be.

How long until TUF4 starts? I now want to see a celebrity death match of Roofs vs Phil & Vito with special guest ref Tom Green's Dad.

I think the dip might have also have something to do with how hard they pushed that Lethal was challenging Senshi. They built Senshi up a bit on the way to the title, but since the win, he's been an afterthought. That, combined with the fact that people don't know anything about Lethal other than the fact that he is the youngest guy in the company made that a match that casual Impact viewers (which I think we can safely define now as the difference between the .8 they get no matter when they air and the 1.2 they've topped out at) could skip. Had they maybe ended last week's show with Lethal going into Sting's dressing room and had Borash speculate that maybe he'd challenge Jarrett, they might have done a little better. I like the storyline the match told and the way they set it up made sense, but it might have hurt the rating a bit too. Just a thought.

Did the ratings drop after jarrett won the title. If so, you got your reason for the ratings decline.

Believe it or not, I remember all the major sites reporting that the two shows after Slammiversary were the highest watched episodes of Impact ever.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
How long until TUF4 starts?

Starts Thursday, August 17th. So, in a little under four weeks.

It's Summer. People don't watch TV during the summer.

The ratings will go up when TUF returns.

I just flipped past the replay, and they LAX segment was on, and even though I saw it already, I popped big for the "Gringo Killa." I may stick around for the title match, since I wanna see if its as good I thought it was the second time around.

Sounds like a great show.

Im always gutted to read that TNA gets cack ratings.

Oh and from wrestlingexposed.com

Within TNA, the belief is that Impact will expand to two hours "sooner than you think." Spike officials, when contacted, denied that there was anything in the works aside from a potential two-hour special.

If TNA can maintain its ratings the next few weeks without the UFC lead-in, that would be a major feather in their cap because it would show that they could run on a night without UFC. If TNA goes two hours, it would have to be on a new night because Spike can't break up the synergy between Ultimate Fighter and Unleashed.

At this point, there are no plans in place, but it is something being talked about. Though, if it does happen, it would occur a few months from now at the earliest.