TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yuna_Firerose

X3: Last Stand DVD Details and Covers

I don't mind them switching to a new team but they at least have to come up with a plausible transition to explain why 3 characters are just not around anymore. If they could at least make a cameo in the beginning it would be better than Gambit being all like, "Storm and Wolverine were fightin' Magneto and they all disappeared jus like dat!"

I don't mind them switching to a new team but they at least have to come up with a plausible transition to explain why 3 characters are just not around anymore. If they could at least make a cameo in the beginning it would be better than Gambit being all like, "Storm and Wolverine were fightin' Magneto and they all disappeared jus like dat!"

That's not a very good Cajun accent.

I for one could care less about anything else having to do with Magneto and his tiresome storyline.

Exactly. There are dozens of other worthy villains out there. Using Magneto for the fourth movie would just cream of laziness.

Magneto's story is done. Bring on Sinister, or Apocalypse, or the Hellfire Club.

What about a movie based off the current X-Factor book? Mutant detectives in the Mutantown section of New York. They use minor characters who could really be fleshed out. Well, except Madrox appeared in X3, but I think it was small enough to be retconned.

The reason we didn't use Gambit was because in a sense his persona is a bit like WOLVERINE in that he's got attitude and his power is not quite as exciting as the others.

Wait...

The ability to make anything explode just by touching it isn't an exciting power?

And neither is being nigh-unkillable, with razor-sharp claws that can cut through anything? That's not exciting?

WTF?

They really shoulda just cut X-Men 3 in two, with the Pheonix story being in 3, and the Cure being in 4.

I for one could care less about anything else having to do with Magneto and his tiresome storyline.

Exactly. There are dozens of other worthy villains out there. Using Magneto for the fourth movie would just cream of laziness.

Magneto's story is done. Bring on Sinister, or Apocalypse, or the Hellfire Club.

That'd rock.

My only fear would be they'd cast Jessica Simpson as Emma Frost.

X3 pretty much was their version of the Dark Phoenix Saga. If there's a Hellfire Club story, they'd probably have to tweak the story as having the HFC resurrect Dark Phoenix somehow, which would be pretty cool - but I am really sick of the mainstays from the first three movies. Let's move onto an Excalibur-type team pls.

For those wondering:

Though Singer, Harris and Dougherty had yet to complete a script, the director has revealed that at the time of his departure they had partially completed a story treatment for the film which would have focused exclusively on Jean Grey's resurrection with the new villain Emma Frost, a role intended for Sigourney Weaver.

Credit: Wikipedia

I would have loved to have seen that instead of the crap we got.

For those wondering:

Though Singer, Harris and Dougherty had yet to complete a script, the director has revealed that at the time of his departure they had partially completed a story treatment for the film which would have focused exclusively on Jean Grey's resurrection with the new villain Emma Frost, a role intended for Sigourney Weaver.

Credit: Wikipedia

I would have loved to have seen that instead of the crap we got.

A blonde Weaver? It worked in Galaxy Quest, but she doesn't quite have the same... aura....as Emma Frost.