TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MideonMark

Looking for the name of a film from my youth.

Guest MideonMark

Ok, so a few memories of this film popped into my head a few days ago and it's been bugging me ever since because I HAVE to know the name of it. No one seems to know what film I'm talking about so I thought I would ask the good people at thesmartmarks. My memories of the film are very, very vague as it is one of the first films I ever remember seeing and I haven't seen it since then (I was about 5 or 6 years old). I think it was a horror film (or at least it seemed that way when I was that age) and I seem to remember Dracula, the Wolfman and Frankenstein's monster all being in it and I think they're all allies at the beginning. I have hazy memories of a scene involving the Wolfman and a silver bullet, a scene involving a monster (may have been the Wolfman) in the back of an ambulance sitting up (a la The Undertaker) and I seem to remember Frankenstein's monster turning babyface (as it were) and helping some kid. I think Dracula gets spiked on a fence at the end. Upon thinking about it further, I don't think this was a film I should have been watching at that age, but anyway, please tell me I'm not going crazy and I didn't just imagine this film.

I love that movie too, that along with my science project bring back fond memories.

I have Monster Squad on tape somewhere. I may have to burn it to DVD.

A great cult classic from the youth of those of us who were kids in the 80s.

Monster Squad was a childhood favorite of mine.

me too, is it on dvd? havent seen it in a LONG time

It's not on DVD officially, but you can find it on E-Bay on DVD, which is where I found it. It's great quality. Also, at horror conventions they usually sell it.

I love this movie.

The last time I saw it was about 5 years ago when I had Starz! on DirecTV.

So, no word on any kind of date for a DVD? Do you have to get bootleg, or is it never gonna be released on DVD for some reason?