TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

Brock Lesnar taps to Matt Hughes...

That's what I mean in regards to the hype. A lot of it is just that. I mean, this would have been exciting in like 1996 when wrestling was all you needed, but the guy's lack of dedication to pretty much everything he's tried leads me to believe he won't take advantage of the situation. We'll see though, I'm interested if only because of his sheer size and athleticism.

Guest A Silent Presence

Wow. An MMA fighter submits an Amateur Wrestler? Big deal, especially when the guy he defeats is a former pro wrestler who probably has a lot of mat rust. This isn't that impressive at all. In 8th grade, my wrestling partner had been cutting weight from 230 (heavyweight) down to the next lowest weightclass (I believe he was trying to get to 189, he'd weigh about 210 and was clearly just fat and could lose the weight). The point is, I was the 134 pounder (naturally a 128 pounder) and he was my wrestling partner due to the enormous weight class gap (we had like 6 93 pounders). I wrestled circles around the kid and it wasn't a size difference that was at all hard to handle, it was the fact that I was faster and had been wrestling since I was about 8. Size difference doesn't mean much at all. If you're not on par with someone, it doesn't mean shit.