TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

Your ultimate pizza

I thought white pizza had no sauce. Marvin, I thought you were a chef.

And since you are, you can correct me if I'm wrong... but I was under the impression that a traditional white pizza had no sauce at all (and that's the way it has been served to me at various NY eateries) and a white sauce pizza was something completely different, like a pesto sauce pizza (or "green sauce pizza" as it were... also pretty good.)

In unrelated news, I've tried a shrimp topped pizza recently. Good!

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Fresh seafood in a pizza theme is badass. I've had Conch pizza. Fuckin' fire.

I thought white pizza had no sauce. Marvin, I thought you were a chef.

And since you are, you can correct me if I'm wrong... but I was under the impression that a traditional white pizza had no sauce at all (and that's the way it has been served to me at various NY eateries) and a white sauce pizza was something completely different, like a pesto sauce pizza (or "green sauce pizza" as it were... also pretty good.)

In unrelated news, I've tried a shrimp topped pizza recently. Good!

A traditional white pizza would have nothing but cheese but technically alfredo sauce is parmesan cheese based so it sorta counts. But you are right, however I just refer to it as a white pizza due it not having tomato sauce.

Guest Vitamin X
A garlic and basil crust, layered with pepperoni, sausage and bacon, then a spicy thicker tomatoe sauce, motz, parmesan, bacon, meatballs, jalapeno's, and more motz on top. Deep fried.

Holy FUCK. Talk about a heart attack.

Take out the deep-fried, extra motz, and meatballs, and that's a hell of a good pizza. In my experience, having beef and spicy italian sausage on the same pizza doesn't work very well together in taste. But obviously you're going for as much caloric intake as possible, so I can definitely say you've achieved that goal..

Do you at least get to play with your vagina? Or is it all for show?

I'm sure your man-tits make a perfect complement to the grease shooting out of whatever orifices this comment came out of.

Keep in mind that with my suggestion that would make it a garlic/basil crust, pepp, sausage, bacon, then spicy and thick tomato sauce, motz, parmesan, bacon, and jalapenos, not deep-fried. That's still WAY fucking overstacked. That just makes it to a point where you're not even going for flavor, since you blended too many together to really give it any flavor; you're just adding on shit for the sake of adding on shit because you like it on a pizza.

Anyways...chorizo, fennel sausage, mozza, mushrooms, tomatoes, Italian sausage.

Funny enough, I like this combination. Fennel sausage is way underrated.

Also, the concept of deep fried pizza is interesting. I just watched a video and its not what I thought, as I thought it was like a hot pocket type deal that was deep fried, but its just a slice of cold pizza dipped in batter and deep fried..which is just more proof you can deep fry anything.

That's how Pizza Hut makes their pizzas.

Guest Vitamin X

Right, and if that's your decision, well then all the power to ya. But that still doesn't give you the right to criticize anybody who decides that they DO want to eat right, while still having a delicious meal.

I eat smarter, not harder. Quality over quantity. Again, it's my choice just like it's your choice to eat that much because it pleases you enough to do so.

Fresh seafood in a pizza theme is badass. I've had Conch pizza. Fuckin' fire.

You just reminded me that I used to work in a seafood deli that was right next door to a pizza place. It's been too long since I've have pizza with shrimp and bay scallops.

I still prefer Spinach, mushroom and artichoke hearts.

For the record I kind of threw the deep fried in there as a joke because I realized how insane the pizza was becoming as I was thinking it.

But still, I'd spend 10 minutes thinking about whether I wanted to eat it or make love to it before probably deciding to make love to it.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

All in jest, of course. I love vegetables! I love meat! In fact, there are very few foods I dislike. Some organ meats, mashed potatoes, and brussel sprouts. That's about it. I'll eat almost anything.

Guest Vitamin X

Now let's put THAT on a pizza! With bits of cut-up steak. Also, mashed potatoes are especially great when they're not the instant kind, and you leave the skins on. With garlic.

Oh, also, I'm not really too fond of cabbage. In fact, one of the hardest things about converting is finding out what I CAN eat and enjoy, since I've been largely carnivorous most of my life. Pizza is one of the easiest foods to stay veg. on, though.

I had an amazing pizza last night: hand-tossed crust, pesto base, tomatoes, mushrooms, feta cheese, with half spinach on one side, and Italian sausage on the other (girlfriend). Fucking delicious. I'm trying to figure out a good thing to make with scallions on their pizza, though. From their menu:

Make Your Own

17" $14, Personal $5, Calzone $6

Choose a Base:

Tomato sauce

Pesto $1 | $.50

Garlic Oil & Herbs

Toppings

Veggies:

Mixed Greek olives (may contain pits)

Roasted Garlic

Fresh Garlic

Onions

Red bell peppers

Green bell peppers

Mushrooms

Spinach

Roasted potatoes

Fresh tomatoes

Artichoke hearts

Jalapeños

Pineapple

Black Olives

Sun-dries tomatoes

Fresh Scallions

Pepperoncini Peppers

Meat:

Pepperoni

Italian Sausage

Pancetta $2 | $1

Bacon

Canadian bacon

Ground Beef

Anchovies $2 | $1

Organic Eggs

BBQ Chicken

Others:

Extra cheese

Feta

Ricotta

Fresh Basil

Pine Nuts

Feta $2 | $1

Any advice? Also, what goes good with anchovies? I want to try something with anchovies on it. Salty little bastards.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
How can you hate mashed potatoes? Thick creamy mounds of potato covered in butter and gravy.

Texture thing.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

X, that looks like a really wonderful pizza place.

Anchovies? Tough to go wrong. From that menu, garlic oil and herbs, mushrooms, mixed olives.

Yes, texture is also the reason I can't eat fresh tomatoes.

Still, mashed potatoes is an odd exception for a guy who claims to eat everything.

Course, I suppose a tomato is too.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Can't explain it. I've tried liking mashed potatoes just out of convenience. Nope. Not home made, nor KFC, nor fake, real, grandma's recipe that makes people go "ohhh man" with a mouthful of food...just can't get into them.

There's plenty of other foods I don't like, but I'll try almost anything.

Pretty sure I draw the line at balut.