TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

Your ultimate pizza

So, Kramer's restaurant opens up a block from your house. A fresh pizza dough is flattened and sitting in front of you, as are every herb, spice, topping and condiment you can imagine.

Make your favourite pizza. Add any toppings you like, any sauces you want. If you'd like to take it one step further and add to the generic dough, go right ahead.

Discuss.

I'd use generic pizza sauce, but add lots of garlic salt and a couple squirts of BBQ sauce before I added my cheese. Depending on my mood, maybe some Frank's and cayenne. LOTS of sauce on a thin, thin, thin crust.

Shredded very finely, a medium layer of asiago, mozza, cheddar and Monterrey Jack cheeses.

Lots of pepperoni, ham, bacon pieces (never strips), Italian sausage and ground beef crumbled.

Topped with salt, chiles, Bleu cheese. The thin crust/lots of sauce is what makes or breaks it for me.

Gyro pizzas are where it's at.

Either a marinara or olive oil/garlic base

Mozarella + feta

Gyro meat, spinach, fresh tomatoes, light onions.

with a drizzle of tatziki after baking.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Thick ass crust covered in pepperoni and green olives, with a bunch of cheese and no sauce.

We usually make pizza dough with herbs and stuff cooked in. Lots of sauce, cheese, pepperoni, peppers, pineapple and parmesan cheese to top before it gets baked.

So, Kramer's restaurant opens up a block from your house. A fresh pizza dough is flattened and sitting in front of you, as are every herb, spice, topping and condiment you can imagine.

Make your favourite pizza. Add any toppings you like, any sauces you want. If you'd like to take it one step further and add to the generic dough, go right ahead.

Discuss.

I'd use generic pizza sauce, but add lots of garlic salt and a couple squirts of BBQ sauce before I added my cheese. Depending on my mood, maybe some Frank's and cayenne. LOTS of sauce on a thin, thin, thin crust.

Shredded very finely, a medium layer of asiago, mozza, cheddar and Monterrey Jack cheeses.

Lots of pepperoni, ham, bacon pieces (never strips), Italian sausage and ground beef crumbled.

Topped with salt, chiles, Bleu cheese. The thin crust/lots of sauce is what makes or breaks it for me.

Fuck dude, I don't even eat meat and that has my mouth watering...

Chicago style pizza, with a thick crust, tons of sauce, tons of mozarella, sausage, pepperonis, mushrooms and onions for toppings.

This with the crust stuffed with cheese.

Chicago style pizza, with a thick crust, tons of sauce, tons of mozarella, sausage, pepperonis, mushrooms and onions for toppings.

This with the crust stuffed with cheese.

Good one. I'd love to try making that sometime. The lustre would almost certainly wear off after having it as more than 1/3 of your pizza, but it's still a unique treat.

I had a grilled pizza recently and I must say that grilled pizza is better than any other pizza I've had, although it had an unfortunate amount of un-necesssary topings which I dont really like.

and by the way..fuck everyone who uses cheddar cheese on pizza. Thats been bugging me for the longest period of time..Cheddar Cheese and Pizza don't go together, even if you're having a cheeseburger pizza.

Like hell they don't.

Boston Pizza has this thing called an ultimate pepperoni pizza, with a bunch of pepperoni, and mozzarella and cheddar on it. Damned good.

My ideal pizza is rather boring. I'm not big on toppings; pepperoni, a ton of cheese, mebbe some crushed chilies or something to give it some kick.

Like hell they don't.

Boston Pizza has this thing called an ultimate pepperoni pizza, with a bunch of pepperoni, and mozzarella and cheddar on it. Damned good.

My ideal pizza is rather boring. I'm not big on toppings; pepperoni, a ton of cheese, mebbe some crushed chilies or something to give it some kick.

Cheddar doesn't melt right (unless you use some crap like Velveta).

Stuffed Crust - Outer ring stuff with melted mozzarella cheese

Toppings - Mozzarella Cheese, Black Olives, Mushrooms, Onions(shredded), Bacon, Pepperoni, Sausage.

I would put an extra layer of cheese on top of all the other toppings, so all the toppings are under a layer of melted cheese.

Italian sausage and pepperoni with extra cheese. Sometimes with pineapple.

EDIT: OK, I misinterpreted. I thought we were posting our favorite pizza, instead of what our own specially-made pizza would have on it. I'll think about this one and get back later.

and by the way..fuck everyone who uses cheddar cheese on pizza. Thats been bugging me for the longest period of time..Cheddar Cheese and Pizza don't go together, even if you're having a cheeseburger pizza.

I have to agree with Marvin here. Cheddar on pizza is all kinds of nasty.

Cheddar's okay, but only when it's cut with Mozerella. It gives a little bit extra to the cheese, but too much and it won't taste right.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Cut with Mozarella...

Chave is the Pablo Escobar of dairy products.

My dream pizza...thick crust for sure. I would coat the bottom with a light touch of anchovy paste. Tomato sauce with a mixture of spices of salt, pepper, red pepper, oregano, Parmesan cheese, and basil.

Then...my cheeses...mix of mozzarella, provolone, romano, Asiago, Monterey Jack, and gorgonzola cheeses.

Toppings...Pepperoni, Italian sausage, sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, and green peppers

Two layers of cheese of course...and then after baked I coat the crust with a light touch of garlic butter.

Wash down with a cold one and it's all good. :D

Guest Vitamin X

To be fair here, there is no such thing as the "ultimate" or "perfect" pizza. Im-fucking-possible. One of the reasons why pizza (along with sushi) is my favorite food is because of the versatility of the thing itself. So many different kinds of crust, varying in thickness, ingredients used, seasonings, then even more different varieties of sauce, and the ranges from how much to how little, if any, is put on- then of course the myriad of toppings, which can essentially be limitless granted that the other factors are just right. I am of the theory that I can make almost any kind of dish into a delicious pizza. Here's a shrimp pasta one I've been thinking about recently:

Whole wheat, hand-tossed crust

sundried tomato and basil sauce

shrimp

parmesan/mozzarella cheese

The sundried tomato/basil sauce can be substituted for alfredo sauce for a shrimp linguine pizza. The crust has to be cooked also has to have a chewy, thick (although not pan/deep-dish big) texture to it, which is part of why I suggested whole wheat/hand-tossed.

Conversely, Portland has the top five pizza joints I've ever been to. Yes, I've had Chicago and NY style as well.

1. Ken's Artisan Pizza - Best fucking pizza I've ever had. Bar none. Well worth the fact they have ungodly awful hours (5pm-9pm ONLY) and can be a bit pricey. It's worth it. If any of you ever find yourselves here, you have to try the pizza here.

2. Hot Lips Pizza - Always fresh, local, seasonal ingredients. I get hooked up at a couple of them as well.

3. Eat PIZZA! - Home of the Alla Casalinga, which takes a simple idea and makes it amazing.

4. Hammy's Pizza - open until 4am everyday!

5. Pizzicato - One of my first introductions to "gourmet" pizza.

A garlic and basil crust, layered with pepperoni, sausage and bacon, then a spicy thicker tomatoe sauce, motz, parmesan, bacon, meatballs, jalapeno's, and more motz on top. Deep fried.

Guest Vitamin X
A garlic and basil crust, layered with pepperoni, sausage and bacon, then a spicy thicker tomatoe sauce, motz, parmesan, bacon, meatballs, jalapeno's, and more motz on top. Deep fried.

Holy FUCK. Talk about a heart attack.

Take out the deep-fried, extra motz, and meatballs, and that's a hell of a good pizza. In my experience, having beef and spicy italian sausage on the same pizza doesn't work very well together in taste. But obviously you're going for as much caloric intake as possible, so I can definitely say you've achieved that goal..

Prior to my GF going back to NJ for a while, I was making a chicken, spinach, bacon and caramelized onion white pizza using jarred alfredo sauce and fresh mozzarella cheese (no preshredded crap) for her at least twice a week. One of my tricks was instead of brushing the crust (prebaked) with olive oil before topping it, Id spread 2 wedges of a spreadable garlic/herb swiss cheese product (name escapes me at the moment) and it did the same trick (keep the crust from getting soggy). Im almost considering entering it in the next pizza contest I see because shes such a picky eater and that pizza is one of the few things Ive cooked for her that she eats like its going out of style. It got to the point I was making it so often that I just started buying precooked bacon, precooked and cut up chicken, and I did a huge batch of carmelized onions up and froze them in little bags to save on prep time.

Also, the concept of deep fried pizza is interesting. I just watched a video and its not what I thought, as I thought it was like a hot pocket type deal that was deep fried, but its just a slice of cold pizza dipped in batter and deep fried..which is just more proof you can deep fry anything.