TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

Plans for Edge vs. Cena, Trish and Lita; news on HBK and MNM

Shawn Michaels recently signed a 5-year contract for $1.5 million per year which shocked a lot of people, including Michaels himself. Michaels never thought he'd get an offer like that and while he had been planning on slowing down his schedule very soon, the deal offered to him changed his mind.

For Unforgiven, the main event is all but confirmed to be Edge Vs. John Cena for the title in a TLC match. The idea currently is that Cena will win the title at Summerslam in his hometown, but Edge will then win it back the next month in his hometown and in his specialty match. The feud is currently planned to end around Survivor Series time with Edge being scheduled to be champion afterwards, but things change rapidly in WWE so it is not written in stone.

Speaking of Unforgiven, Trish Stratus is currently being written off RAW and will have her blow-off match at the Unforigven PPV in her hometown of Toronto.

Lita may finish her WWE run as late as November with September being the earliest. She has left the door open to a possible return down the line.

There was an apparent pitch a few months ago to do a scientology angle/gimmick with MNM, which was abandoned due to the split. No word on if it is in store for Johnny Nitro in the future.

Credit Prowrestling.com

Shawn Michaels recently signed a 5-year contract for $1.5 million per year which shocked a lot of people, including Michaels himself. Michaels never thought he'd get an offer like that and while he had been planning on slowing down his schedule very soon, the deal offered to him changed his mind.

Gay.

For Unforgiven, the main event is all but confirmed to be Edge Vs. John Cena for the title in a TLC match. The idea currently is that Cena will win the title at Summerslam in his hometown, but Edge will then win it back the next month in his hometown and in his specialty match. The feud is currently planned to end around Survivor Series time with Edge being scheduled to be champion afterwards, but things change rapidly in WWE so it is not written in stone.

Cool.

Speaking of Unforgiven, Trish Stratus is currently being written off RAW and will have her blow-off match at the Unforigven PPV in her hometown of Toronto.

Sad to see her go, but this is a cool sendoff.

Lita may finish her WWE run as late as November with September being the earliest. She has left the door open to a possible return down the line.

I like her as Edge's valet, but at least she'll be around til the fall/winter with him.

There was an apparent pitch a few months ago to do a scientology angle/gimmick with MNM, which was abandoned due to the split. No word on if it is in store for Johnny Nitro in the future.

What the fuck?

Credit Prowrestling.com

I don't know if I like the flip-flop title switches if that is going to be the plan.

Hopefully Trish & Mickie will have a hell of a match at Unforgiven.

The scientology gimmick would've made sense for MNM, since they were perceived as being pals with celebrities, and scientology seems to be all the rage in Hollywood. It could've been fun, especially to see who it offended.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Edge is suppose to have the title after the feud with Cena is over? Sweet.

Sounds like an interesting main event for the match in TO. Apparently my buddy has comped backstage passes to Unforgiven and he wants me to go with him, should be cool.

I don't like the Edge/Cena hot potato title runs. The only way to establish Edge as a serious champ is to have him go over Cena in a regular match. Unless they do a DQ title change at Summer Slam (which would still be pretty lame), Edge is only going to be hurt by losing then only winning it a heavily gimmicked match designed to favor him.

Why not have Cena get DQ'ed at Summer Slam? He could still look strong without making Edge look like a total loser. Then do the TLC gimmick to solidify Edge instead of using it as the beginning to "Edge desperately tries to re-gain credibility" Part 3.

On the bright side, Cena winning at Summer Slam drastically helps Booker's chances of retaining.

This is all from this week's Observer. Dave never said that Edge would win the TLC match, just that he would be challenging in his hometown and his match.

The idea currently is that Cena will win the title at Summerslam in his hometown, but Edge will then win it back the next month in his hometown

I'd figured that's what they were going to do as soon as I realized the back to back PPVs were in both guys "hometowns" since I hate seeing a guy lose a match in his hometown. It would have been better if Cena just won 3 way initially and retained at SummerSlam with Edge winning the rematch and the blow-off at SSeries. I figured Lita is going to fuck up and cost Edge the title at SSlam and he will dump her the following night.

Here are two questions I have about Edge's future:

1. Will Edge retain his heat once Lita is gone? Let's face it, she is a major reason he got that extra push over the cliff into top heel territory.

2. Is it feasible to assume Edge will get the hometown pop from the Toronto crowd? The last PPV I recall in Toronto was SS 04, where Edge was trashed by the crowd in favor of Jericho...and that was when Edge was a face to boot.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

After Lita leaves, Edge can just punch Nitro in the throat and pick up Melina.

2. Is it feasible to assume Edge will get the hometown pop from the Toronto crowd? The last PPV I recall in Toronto was SS 04, where Edge was trashed by the crowd in favor of Jericho...and that was when Edge was a face to boot.

Jericho's cool, likeable, the heel, and also Canadian. Cena is none of those things and will be booed out of the building.

Yeah, but J.R will still call it a "deafing ovation" for such a "controversial" superstar.

For those of you who think Cena's run as a top star is working, go watch any one of Austin's entrances from 98-01. THAT'S a reaction, Jim.

Guest Kobe24KGold
Shawn getting $1.5M a year is going to do wonders for morale.

HBK has been wrestling the same match for the last 2-3 years. Has the man lost all of his creativity? Talk about a hypocrite for calling Bret Hart a routine wrestler. The same goes for Flair who called Bret a routine wrestler.

Bret Hart continued to bust out new shit all the time in his wrestling matches -- even in the twilight of his career -- than Flair ever did. Michaels used to, but not anymore.

The Edge and Cena feud is supposed to go on until Survivor Series.

Wait a minute. How is no one else pissed off about this? They've been feuding since January. The feud's already lost it's heat to the point that no one gave a shit when they pulled the Dusty Finish at SNME, and now they're going to stretch it out another three months? That's terrible news!

Edge/HBK? I'd be all over it. Edge/HHH? It would be a different twist. I'd be down. Cena/Umaga? I don't really want to see it, but at least it would be something new. Edge/Cena part XXVII? No fucking way. If they run that program past Summerslam, my wrestling viewing's going to be restricted to Tuesday nights only.

Guest DRH 502

Boy, I know what I did wrong when I was wrestling. I ACTUALLY FUCKING SOLD!!!!!! If I would have just took a bunch of shit, then nipped up when it was time to get my shine then superkick pin I would be making that big money now. FUCCKKKKK.

Guest Edgehead

What will HBK's hair look like in 5 years?

I dare not guess. Photoshoppers do your business.

After Lita leaves, Edge can just punch Nitro in the throat and pick up Melina.

After the whole Lita/MH thing, this would actually cement his status as a greart heel if they did this.

The only way I'll buy Edge dropping the belt is through a DQ that had nothing to do with him. An Umaga run-in out of nowhere, for example, that costs Edge the match and the title without it being BAH GAWD THAT JEZEBEL LITA who's gotten him disqualified a few dozen times already.

I'm calling it now. Trish is jobbing in her last match in her hometown just so WWE can piss everyone off.

I think Trish would prefer to go out on her back. Most wrestlers do. It's a time homoured tradition of the business jobbing on the way out.

I'm calling it now. Trish is jobbing in her last match in her hometown just so WWE can piss everyone off.

I think Trish would prefer to go out on her back. Most wrestlers do. It's a time homoured tradition of the business jobbing on the way out.

:P

Right, and I've never heard of Trish ever being a primadonna either.

She'll do the right thing and go out putting over Victoria Mickey James Melina Torrie Wilson.

I'll miss Trish, she always busted her ass in the ring, and actually took the time to learn the artform. She's the only one out of all the untrained women they've brought in that has been good in the ring.