TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

LWIB 8/14-8/20

Guest NYankees

The Beatdown in Beantown 2006. The Boston Massacre 2006 Version. Yankees Sweep Thhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee YANNKKEEEESSSSSSS SWWEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

I said all along that this series would pretty much settle the division....and I think it has. The WC isn't going to be easy either, since leapfrogging Minnesota and Chicago (or Detroit, depending on the division race) is a challenge in and of itself.

Guest NYankees
I said all along that this series would pretty much settle the division....and I think it has. The WC isn't going to be easy either, since leapfrogging Minnesota and Chicago (or Detroit, depending on the division race) is a challenge in and of itself.

There is still a 3 or 4 game series at Yankee Stadium in September. Right now it looks like that all the Yankees have to do in that series is win 2 out of 4 and Boston wont gain any ground. Boston does have a little bit of luck due to the fact that Chicago, Twins and the Tigers are going to be beating up on eachother for the rest of the season.

Cory Lidle also had the best start out of any of the Yankees pitchers this weekend as well. Go figure!

Guest Princess Leena
Right now it looks like that all the Yankees have to do in that series is win 2 out of 4 and Boston wont gain any ground.

Biting analysis.

Guest StylesMark
I can't be the only Yankee fan terrified of Farnsworth pitching in the 9th with a one one lead.

Yay. I can now resume, life.

Guest NYankees
Right now it looks like that all the Yankees have to do in that series is win 2 out of 4 and Boston wont gain any ground.

Biting analysis.

You got me on that one. As a Yankee fan, I wonder when Pavano, Matsui and Sheffield will return and what kind of impact are they going to have on the team. The Yankees bench and pitching depth is really going to impove when they do finally return to the team.

That was the most satisfying regular season series I can remember in some time. Not quite as dramatic as the series at the end of last season to capture the division, but this was just an epic beatdown the likes of which I've never seen.

I see the Yankees riding the momentum of this to a great September. The Sox I can see going either way, they could rally, they could collapse, but I think they're going to have to settle for the wild card race now (which I don't think they can win).

The Yankees will be tested in the next couple of weeks by the Angels, Tigers and Twins. But after that they've got 7 against TB, 7 against Baltimore, 6 against Toronto and 3 against KC.

The Red Sox have 3 game sets with the Angels, A's, Twins and White Sox on the schedule. 7 against Toronto, 6 against Baltimore, 3 against KC and 2 against Tampa.

I'm willing to admit that the Red Sox season is over. My only reason for continuing to watch baseball at this point is to see the Yankees choke yet again when the post season rolls around. I wonder how many times A-Fraud will strike out with the bases loaded or allow go ahead runs to score when he can't handle routine plays at third base.

Guest StylesMark
I wonder how many times A-Fraud will strike out with the bases loaded or allow go ahead runs to score when he can't handle routine plays at third base.

Not quite as many times as the Sox BP will collapse by years end. :D

Of course A-Fraud makes more money than the entire Sox bullpen and their familes combined.

He can probably pitch better than all of them right now.

And they can probably play third base better.

Doubtful.

And I'd take A-Rod (or is it A-FRAUD!?!?!?!?! LOL2002) over Lowell.

Has anyone on this board ever come up with a nickname for a baseball player that wasn't incredibly lame?

I don't think so. Resuckma is probably the worst though.

I would take Lowell over E-Rod in a heartbeat. Not even close.

I'm surprised that you are wasting your time posting on an internet wrestling message board instead of running a baseball team. You should not waste such genius.

I'm surprised that you are wasting your time posting on an internet wrestling message board instead of running a baseball team. You should not waste such genius.

He's probably the one running the Royals.

Good for you! :)

Lowell's averages w/RISP since the ASB: .226/.289/.387 1 HR, 12 RBI

A-Rod's averages w/RISP since the ASB: .254/.357/.390 1 HR, 19 RBI

But don't let that get in the way. JETER SUCKS, A-ROD SWALLOWS LOLZERS~!!~!~!

Mike Lowell has one extra base hit in the month of August. That's it. One freaking hit!

He also has a tremendous .660 OPS since the All-Star break. He's barely a serviceable player at this point, Gold Glove defense or not.

Good for you! :)

Lowell's averages w/RISP since the ASB: .226/.289/.387 1 HR, 12 RBI

A-Rod's averages w/RISP since the ASB: .254/.357/.390 1 HR, 19 RBI

But don't let that get in the way. JETER SUCKS, A-ROD SWALLOWS LOLZERS~!!~!~!

A-ROD? MORE LIKE GAY-ROD!! LOLLERSKATES!!!

Maybe I should clarify. Dollar for dollar Lowell is a much better player than A-Rod. I would much rather take Lowell at 9 million a year than A-Rod at 25 million.

You guys sure get defensive.