TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EMAXSAUN

Chris Masters

Masters lost his gimmick, unless he gets his ass in the gym and starts working out and eating right to get his muscle mass pack, he's going to have to be re-packaged but seeing how its the WWE, if Masters doesn't get his body back in the way it was.....He's fucked.

His gimmick needs to die now but that doesn't have to mean his career is over too because good writers can make anyone get over. Hell, they can even joke about his size but just let him squash a couple of guys to get his credibility back. I'm not going to lie, I have a soft spot for the guy.

The problem with that theory is WWE hasn't had writers that even toed the line of "good" since 2000.

Just retool his gimmick a bit. His character towards the end was getting over as the dumb, arrogant jock. He can still be that. I do hope he makes it though, he's essentially still a kid in the wrestling business, and doesn't even deserve to be written off as a failure... hell, the guy's not even 25 yet.

Thing is, I saw Masters last night on OVW and he's still doing the Masterlock Challenge and all that.

Honestly, they need to just repackage him or release him. Put a mask on him and let people wonder who it is, then finally unmask him.

Guest DRH 502

Yeah he really looked like a douche last night on OVW. His neck is hella long and without those massive traps to mask that he looks like a big dumbass.

Guest DRH 502
unless he gets his ass in the gym and starts working out and eating right to get his muscle mass pack

Are you fucking serious dude? As small as he may be you still have to work out and eat right to look that shredded...you have never picked up a weight in your life have you dude?

Without the kind of physique needed to maintain the credibility of his Masterpiece gimmick, Masters is dead in the water. They can put a mask on him and have him work a different style, but the moment he shows up on WWE TV the crowds are going to be all over him with chants and catcalls over his loss of mass, and when that happens he may as well just send him home.

Guest InuYasha

mastersovw.jpg

Damn. Although, as mentioned, it will probably be better for his health to not be so buffed out anymore. Scott Steiner looks like crap these days because he's so buffed up.

I am not denying that Masters was on roids; I think that is fairly obvious.

But I used to work in a mental health/drug rehab hospital, and people that were in there for drug addictions were there for a long time. It was also said that Masters was depressed as well.

If he was off the gas AND was in rehab with no chance to work out, he probably lost more muscle mass than he would had he just been off roids. I am not saying he would still look the same by simply being off the roids, but I would venture that he would be able to put on a little more muscle now that he is out of rehab. Give him a few months, and he can get more size. He will never be as big as he was, but all is not lost for him.

He'll either:

a.) Learn to work, and do decent in the WWE

b.) Continue to suck ass, remain in OVW until he's released

c.) Get released, get juiced up again, and work the indys or maybe TNA

I hope he gets his physique back naturally, and limbers up, learns to work, and plays the dumb jock gimmick he had on Raw before his susspension.