TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EMAXSAUN

Chris Masters

and this is a bad thing why? If anything, it should improve his mobility in the ring. Of course, there is no guarantee he will ever be any good in the ring, but not being so grotesquely muscular will certainly improve his chances.

He's still shredded, just not to the obscenely large nature that he was. It'll probably save his life some day, even if it causes him to lose his job. He's young though, so he has time to recover and make something of his career.

uiwayd.jpg

It will be quite odd seeing him walk out to his old entrance video now. They've got to change that before he is back on RAW.

There's nothing wrong with this at all, but I can't help but to find it funny.

This might be good for his long term health but it is a killer for his career. You cannot build someone up as the "Masterpiece" have him go away for a few months amd then come back looking like a guy from the local gym. Wrestling fans have short memories, but not that short.

I feel bad for him, really bad for him. He did more with the role that was given to him than a lot of other people could have. He was not that good in the ring, but for a company that is pushing a 53 year old man with one leg that is gone and another on life support in the main event of one of it's top three shows, he was adequate. I will honestly be surprised if he ever makes it back out of development.

Once he gets released he will probably juice back up and catch on somewhere else.

Oh yeah I wasn't saying that it was a bad thing by any means, and it is probably good for him considering how un-naturally big he was before. It's crazy to see a before/after picture of him though.

This might be good for his long term health but it is a killer for his career. You cannot build someone up as the "Masterpiece" have him go away for a few months amd then come back looking like a guy from the local gym. Wrestling fans have short memories, but not that short.

I feel bad for him, really bad for him. He did more with the role that was given to him than a lot of other people could have. He was not that good in the ring, but for a company that is pushing a 53 year old man with one leg that is gone and another on life support in the main event of one of it's top three shows, he was adequate. I will honestly be surprised if he ever makes it back out of development.

Once he gets released he will probably juice back up and catch on somewhere else.

I'd say dying before his 40th birthday is more of a career killer.

He's still young enough that he can actually learn how to wrestle now. His character can still be cocky. He's not a lost cause.

He's still young enough that he can actually learn how to wrestle now. His character can still be cocky. He's not a lost cause.

His look was the only thing he had going for him. I'd say he IS a lost cause.

His look was the only thing he had going for him and it put him on the fast track. However, since he had it easy, it's not a stretch to say that he could have gotten lazy in his ability to learn and improve as well as limited any mobility he may have, so you never know. If he can get over not having his look and gimmick anymore, then he's not a lost cause.

Masters isn't that tall which will be more noticable without the added muscle, he's balding, has a lisp and his entire gimmick, finishing move and everything that comes with it has to be altered if not completely changed. I don't know too many instances where the WWF/E had to do that with a guy they created and chose to push again. Basically he's Buff Bagwell now, without the benefit of people having at one time cared about Buff Bagwell.

Masters isn't that tall which will be more noticable without the added muscle, he's balding, has a lisp and his entire gimmick, finishing move and everything that comes with it has to be altered if not completely changed. I don't know too many instances where the WWF/E had to do that with a guy they created and chose to push again. Basically he's Buff Bagwell now, without the benefit of people having at one time cared about Buff Bagwell.

According to everything I've seen, he's actually 6'4 or 6'5 which could be an inflation, but in that case he's no shorter than Orton or Triple H.

I don't think his lisp is Kanyon bad, the Master Lock can be modified easily enough, maybe to a Camel Clutch Full Nelson or something. He was playing the dumb jock role perfectly before he left, just take away the body builder aspect. He and WWE would have to put work in, if they even decide he's worth keeping, but I'm just saying not to write him off.

His look was the only thing he had going for him. I'd say he IS a lost cause.

His look is what got him his spot on Raw. Maybe he can get some training to actually work a decent match. At his age, he's shouldn't be completely written off as worthless.

You could feud him with some of the "bigger" Superstars. Have him rag on them for being roided-up, whether they are or not, all the while keeping his conceited, arrogant persona. It's a stretch, but quite a few of the storylines in WWE nowadays are.

His gimmick is gone, so is the Unbreakble Masterlock. On the upper side, he gains mobility and can do much more now than press slams and torture racks. He needs to go from being Luger-like to being a normal wrestler.

As for explaining all his weight loss......well, let's just say that his mirror broke but he still believes he has his monsterous shape.

Masters was probably hired only because of his look. Now that it's gone, it doesn't necessarily have to be a career killer. A skilled and creative writing and booking team could give him something meaningful to do.

Oh. Right. He's fucked.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
its a fake. look at the hogan/michaels banner in the background

It's not a fake. That Hogan/Michaels SummerSlam 2005 banner has been on the wall of the OVW Arena the past year. Just shows you how rarely they change that stuff.

All the developmental territories have WWE PPV banners hung in their arenas.

It's not a fake. That Hogan/Michaels SummerSlam 2005 banner has been on the wall of the OVW Arena the past year. Just shows you how rarely they change that stuff.

i see

im still skeptical that anyone can lose that much muscle mass in that short of a time.

i see

im still skeptical that anyone can lose that much muscle mass in that short of a time.

He's been gone since mid-May, I think. That's about three months. It could happen. By the way, you're not seeing the full scope of what he's lost in that picture due to the angle. Clearly he's smaller, but it's not like he's suddenly Spike Dudley. If anything, he's more on the level of the former La Resistance members.

Guest DRH 502

Yeah Dub its definately a bad angle. He looks to have lost maybe 20 pounds of muscle at most. Probably more around 15... He has lost a little size in his delts, arms, traps...he was never very thick when looking at him from the side...

His gimmick needs to die now but that doesn't have to mean his career is over too because good writers can make anyone get over. Hell, they can even joke about his size but just let him squash a couple of guys to get his credibility back. I'm not going to lie, I have a soft spot for the guy.