TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

GSP not fighting in September???

Why WOULDN'T they? You get double the PPV payoff.

Diego v.s. GSP is easily strong enough to sell a PPV based on #1 contendership status, or a major rating on TV

Then you follow it up with winner versus champion for another major payday. Simple business formula. If they cared that much about Diego being undefeated, they wouldn't have done Diego/Karo, and instead just fed Diego scrubs for awhile to build him up which is yet another effective tactic provided he squashed them dead. Diego cares about Diego being undefeated. I doubt UFC really gives a fuck.

I think they very much give a fuck, considering Diego is the only guy from the TUF crew who is still undefeated and he's been given the most quality opponents as well and passed every test put in front of him. They aren't going to fuck it up by putting him in there with somebody who would stomp his ass.

I think they very much give a fuck, considering Diego is the only guy from the TUF crew who is still undefeated and he's been given the most quality opponents as well and passed every test put in front of him. They aren't going to fuck it up by putting him in there with somebody who would stomp his ass.

I agree, and if they are going to do it, they are going to make it for the Title and make much more money off it.

Guest DRH 502

Have any of you read the Grappling Magazine interview with Hughes where he talks about the Royce fight, and how he knew after he had the armbar on for a few seconds that Royce WAS NOT going to tap out, and he didn't want to break his arm so he let him go and got the TKO??

In an interview by Grappling Magazine, Hughes alleged that he voluntarly released Gracie from his arm-bar as he did not want to break Gracie's arm and believed that Gracie would not submit. Therefore, he tried and obtained a TKO.

And i'd seriously pay good money to see a battle of Mullets, winner take all Nickle Plated beltbuckles and wallet chain battle of the Hughes brothers. Yeehaw.

I thought UFC was putting a small risk with Diego vs Diaz...but I was way wrong.

I really don't like Penn's chances with Matt. Sure, he's beat him before, but that's the last time he's lost. 5 wins in a row, and they haven't been easy ones.

Have any of you read the Grappling Magazine interview with Hughes where he talks about the Royce fight, and how he knew after he had the armbar on for a few seconds that Royce WAS NOT going to tap out, and he didn't want to break his arm so he let him go and got the TKO??

In an interview by Grappling Magazine, Hughes alleged that he voluntarly released Gracie from his arm-bar as he did not want to break Gracie's arm and believed that Gracie would not submit. Therefore, he tried and obtained a TKO.

Yes. I thought that was obvious. He had the straight armlock on perfectly and Royce was clearly feeling it but didn't want to tap out to a submission in front of his father Helio. Ref John McCarthy also did Royce a favour by calling it a TKO before Royce had tapped the mat a third and final time while Matt was pounding his head in. Royce cle4arly tapped twice but McCarthy pulled Hughes off before the last tap.

Youth N Asia, The Riggs and Royce fights weren't exactly hard work for Matt.

Guest DRH 502

Matt Hughes vs. BJ Penn for the UFC Welterweight Title

-David Loiseau vs. Mike Swick

-Jens Pulver vs. Joe Lauzon

-Jason Lambert vs. Rashad Evans

-Melvin Guillard vs. Gabe Ruediger

-Jorge Gurgel vs. Danny Abaddi

-Roger Huerta vs. Jason Reinhardt