TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angelus

The Black Donnellys

Academy Award winners Paul Haggis and Bobby Moresco ("Crash") are the creators of "The Black Donnellys," a gritty new crime drama series loosely based on Moresco's background. The series follows the exploits of four young, working-class Irish brothers and their involvement in organized crime in New York City. Despite their rough surroundings, the Donnelly brothers basically remain "good kids" -- who will do anything to protect each other against all odds

Was able to watch the pilot and it is definitely one of the greatest pilot episodes I've ever seen. The ending is amazing, the type of shock and awesoness that happen once in a decade in television.

Everything is just right, there's literally nothing anyone could critique that's truly disappointing or bad. ( Ok maybe a few clichés but at the same time they makes fun of them so i guess it's fine ). The first 40 minutes is, in and of itself, great buildup, but when you watched the last five minutes BOOM everything just clicks and you'll look back at the previous 40 minutes in a completely different light.

Oh and the use of the music is great, the last scene would not be so good without Arcade Fire's Rebellion ( Lies ). I really hoped they do well in the ratings cause i would kill to see the rest, it will be in my top five show if they continued like that.

Anyone has already see it ?

When I first saw the title to this I thought they were making a movie about the original Black Donnelly's.

Either way, I'll have to check it out.