TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Raw Thread - September/4th/2006.

This is probably one of the strongest builds to a complete show from Raw in awhile as every match has signifcant build.

DX/McMahons, Edge/Cena are months long at this point. Trish/Lita, is a storied feud dating back 2+ years and they have make sure to push the farewell aspect. The rest of the stories are logical for the most part and they aren't random.

Is it a strong card? I think the appeal of TLC/HIAC/Trish's farwell is more enticing then previous Raw ppvs have had for the general fanbase.

With a strong push next week, they could easily make Unforgiven a watchable ppv.

To me the biggest reason I found Raw watchable was that just about every segment had a point to it. There wasn't much dead space and/or pointless segments throughout the show. Actual build to the ppv is nice once in a while.

In regards to Edge's promo, I might have been overly enamoured with it do to the fact he kept causing me to laugh (comparing Cena's moveset to a retarded gorilla, for example).

Speaking of the opening promo, did anyone else notice the (very well made) sign with the TNA logo on it (it may have said "Is the Future" underneath) that seemed to vanish after the lights changed colour for Edge's promo?

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Dark/Heat Matches:

Henry Godwinn defeated Eric Perez.

Shelton Benjamin defeated Eugene.

Mickie James defeated Torrie Wilson.

The Spirit Squad defeated Val Venis & Gene Snitsky.

Dark/Heat Matches:

Henry Godwinn defeated Eric Perez.

Shelton Benjamin defeated Eugene.

Mickie James defeated Torrie Wilson.

The Spirit Squad defeated Val Venis & Gene Snitsky.

Henry Godwinn is coming back? no wonder JR called a inverse ddt a "slop drop" last week on raw

anyhow I worked until 10 so I only saw the show from the end of the 3 way tag match on, luckily I have the telemundo 2 channel which replays raw twice on weds nights.

anyhow here are thoughts from what I saw-

Flair's facial expressions during and after the kiss were hilarious

Carlito asking Trish what is so great about orton, and what is this about (does ortons pose) had me rotfl

Ortons heelishness was great during the main event, I really enjoyed the way he rkod trish, then did the you cant see me hand signal to the refs back

once again Benoit and Jericho are calling you JR (no edge is not undefeated in TLC)

I wonder how theyre going to book Trish/lita? I mean you could pay the right tribute by having her win the match, but how can she when its a title match? Myabe it should be non-title so they could just do that. Or maybe she will win it and theyll vacate it or somethin, so if Lita leaves she wont have a title either

The people who cry racism about Cryme Tyme wouldn't have been able to handle the stuff Cornette did back in his day

I'm sure they could handle seeing someone with a banana up a guys ass.

Cornette's day was a different time. Blatant racism was still all over entertainment. And we're talking about Southern Pro Wrestling.

That said, Cryme Tyme is one of the best things I've seen on WWE in years.

I'm not offended by it at all, the shit great.

Givin' shoutouts to the security camera. That's fucking awesome.

I liked everything on Raw this week. It's been a while since that's happened.

Awesome. It was because there wasn't enough D-X and McMahon skits, and there was too much wrestling.

Next Raw there will be 20 minute promos all around for the McMahons+shawnmichaels.

It was really just because it was Labor Day. Anyone know what ECW did this week?

Funny how that didn't stop the FSU-Miami game from being the second most watched college game in ESPN history

That is the other factor.

Please forgive me for my laziness. I don't wish to read 15 pages of threads. What was IWC'S response to Jeff Hardy's match. I was less than thrilled by his appearance and his performance. I watch RAW on Tuesday's and have limited email access, hence my delay in posting in this thread.