TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cabbageboy

NFL Week 2

Guest Smues

I completely agree. I was going to just get that half of the screen in the picture and it'd be perfect but I'm lazy.

NFL Replay games for this week:

Tuesday: Giants at Eagles (8PM), Patriots at Jets (10:30PM)

Wednesday: Saints at Packers (8PM), Panthers at Vikings (10:30PM)

Two OT games and two games with big comebacks. Sounds good. I think I would have chosen Rams/49ers over the Saints though.

They did that last week too. It said like

PERSON'S NAME

THIS IS WHERE YOU PUT STATISTICS AND FACTS

Damn being out of town last weekend. I wish I'd seen that

In Deadspin's archive...

whoisthishutchfellow.jpg

MNF is painful. Listening to Theisman and Kornhole arguing is awful, they are both passive-aggressive little bitches to each other. Kornheiser doesn't really have anything to say other than moronic irrelevant stats being fed through his earpiece, does he even like football?

Anyone who has watched PTI in the past, knows that Kornyboy doesn't actually watches sports, but chooses when a big game is on, to watch sitcoms and such.

Guest Smues

They did that last week too. It said like

PERSON'S NAME

THIS IS WHERE YOU PUT STATISTICS AND FACTS

Damn being out of town last weekend. I wish I'd seen that

In Deadspin's archive...

whoisthishutchfellow.jpg

Awesome

Guest Smues
AERIEL COVERAGE

Well, The Little Mermaid would have been more interesting to watch than last nights game

Then it would be ARIEL COVERAGE

And the Falcons play any differently.... how?

They gave up on that whole passing thing for awhile. This Nebraska option offense suits them better.

And that whole adding Lawyer Milloy, Grady Jackson, Chris Crocker, John Abraham, Wayne Gandy, Norwood from the draft, Recivers that actually get open, new QB coach and a offense that is actually geared to their strengths.

Yeah...they are a little different now.

Guest Vitamin X

They gave up on that whole passing thing for awhile. This Nebraska option offense suits them better.

And that whole adding Lawyer Milloy, Grady Jackson, Chris Crocker, John Abraham, Wayne Gandy, Norwood from the draft, Recivers that actually get open, new QB coach and a offense that is actually geared to their strengths.

Milloy and especially Abraham (who was a fucking monster against Carolina) are definitely upgrades, while I haven't really heard of the others outside of Grady "fat useless bastard" Jackson. Jackson will look great against an inexperienced and small offensive line, but against an experienced and/or big offensive line, he's utterly worthless. He hasn't done well against the run for a while, and is kinda over the hill.

But I agree with you that this is a different Falcons squad. But also a much different Bears squad.

Maybe we'll see them in the playoffs since we don't get them in the regular season. I also think the Saints will probably make the playoffs this year now that I think about it a bit more. I don't know who the hell those other two receivers with numbers in the teens were outside of Joe Horn, but they were pretty good, or at least Drew Brees makes them look that way.

The NFC South just might've flipped upside down.

Guest Felonies!

I still remember Ron Mexico doing anything to prevent freezing to death in last year's Falcons-Bears game. Rough winter we had.

Milloy and especially Abraham (who was a fucking monster against Carolina) are definitely upgrades, while I haven't really heard of the others outside of Grady "fat useless bastard" Jackson. Jackson will look great against an inexperienced and small offensive line, but against an experienced and/or big offensive line, he's utterly worthless. He hasn't done well against the run for a while, and is kinda over the hill.

But I agree with you that this is a different Falcons squad. But also a much different Bears squad.

Maybe we'll see them in the playoffs since we don't get them in the regular season. I also think the Saints will probably make the playoffs this year now that I think about it a bit more. I don't know who the hell those other two receivers with numbers in the teens were outside of Joe Horn, but they were pretty good, or at least Drew Brees makes them look that way.

Grady Jacksons role on the falcons is to be fat and take up space. And he does that well. We had a undersized defensive end playing that position last year. ANd two strong rushing teams didn't go apeshit on us in the first two weeks. Hopefully his fat ass will stay fat and help in stopping that. I don't care if he just falls when the ball is hiked, at least he isn't getting pushed back like our other DT on rushing plays.

Grady Jacksons role on the falcons is to be fat and take up space. And he does that well. We had a undersized defensive end playing that position last year. ANd two strong rushing teams didn't go apeshit on us in the first two weeks. Hopefully his fat ass will stay fat and help in stopping that. I don't care if he just falls when the ball is hiked, at least he isn't getting pushed back like our other DT on rushing plays.

Are the Falcons receivers any good? I remember Roddy White but I don't even know if he is still there. I just want to know what happens if someone somehow manages to contain or even stop the running attack. That defense is fierce, no doubt about that. Some hard hitters and space takers.

Guest Vitamin X

Michael Jenkins is pretty good, and Vick is throwing the ball better this year despite the numbers.

But make no mistake about it, the Falcons are still a run-first team. The option does work perfect for them.

Guest Princess Leena

Jenkins and White are acceptable NFL starting WR's. There's worse out there. But, it doesn't matter. Vick's running ability must be used at all times.