TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Exactly, it's almost as if you were looking for something to complain about Andrew, which is very unlike you.

I haven't had the pleasure of playing RE4 yet, but its on my rental list on lovefilm, and I really look forward to playing it.

Guest Smues

Today's VC releases:

super metroid (SNES)

shinobi 3 (GEN)

netupia (TG16)

Super Metroid and Shinobi 3 are awesome, and I've heard Netupia is a good Zelda clone, so this may be the best overall release week ever. I'll probably get all 3 when I'm back home.

Why would you *want* to go back to that control scheme???

To play the game the way it was originally intended to be played. What's so crazy about that? :P I happen to like the GC controller for 3D games. Remember, I haven't played through the game (let alone multiple times) like some folks.

I'll admit that once I tried it, seeing I have to hold down the B-button to run, I said "yuk" and picked up the wiichuck again, but the same issue still exists with that scheme, it's just less prominent since it's mapped to a button that isn't a pain to hold down often.

Exactly, it's almost as if you were looking for something to complain about Andrew, which is very unlike you.

I don't like having the classic controller as a sole option for traditional controls. I'll take a wavebird over a pad that has a wiimote dangling from it.

The GC controller *is* conspicuously absent from the back of the game box and it isn't mentioned in the manual. So while the GC controller support is there, it's there quietly. And if you didn't have access to your nunchuck, it seems silly that you can't boot the game.

I don't like having the classic controller as a sole option for traditional controls. I'll take a wavebird over a pad that has a wiimote dangling from it.

The GC controller *is* conspicuously absent from the back of the game box and it isn't mentioned in the manual. So while the GC controller support is there, it's there quietly. And if you didn't have access to your nunchuck, it seems silly that you can't boot the game.

Sorry that wasn't the point i was making, not sure how it came off.

I was just saying that if you wanted to use the GC controller, why not buy RE4 cube version? It would be a budget title now.

Well technically the Wii version comes with the Ada Wong stuff.

But still. The Wii remote is just better control. I don't see the issue at all.

It would be nice if they could actually release the N64 WCW AKI games on Virtual Console since THQ has the rights to WWE and WWE owns WCW...anyone know if that is actually possible?

Doubtful. I'm just talking out of my ass here but it's based on things I've heard over the years so I assume it's fairly close to the truth...

THQ can release a WWE game now and use anyone on the roster they want. All of those people have signed a contract allowing their likeness to be merchandised for profit and I would hope they get royalties too. This is why Low Ki is known as Senshi in TNA - he didn't want to sign his likeness over.

If THQ re-released a game they made a decade ago with a decade old licensing agreement with an out of business company, your DDP's, Randy Savage's, and Bill Goldberg's (just to name three) might have issue with their likeness being used. I suppose they could just give EVERYONE a fake name and simple colour swaps but I don't see it.

They slapped Wii ads in the textures that were used for some brand name jetskis in Wave Rave 64 for VC, so it wouldn't be unprecedented.

But N didn't develop No Mercy.

The work Nintendo did to replace the Kawasaki references in Wave Race probably took a few hours. Removing all the WCW content from Revenge would be so much work that it wouldn't be worth it.

I imagine "WCW" and all it's intellectual property is fine since that's WWE's now, but the actual likenesses of the sports entertainers would be a bitch. Basic point is the same though - a LOT of work.

If THQ re-released a game they made a decade ago with a decade old licensing agreement with an out of business company, your DDP's, Randy Savage's, and Bill Goldberg's (just to name three) might have issue with their likeness being used. I suppose they could just give EVERYONE a fake name and simple colour swaps but I don't see it.

Wouldn't this fall under the same thing as the WCW tape library though? Does WWE have to pay out royalties everytime they put a WCW match on a DVD of theirs (containing a worker who doesn't work for them)? I'm thinking it might be the same thing with the videogames.

But I also doubt it would happen any time soon...

Wouldn't this fall under the same thing as the WCW tape library though? Does WWE have to pay out royalties everytime they put a WCW match on a DVD of theirs (containing a worker who doesn't work for them)? I'm thinking it might be the same thing with the videogames.

But I also doubt it would happen any time soon...

I read in an interview Kid Kash still recieves royalty payments to this day for a WWE game he was in.

Neo Geo games release on the Virtual Console in Japan on September 11. The first three are Fatal Fury, World Heroes, and Magician Lord. Neo Geo games are 900 Points each.

In Japan, the VC updaes on Tuesdays. Whether this means we'll see Neo Geo games on Monday the 10th is up in the air, but rest assured they will be 900 points.

Neo Geo games release on the Virtual Console in Japan on September 11. The first three are Fatal Fury, World Heroes, and Magician Lord. Neo Geo games are 900 Points each.

In Japan, the VC updaes on Tuesdays. Whether this means we'll see Neo Geo games on Monday the 10th is up in the air, but rest assured they will be 900 points.

Sweet motherfucking zombie Jesus - are we getting them for sure regardless of the date? I'd not heard anything about this yet..

Yes, Neo Geo games are, in fact, confirmed for American release, as spoken by Ben Herman, president of SNK Playmore USA. The original release date was "This Summer", but as we approach the end of "This summer", we haven't seen anything yet.

(Keep in mind the things that Ben Herman says tend to be completely full of shit, however Neo Geo games in America are a done deal)

For what it's worth, there are no issues with translation and localization for Neo Geo Games. The English and Japanese versions are included on the same cartridge, and all you need to switch between them is a dip switch setting (or a 1 byte change in the emulator). Any Neo Geo game that launches in Japan is therefore ready for American release.

(Regardless, a game still has to pass Nintendo's testing, and, say, if there's a word in the English version of a game that Nintendo doesn't like, back it goes)

As far as the 900 points thing, it's true that prices in Japan differ (Link to the Past is 900, not 800, Ocarina of Time is 1200, not 1000), but 900 points is in line with predictions and words from Ben Herman himself that the cost would be between an SNES game and an N64 game.

But still. The Wii remote is just better control. I don't see the issue at all.

Yeah, exactly. There's a major possibility that I'll just totally skip RE5 when it hits 360, and instead just wait for the Wii version. Even though it wouldn't look as good as the 360 version, I'd much rather play the game with the Wii controls.

There is no Wii version of RE5, and there probably won't be one.

I know it hasn't been announced yet, but I think it's likely that it'll happen. They've said in interviews that they haven't decided on it yet, since a number of things would have to be changed and/or altered since RE5 is being built from the ground up for the more powerful 360 and PS3 systems. They've said that they'd watch the numbers of the Wii version of RE4, and that next RE game for the Wii, and then make their decision at that time. Add that to the fact that it's recently been said that the numbers for the Wii version of RE4 have far exceeded expectations (well on the way to a million copies sold), then we might be getting somewhere.

If not the RE5 that we see on the 360 and PS3, there will be something along the same lines on the Wii eventually. There has to be - RE4 is selling far too well for them not to do something for Wii owners.

I don't plan on owning a PS3 or a 360 for a very long time so I would definitely buy RE5 for the Wii, even with the scaled back graphics.

There is no Wii version of RE5, and there probably won't be one.

I know it hasn't been announced yet, but I think it's likely that it'll happen. They've said in interviews that they haven't decided on it yet, since a number of things would have to be changed and/or altered since RE5 is being built from the ground up for the more powerful 360 and PS3 systems. They've said that they'd watch the numbers of the Wii version of RE4, and that next RE game for the Wii, and then make their decision at that time. Add that to the fact that it's recently been said that the numbers for the Wii version of RE4 have far exceeded expectations (well on the way to a million copies sold), then we might be getting somewhere.

If not the RE5 that we see on the 360 and PS3, there will be something along the same lines on the Wii eventually. There has to be - RE4 is selling far too well for them not to do something for Wii owners.

I agree that Capcom will release some kind of port of RE5. Too much money not to happen. But ask yourself this:

Would you buy the Wii version of Smackdown vs Raw '08, knowing that the Wii version has been simplified from the PS3/Xbox 360 versions? (At the very least, you cannot run in any direction you want)

no I really, really wouldn't. The only exception would be if this 'arcadey' mode was just one of the modes available, and the game included the sim-type of game I really want. I don't give half a crap about being able to crotch-chop, heh.

To be honest I'll just play DOR2 forever until something with a identical engine pops up =)

I agree that Capcom will release some kind of port of RE5. Too much money not to happen. But ask yourself this:

Would you buy the Wii version of Smackdown vs Raw '08, knowing that the Wii version has been simplified from the PS3/Xbox 360 versions? (At the very least, you cannot run in any direction you want)

Smackdown and RE5 are two different games dude... not only that, but also made by two different companies.

You're missing the point.

If you owned a 360 and a Wii, and a game came out for both systems, say, RE5, or Smackdown VS Raw 2008, do you buy the 360 version, or the Wii version?