TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Metroid Prime 3 made my Wii crap out and now I have to send it in!

Edit: Maybe not, Nintendo wants me to try a differant copy of Metroid Prime 3, which means I have to return this one and rent another one somewhere else. Damnit.

Eh? Why would you need to do that? Does it play other games?

Metroid Prime 3 made my Wii crap out and now I have to send it in!

Edit: Maybe not, Nintendo wants me to try a differant copy of Metroid Prime 3, which means I have to return this one and rent another one somewhere else. Damnit.

Eh? Why would you need to do that? Does it play other games?

Here's what happen.

I rented Metroid Prime 3 and popped it into my Wii, saw that there was a system update and updated my system, then all of a sudden the disc couldn't be read. I took the disc out and looked at the back, saw no deep scartches and tried it again, same error. I then grabbed my Legend of Zelda and popped that in and it worked, so then I tried my Wii Sports and got "can't read disc, eject game and restart system.", so I did that and tried Wii Sports and Metroid Prime again, both were both getting disc read error messages but the messages were in differant form for the games. Metroid was "disc read error" while Wii Sports was "Can't read disc, eject game, and restart system.".

I called Nintendo and after being on hold for 10 minutes (God I hate their automated machine voice that comes on every minute.), I got ahold of a rep and explained what happen then I got "uhhhh, hmmm, ok, ughhhhh, ok (I sware to you he did this for at least a minute.). "What's wrong?" I asked him, "you sound stumped." "Well you see," he said "We've been getting reports that a lot of Metroid Prime 3 discs are doing this to Wiis'." "Doing what?" I asked, "updating the systems and getting disc read errors." he replied. "Great." I said with dissapointment.

"And you see, here's the problem, normally we have you send your Wii and your copy of Metroid Prime 3 in and we fix it for you, but since you've rented it.....you can't really do that." He told me. He then told me "Well, how bout this, why don't you send your Wii and your copies of Zelda and Wii sports in and we'll see whats wrong....Actually can you hold for a second, I want to make sure thats what we should do." "Sure." I told him, pist off as I just went through this crap with my 360.

After a few minutes, the rep got back on the line and told me to return the copy of Metroid Prime 3 I had rented and get ahold of another copy and see if that works and if that didn't work, call back. So thats what I did, went back out and returned the copy I had rented from a private video store that only had 1 copy in total and guess who had that copy....Me and I couldn't even get a damn cash refund back, I got a fucking credit. I then walked up to Hollywood Video that had one copy left and rented that out, returned home and tried it and lord behold....MY WII READ THE DISC!

Moral of the story: Some Metroid Prime 3's are fucking up Nintendo Wiis'. Before of the Metroid Prime!

Wow, that's really stupid of Nintendo to be doing forced updates with the discs if so.

So all your games are working now fine?

I haven't tried Wii sports yet. They recommanded I should clean it...I'm being lazy.

Does Nintendo only hire dipshits to work their call centres? I swear to god every time I call in there I get someone who either hasn't had any call centre training.. or he just has no idea about his own product.. either way they're usually more interested in getting the call done and over with than solving the actual problem. In my experience, anyway.

That's the exact opposite of my experiences with them dub. I had to have my Wii taken in because it would not properly read my discs, so I called them up. The guy was incredibly efficient in setting up my free repair and was really nice, too. It came back and still wasn't working 100% of the time so I call again - and the second guy was just as friendly and smart. so I dunno?

Does Nintendo only hire dipshits to work their call centres? I swear to god every time I call in there I get someone who either hasn't had any call centre training.. or he just has no idea about his own product.. either way they're usually more interested in getting the call done and over with than solving the actual problem. In my experience, anyway.

My own experiences calling N have been fine, but that's what happens with call centers too much in general. Achieving a low Average Handle Time trumps nearly all other concerns.

Plus, they probably aren't Nintendo employees. Frontline tech support agents for most companies are commonly just employees at a call center that the company subcontracted to. But at least for N, they seem to all be native English-speakers.

This was my only time dealing with someone who just went "uhhhh, ok, ummmmmm, hmm, ok.....Uhhhhh". Normally Nintendo reps (when I can get ahold of one) are really good when it comes to solving my issues. I only real complaint is just being on hold so long and instead of music, I get about 30 seconds of music then the annoying voice over comes on repeating the 3 steps I can do that might solve my issue. I hate that voice.

Hey we Americans have to get you guys back somehow, making us look bad because you have free heatlh insurance. :P

Hey we Americans have to get you guys back somehow, making us look bad because you have free heatlh insurance. :P

LOL - biggest misconception ever. We don't have free healthcare. Taxes dude, taxes. :P

Fair enough dub, but unemployed people (or kids) can sit around not paying taxes and it's not like you need to have a job to get an OHIP card (or provincial equivalent). Then again we pay 14% tax on everything we buy.

Last time I remember calling a Nintendo rep was around 1994 when a friend of mine wiped some dust off of the TV while holding one of my SNES controllers. He got a static shock and this managed to totally mess up the controller so Nintendo sent me a free one.

Im having problems with my remote up close to the sensor bar. I play pretty close to the tv since I dont have a lot of room, and its been no problem til today. The sensor bar wont pick up anything unless its a good couple feet away and everything works fine then, but Im not in a good position to play..

bah!

I fiddled around with everything and it seems to be working again..

Im having problems with my remote up close to the sensor bar. I play pretty close to the tv since I dont have a lot of room, and its been no problem til today. The sensor bar wont pick up anything unless its a good couple feet away and everything works fine then, but Im not in a good position to play..

bah!

I fiddled around with everything and it seems to be working again..

My buddy has the opposite problem with his Wii. The range is ridiculously short for some reason, you have to be right in front of the sensor bar and really close. Has anyone else seen this or know how to fix it? We tried re-syncing the remotes and we have the same problem when I bring my Wiimotes over to use as well.

Has Link ever used a crossbow? Bow and Arrow yes...but a crossbow?

....smart ass. :D

I know it came off that way, but they are quite different weapons.

I know, I know. I just had a chance to call you a Smart ass...so I took it.

On a serious note, I don't get why the crossbow is such a popular weapon in fantasy/horror, whether it's movies or games. The firing mechanisms are prone to failure, they take a bitch of a time to reload, and the range ultimately isn't all that hot.

The advantages are a lot of power for a short-range weapon, You can have it aimed and ready to go without expending strength, and it doesn't require a lot of strength to wield. However, a longbow has better overall range, accuracy, and obviously doesn't have the reload issues. A pro archer can fire off 20 arrows a minute with a longbow.

I blame crappy vampire movies. You almost always see somebody with a crossbow in there.

Of course, it's a lot more similar to a modern gun--which is the reason why it isn't a stretch to be controlled by the Wii Zapper.

On a serious note, I don't get why the crossbow is such a popular weapon in fantasy/horror, whether it's movies or games. The firing mechanisms are prone to failure, they take a bitch of a time to reload, and the range ultimately isn't all that hot.

The advantages are a lot of power for a short-range weapon, You can have it aimed and ready to go without expending strength, and it doesn't require a lot of strength to wield. However, a longbow has better overall range, accuracy, and obviously doesn't have the reload issues. A pro archer can fire off 20 arrows a minute with a longbow.

I blame crappy vampire movies. You almost always see somebody with a crossbow in there.

Of course, it's a lot more similar to a modern gun--which is the reason why it isn't a stretch to be controlled by the Wii Zapper.

Your using logic when it comes to videogames and movies (I almost typed wrestling), if a game/film maker can get around using logic, he or she most likely will. Besides everyone loves them a crossbow.

Your using logic when it comes to videogames and movies (I almost typed wrestling), if a game/film maker can get around using logic, he or she most likely will. Besides everyone loves them a crossbow.

Wrestling goes out of its way to avoid logic. Like WWE's booking decisions.

In the case of video games and bad movies, "it looks cool" justifies a lot of really stupid stuff.

Wrestling goes out of its way to avoid logic. Like WWE's booking decisions.

In the case of video games and bad movies, "it looks cool" justifies a lot of really stupid stuff.

and you are correct sir, a lot of cool stupid stuff.

It appears that the Neo Geo games that were scheduled for release on Japan's VC have been delayed, which would explain why we haven't seen them in the US or in PAL regions.

Edit: SNK just put out an official press release. The first three games are Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, and World Heroes. 900 Points for each is confirmed.