TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Unforgiven Thread - September/17th/2006.

Haven't been keeping up with what's being said here tonight, but this has been a pretty decent PPV. I'm surprised at how good the matches have been. This has been a very enjoyable PPV. If only WWE can do this more ofter from Raw to SmackDown to ECW to PPVs.

Waw that was bad ass, Cena took that like a champ. This match has been really fun to watch.

HOLY SHIT!!! That was a sweet ass spot, F-U through two tables off the top of the ladder!

This will sound very picky, but I've got to ask. Why didn't they show a single reaction shot of Teddy Long after Cena won the match? The main story of this entire thing was built up around him and Smackdown.

Anyway, I enjoyed the match, and the PPV overall. Had I paid for it I don't think I would feel like I got all the bang for my buck, but it was worth every penny of the $2.xx I did give to be able to watch the stream. :)

Great finishing spot. Cena turned some of the crowd by the end of the match which was good work by him but I'm sure it will only spur WWE on to keep pushing him down our throats. Disappointing that Edge didn't retain but at least he looked strong as fuck and not just Cena's bitch.

The fans were still against Cena at the end. People were tossing drinks at him (I believe one hit him in the back of the head), and people were flipping him off as he walked away. If anything, they got more silent since they were just so let down at the finish. They were wanting Edge to take this one, in a big, big, way.

Didn't Ken Kennedy say that if Cena won, then he'd try to move over to RAW in order to take Cena on anyway?

That was just setting up Kennedy vs Undertaker at No Mercy.

WOW.

1. Edge took the most dangerous bump in TLC history

2. Cena turned the crowd in his favor

Yeah right1 If you mean getting the middle finger from 16,000 ppl and getting drinks trown on you turning the crowd in your favor....then i guess........NOT

Great finishing spot. Cena turned most of the crowd by the end of the match which was good work but I'm sure it will only spur WWE on to keep pushing him down our throats. Disappointing that Edge didn't retain but at least he looked strong as fuck and not just Cena's bitch.

What are you ppl watching??

The crowd was pissed off that Edge lost but they definately weren't booing every offensive move he did by the end of the match. Hence, he turned some of them. Not all of them but some.

This will sound very picky, but I've got to ask. Why didn't they show a single reaction shot of Teddy Long after Cena won the match? The main story of this entire thing was built up around him and Smackdown.

Anyway, I enjoyed the match, and the PPV overall. Had I paid for it I don't think I would feel like I got all the bang for my buck, but it was worth every penny of the $2.xx I did give to be able to watch the stream. :)

alright.. I am VERY interested in this magical 2.xx stream website, so gimme a helping hand Downhome!!

the rumored fall/winter title program is Cena v Umaga. My guess is that Edge and Orton feud with DX (Meltz theorized this yesterday and it makes sense)

Why does Edge/Orton vs. DX make sense? Orton has not shown any sort of hatred of HHH for well over a year, and they have not had much interaction toward each other at all. Edge now, presumably, has a rematch clause that will come into play sometime (with him losing, no doubt), but then what would spur him to just randomly go after DX? The only way it could work would be maybe...MAYBE...Vince telling Edge that if he takes out DX he gets another title shot, but even that is contrived and annoying and would just further push McMahon down our throats and turn Edge into another McMahon flunkie for no reason.

Just look at the roster...DX really has nobody to feud with EXCEPT Vince. It's horrible. I doubt the Orton/Carlito story is over yet, especially since the match ended fairly out of nowhere. Same apparently goes for Umaga/Kane. I would love to Kane to get another title run down the line for a month or two if he sticks around.

They seem to want to do Umaga/Cena, but the big fake somoan just isn't ready. Maybe if he had a dominating IC title run of about a year, then it might make sense, but he's too much of a semi-joke mid-card terror right now. If he became more of a serious threat and maybe did some longer matches and showed much better workrate (which apparently Jamal might be a bit more capable of), then eventually give him the title and have Kane beat him for it. I would probably have Umaga lose the IC title before getting the world one, though, just to show that he is capable of being beaten. As much as I have always enjoyed Kane, he isn't exactly one to end an undefeated streak unless he too was built up as some crazy monster like he used to be. (Hell, they could probably do that in the same year Mr. Umaga holds the IC title)

And you might say "a whole year? nobody holds titles that long anymore, especially the IC" ...well I would think it might help bring some credibility to not only the belt, but to the champ as well, something he seriously lacks regardless of whether he has beat Flair, HHH, and Cena.

Cena's the champ again? That sucks, so I'm guessing the whole Edge vs Cena thing is going to keep going until after S.S.. Cena vs Umaga wouldn't make much sense, if Edge didn't get his rematch.