TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kobe24KGold

Super Duper Major Announcement at No Surrender

I have no problem with Russo as long as he stays the fuck off TV.

Completely agree, he sucks as an on screen character. That's why I think people hate him. If he would of kept himself off tv, he would not be the most hated man in wrestling. Kevin Sullivan post wrestling career(the real reason why WCW writing suck) pretty much escape the wrath of the internet by doing the opposite.

Sullivan's hated for what happened with Benoit. In reality, As long as Russo doesn't put Religion in TNA or show up on camera, I don't care. WWE will still be better but i will watch.

No announcement can match the amount of hype they are trying to build.

It won't live up to the hype just like Snakes on Plane. TNA will get its core audience +/- a small percentage of the internet fans who are feeding this frenzy.

I'm listening to a two hour interview with Vince Russo that PWInsider posted on their site recently, a "classic" interview from January of 2006, and some of the stuff he says makes me look forward to having him in TNA, and some of the stuff he says just pisses me off and really makes me feel like a total fool for looking forward to him coming in at all. Here are just a couple of pros and cons from the interview:

PROs:

-He wants to give all of the guys on TV storylines, instead of just putting them on TV to wrestle.

-He thinks that guys like AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, and all of those guys can really be major players, but they all need storylines. They all need major character development and time to grow.

CONS:

-Like we've all heard before, he looks at all title belts as nothing but props. To him title wins are pointless and they don't mean anything, and never have and never will. He says that he's never seen anyone ever win a title, since all wrestling is fake. That is how he takes up for putting the WCW CW title on Madusa and Ed Ferarra and the WCW World Title on David Arquette.

-He doesn't like foreign talent who can't speak English at all. He doesn't believe that they can ever get over because even if they are the best in the world in the ring, they are missing that "other half", being able to speak English, and to connect with the fans on that level.

And from all of that, we go back to other obvious facts. He might believe everyone needs an angle, but we've seen what he did with AJ in the past, etc. I'm willing to give him a shot, and I'm sure we'll all know what has "Russo" all over it. Eh, if nothing else, at least we know it'll mix things up.

I don't think he's booked anywhere other than Ring of Glory since he got saved, so who knows what type of material he'll write now? If nothing else, to me that'll be one of the most interesting things to look forward to seeing at this point.

I'm listening to a two hour interview with Vince Russo that PWInsider posted on their site recently, a "classic" interview from January of 2006, and some of the stuff he says makes me look forward to having him in TNA, and some of the stuff he says just pisses me off and really makes me feel like a total fool for looking forward to him coming in at all.Here are just a couple of pros and cons from the interview:

Do you have a link to that? Or do you have to pay to listen?

Guest Connzilla

credit- http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=848

- In what could be the biggest news of the day, TNA Management Director Jim Cornette revealed in the morning production meeting “the major announcement will be delivered by a wrestler not scheduled to be on the broadcast tonight”. Obviously, this has led to huge speculation among TNA staff and stars! Cornette has promised to formally address the “major announcement” tonight during the Pay-Per-View.

- Eric Young has been an emotional mess all day, as the TNA star has been telling friends backstage he believes the major announcement is his own firing!

I am guessing Sting is going to deliver the major annoucement

That damn Eric Young, that whole angle is fucking funny I hope he comes down to the ring when Sting is making the announcement gets down on his knees and brags Sting not to fire him

Guest nokia

I found this at Rajah.com

In what could be the biggest news of the day, Jim Cornette revealed in the morning production meeting the Major Announcement will be delivered by a wrestler not scheduled to be on the broadcast tonight”. Obviously, this has led to huge speculation among TNA staff and stars.

- Jim Cornette has promised to formally address the “Major Announcement” tonight during the Pay-Per-View

Nope, I never bothered to listen to his interviews before, but I'll search them out online now.

Don't bother. He's in pure work mode all the time.

It is largely expected the new Spike TV time slot will be announced, as well as the addition of some special programs on the network similar to Ultimate Fight Night or the old Clash of the Champions. The story that they were making everyone who does know the new time slot or if there is another surprise, sign confidentiality agreements to not say anything until it's announced is true. We don't know that is the big announcement or if it's the only big announcement, but that is what has largely been talked about. We've heard the show would be on Monday, Wednesday or Thursday, so as you can tell, we've really narrowed it down. From all accounts it will be an earlier time slot and be in genuine prime time.

From Meltzer.

Nope, I never bothered to listen to his interviews before, but I'll search them out online now. :)

If you have links for those, post away.

http://z02.zupload.com/download.php?file=g...p;filepath=1912 Russo's RF Shoot

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7YV4OIXC Russo and Ferrera in Ultimate Insiders with Wade Keller

And you can get the wrestlecrap interview from wrestlecrap's site http://www.wrestlecrap.com/wrestlecrapradio.html

Don't bother. He's in pure work mode all the time.

How is he in work mode?

TNA is teasing that the big announcement on tonight's show will be delivered by a wrestler who is not on the show. I guess the tease is to make you think a new star coming in. The only thing I'm told is there is a debate whether people will give it a thumbs up or thumbs down and if it will live up to the hype. I'm also told the appearance of whomever this person is will be the final thing on the show.

From Meltzer.

Hey, HTQ. When is the last time a mainstream wrestling promotion hyped something this much (in terms of "surprise") and managed to pay it off? In all honestly, aside from BATB '96...I can't think of many.

Hey, HTQ. When is the last time a mainstream wrestling promotion hyped something this much (in terms of "surprise") and managed to pay it off? In all honestly, aside from BATB '96...I can't think of many.

I wouldn't put BATB in this category, simply because they never really went overboard with the hype, and it was the standard "Who will it be?" type stuff you get in wrestling all the time. The mega buzz it generated was really only with insider fans, and that was only down to the fact that it almost came down to the wire as to who the third guy was going to be.

I wouldn't put BATB in this category, simply because they never really went overboard with the hype, and it was the standard "Who will it be?" type stuff you get in wrestling all the time. The mega buzz it generated was really only with insider fans, and that was only down to the fact that it almost came down to the wire as to who the third guy was going to be.

Well, TNA only hype this on the internet as well. The major buzz is only with the insider fans. Non insider fans don't have any idea.

Guest sarcy

Russo? There goes AMW. :(

I just hope the announcement has something to do with.. I don't know.. Something that the WWE isn't doing? Maybe giving a damn about the smaller wrestlers could be a start. Then again, only person yet to be brought back from WCW via TNA is...

:huh:

At this point I dont know what to think of it all, but I have to admit there is some really tremendous internet buzz about tonight and I am definately looking forward to the ppv tonight. There is alot riding on tonight though, from the booking of the ppv to these announcements/changes.

I am really having a feeling Angle is showing up tonight, or Brock. Goldberg is probably not a possibility with the Russo factor back in tact but stranger things have happened, I suppose.

Guest East.Coast.J

My gut is telling me Brock Lesnar right now big time. There was apparently something filmed in a wearhouse earlier this week where a ring was set up and jobbers were brought in and all asked to sign confidentiality agreements. I could see Brock Lesnar tossing them around left and right to set up a return.

Maybe it will be Bischoff too if some people are wondering whether or not it will live up to the hype, which I think Lesnar probably would.