TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kobe24KGold

Super Duper Major Announcement at No Surrender

Guest Kobe24KGold
From Da Meltz:

--Whether this will be announced on Sunday I don't know for sure, but within TNA the talk is they will have a new time slot starting soon, likely but not definitely on a different night of the week 8 p.m.-9 p.m. was talked about, but there were several different possibilities both sides were talking about including the possibility of a two hour show. There have been talks for months in this direction.

I think Meltzer is being shut out of this one. He even thought Russo was the big surprise.

From Da Meltz:

--Whether this will be announced on Sunday I don't know for sure, but within TNA the talk is they will have a new time slot starting soon, likely but not definitely on a different night of the week 8 p.m.-9 p.m. was talked about, but there were several different possibilities both sides were talking about including the possibility of a two hour show. There have been talks for months in this direction.

I think Meltzer is being shut out of this one. He even thought Russo was the big surprise.

Meltzer only knows as much as D'Amore and Tenay know, and now they're out of the loop big-time.

Guest stringerbell
Wade Keller said that he expects Vince Russo to lobby for Sting to put over Christian and Joe before his contract is up.

The UX Match seems to have started getting top billing as the main event for No Surrender over Joe/Jarrett. Not sure if it's because of Russo, but either way, Keller feels it deserves top billing because most people are smart enough to tell that Joe/Jarrett is a transitional match at best, whereas the UX match is a true title match.

Keller reports that Russo has a plan for Samoa Joe. The feeling is that Joe will be an even hotter commodity within the next four to six weeks. It's also said that Russo is under no obligation to push Jeff Jarrett, and that Dixie knows Jarrett on top has not been working. Russo is free to repackage Jarrett to make him interesting, but it is not Russo's job to push Jarrett. Keller speculates that if he does this, even if he does a bad job, Russo will become a hero because somebody other than Jarrett will be featured.

credit: PWTorch Audio Report

Wade Keller said that he expects Vince Russo to lobby for Sting to put over Christian and Joe before his contract is up.

It'll mean more of Sting puts over one person instead of two, and if it is just on person he puts over it should be Joe.

The UX Match seems to have started getting top billing as the main event for No Surrender over Joe/Jarrett. Not sure if it's because of Russo, but either way, Keller feels it deserves top billing because most people are smart enough to tell that Joe/Jarrett is a transitional match at best, whereas the UX match is a true title match.

I agree with this. UX is likely to tear the house down and there is no way for Joe vs. Jarrett to follow it.

Keller reports that Russo has a plan for Samoa Joe. The feeling is that Joe will be an even hotter commodity within the next four to six weeks. It's also said that Russo is under no obligation to push Jeff Jarrett, and that Dixie knows Jarrett on top has not been working. Russo is free to repackage Jarrett to make him interesting, but it is not Russo's job to push Jarrett. Keller speculates that if he does this, even if he does a bad job, Russo will become a hero because somebody other than Jarrett will be featured.

As long as the plan is Joe being kept strong, no losses for no reason purely to surprise, and Joe ending up as NWA Champion, then I won't mind. Getting Joe hotter is a good idea, because he lost some steam over the summer, and priority one should be to get him hot again. If Russo can make Jarrett interesting, that would almost be a miracle, but then again Russo has been the only guy who was able to find a way to get Jarrett over, even if it was the cheap heat of hitting women with guitars.

The thing I don't understand is that TNA has Jim Cornette, Scott D'more, Mike Tenay, and so many others who can actually book a promotion properly but TNA goes back to Dutch Mantel and Vince Russo and please correct me if I'm wrong but didn't a lot of you not like Mantel's booking when he was head booker for TNA a little while ago?

Are you on crack? Mike Tenay can book a promotion properly? Tenay and D'Amore have been booking for the past year and for the most part put out utter crap that's only been able to break the 1.0 barrier a handfull of times.

Guest Connzilla

I am going out on limb here and saying that they some how got Chris Benoit, highly unlikly.

I am going out on limb here and saying that they some how got Chris Benoit, highly unlikly.

The same Benoit who just signed a virtual limetime contract witb WWE and is already scheduled for the upcoming international tours?

The thing I don't understand is that TNA has Jim Cornette, Scott D'more, Mike Tenay, and so many others who can actually book a promotion properly but TNA goes back to Dutch Mantel and Vince Russo and please correct me if I'm wrong but didn't a lot of you not like Mantel's booking when he was head booker for TNA a little while ago?

Are you on crack? Mike Tenay can book a promotion properly? Tenay and D'Amore have been booking for the past year and for the most part put out utter crap that's only been able to break the 1.0 barrier a handfull of times.

Has have you also noticed the time slot TNA has been for the past year? For that timeslot, thats pretty damn good of a rating to have. I've enjoyed TNA's product since they've been on Spike and I think both of them have handled the booking since then. If you honestly think Vince Russo and Dutch Mantel can do a better job, ok thats your opinion but I honestly belive that those two can't and thats my own opinion.

Guest Connzilla

The same Benoit who just signed a virtual limetime contract witb WWE and is already scheduled for the upcoming international tours?

Did not know that

I'm guessing it's either a better time slot, Kurt Angle, or Goldberg.

If it's Angle, as much as I'd hate to see him go to TNA and get even more fucked up but apparently he is going to MMA, I'd fucking shit my pants.

What about rehashing Bash at the Beach 2000?

How so? Who plays Hogan? Jarrett?

What about rehashing Bash at the Beach 2000?

How so? Who plays Hogan? Jarrett?

Jarrett gets the memorial NWA World Title and Ron Killings beats Jarret for the TNA World Title.

Who would want a Monday night slot for TNA. The WWE is terrible but it would crush this in the ratings.

I will be happy if the big announcement is a 2 hour show, cause they need it. Too much stuff is crammed into one hour every week.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

WWE would crush an already 0.7 rating? If anything, the rating might just go up.

Has have you also noticed the time slot TNA has been for the past year? For that timeslot, thats pretty damn good of a rating to have. I've enjoyed TNA's product since they've been on Spike and I think both of them have handled the booking since then. If you honestly think Vince Russo and Dutch Mantel can do a better job, ok thats your opinion but I honestly belive that those two can't and thats my own opinion.

TNA's timeslot is not the greatest but it could definitly do better than what it has been doing. You think Tenay/D'amore are good but thats obviously your opinion on not the majority. The bottom line is the product is stale, dull, boring, and predictable and that lies on the shoulders of Tenay, D'Amore, etc. Its funny because in that shoot interview with Russo/Tenay in 2003 Russo said that if Tenay would be booking TNA's show nobody would watch and it was true. They've booked mostly crap for a year and no one cared. It's the same exact show every week and it's definitly time for a change.

What's funny is that Dixie Carter supposedly knows that Jeff Jarrett isn't working on top, and yet Jeff retains booking power. Jeff was the one making the final call on everything, so if things need to get changed creatively, why not change the guy who makes the final call as well as changing the people doing the rest of booking? Then again, they did keep the pro-Jarrett people from the old committee around and bring in a guy who always pushes Jeff hard, so it's really just a new wrapping for the same stale package.

On the bright said, Meltzer says there are other announcements, so we might get more than just Russo and a potential change of timeslot.

VINCE RUSSO

Just thought I'd mention that I had the 'pleasure' of breaking the

news about Russo to AJ Styles yesterday. He was totally shocked. He

said there was no way that was true and I pointed out that you broke

the news, so he seemed to accept that it was true. He said he would

be very surprised, but that he thought it was positive. he said

"Vince is my boy". So, some ppl on the crew will be happy obviously.

Andrew Shallcross

Note to TNA: If you want me to watch again, then don't bring back Vince Russo. I don't want to see WCW. If you want a booker and head of creative to improve ratings, then have you considered ROH's Gabe Sapolsky? He has had the best matches, most intrigue, and great storylines of the past few years. Hire him. I want more Samoa Joe not Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Nash, and Lex Luger. Enough TNA. You are blowing your opportunity here.

J. Alan Greg

Wausau

Dave please tell me Dixie Carter, Bob Carter and Jeff Jarrett are not stupid enough to re-hire Vince freakin' Russo?! Does no one in that company have the balls to tell Jeff or Dixie to their face that this is the dumbest move possible?

David Zimmerman

DM: Time will tell about the intelligence of the decision, but as far as people not having the balls to tell Jeff, at least one person on Thursday echoed your sentiment to him.

Not sure if you're publishing feedback on the "big news" but here's some thoughts:

...I'll start out with the glass half-full here, particularly because this means D'Amore and Tenay (and probably Borash) are off the booking committee. No offense, but they're on-screen talent, and shouldn't have too much say. Yes, that begs the question about JJ but he's also an owner, so it's a bit hard to think he'll ever take himself off of the committee, nor would I say it's a given he should. He and Russo have a personal history, so that will be an interesting dynamic (and there are a number of ways to write Russo into the Jarrett/Cornette storyline if Vince is put on TV -- just keep him away from towering over AJ Styles), and let's be honest: a three-man committee in THEORY should be a lot more effective than a five-man one.

Where was Russo most effective? In the WWF when he had one person to answer to/one person who was his editor and filter: Vince McMahon. Who will he be answering to at TNA? Yep, the more conservative booker named Jeff Jarrett who most likely means it when he says he won't put up with smutty writing.

In fact, I'm VERY interested in where this ends up. Who knows, maybe Dixie DOES think this is huge; or better for TNA, maybe Spike (the company that pays part of Sting's salary and wants Nash to stay on board for 'star power') does as well. While it would have been pretty cool if the "big announcement" on Sunday was instead a Monday 8-9pm timeslot to be added to the schedule along with the Thursday 11-12 show, maybe in an odd way this can lead to that.

I mean, did anyone really think Goldberg, The Rock or Jericho would be riding in to save the day? I think there's more of a chance Bischoff signs with TNA than either of those big free agents coming aboard.

--

matthew michaels

DM: Smutty isn't an issue here. Russo doesn't want to that stuff anymore, and even if he did, he's not allowed to do it because the deal with using a children's theme park as a location included promises of nothing smutty. Although having people poke holes all over their body with thumb tacks is okay.

Vince Russo is TNA's big announcement? Boy, when you were concerned about

them overselling themselves you weren't hallucinating. What are they going

to announce next, that Terry Funk's coming out of retirement? Why did they

have to warn Russo off the smut? Isn't he a born-again Christian now?

Though if they're bringing back Russo out of panic over rapidly declining

ratings, I'm hoping that turns into an epidemic, with Vince (McMahon), out

of a panic over declining ECW ratings, bringing back Heyman as booker

instead of evil clown.

Steven Grant

Henderson NV

DM: There are a few announcements scheduled .

Dave,

Please tell me that you didn't write that Russo is coming back to TNA.

It's just a really, really cruel joke that you're pulling on

everyone. It has to be.

Right?

Well, at least RoH will be around next year.

Matt Jones

Please tell me this is some kind of incorrectly timed April Fool's Joke. Is Dixie Carter really gullible, or stupid, enough to believe that the solution to TNA's problems is to bring in Vince Russo to be the head of creative, while still keeping Jeff Jarrett on the creative team as well? Is she not aware that the ratings are down 20% ever since the episode where Jarrett was given the title belt?

Also, if Russo's signing the "big announcement" is going to be made on the air during the PPV on Sunday night, does that mean that he's going to be an on-air character of some kind in TNA? If he is and if it's anything like this previous on-air characters, where the whole damn promotion revolves around him (see the first year of TNA's existence), I would have to strongly consider the option of no longer watching TNA, which would be sad because at that point ROH would be all that I would have left as a pro wrestling fan.

How did this happen? Was Dixie Carter competent enough to know that "TNA needed change of some kind," but incompetent enough to be conned into thinking that Vince Russo and Jeff Jarrett are something other than the opposite of the kinds of changes that TNA needs?

Sincerely,

Ivan Trembow

DM: No. Yes. No. I don't know. I don't think so. They panicked. No.

It's a shame too - the undercard was really starting to come together.

T-minus 6 weeks til Jarrett ends Joe's streak - or something equally

stupid.

Chris Cassidy

DM: Joe will be just fine. I think.

Dave, is there any chance they will ever go to a 2 hour show, I am a TNA fan and have watched it from the start, this Vince Russo, deal is a major concern,

I think they need the 2 hour show before they do any sort of personnel shakeup like That!

Sincerely,

John Sproat

DM: They've been negotiating a two hour time slot for months. The recent ratings decline can't have helped things, but we should know on Sunday.

Dear Dave,

I just heard the news of Vince Russo coming back to co-book TNA, and here are my thoughts right now:

1. I'm betting that Jim Cornette's thrilled over hearing that announcement.

2. Based on Russo's roller-coaster relationship with the promotion, you wonder how desperate TNA have to be in order to give him another look.

3. This has got to be a real test for Russo since he's now in this FORGIVEN identity as a Born-Again Christian, depending on whether he's been working us all this time. Maybe instead of a "no sleaze" policy, they should also add a "no illogical booking' policy as well.

All those thoughts aside, I guess I(nor any other pro wrestling/TNA fans) really don't know what to expect once they give Russo that pencil. Will it finally be something different or the same thing we had to experience when he was in WWF and WCW. Looks like time will tell.

Thank you for your time,

Joel Spencer "J.S." Horn

DM: 1. Being that you are facetious, your instincts are correct. 2. Obviously very. 3. No sleaze will be allowed. No illogical booking may be difficult. 4. It will be different from WWF because he's a different person, I think. It will hopefully be different from WCW if he learned anything from his mistakes, which is a big if. Hopefully different is better and not worse.

Well, there goes any chance TNA had of making it. You knew he'd always be back, didn't you? I'll miss Cornette. And I'll miss TNA, too. The golden rule of professional wrestling: No one ever learns a God damn thing.

Jeff Gagliardo

DM: The golden rule of wrestling is those who constantly learn are forced to watch the product of people who never do.

Thanks for warning us about Russo. You just saved me $40

I was hoping for a major signing or a better TV slot.

I won't pay for Russo and finding out beforehand keeps the possibility open

that I'll order another

TNA PPV in the future. Had I ordered this Sunday and found out Russo was the

big announcement, I would

have never ordered again.

Nick Lanaro

Dave, I'm shocked TNA would bring in Russo and this better not be the big announcement TNA said was coming. I haven't missed an episode of Impact! and I am not looking forward to watching tonight. Nothing's broke here and he certainly can't fix anything.

Matt Burrows

DM: There are other announcements.

Vince Russo back in TNA????? Well the doors will be closing sooner than I thought. Wonder what Cornette is thinking right now??

Mike Malasev

I am done with TNA. For the last two years, I have watched (or tivo'ed) every one of their tv shows and have ordered about half of their PPVs. But I don't think I will be watching anymore. Six years ago, Vince Russo took the ailing WCW, a promotion that I loved in spite of its numerous flaws, and drove it into the ground. Four years ago, he nearly killed TNA. And now the Carters bring him back?

I will assume that Russo's spiritual conversion is legitimate and that his TNA will not degenerate into the sleaze and tastelessness of his booking past. But Russo's appearance on RD Reynolds' Wrestlecrap Radio convinced me that his booking philosophy and writing style remain unchanged. The "writer" Vince Russo creates half-baked storylines that defy logic or reason and his characters/wrestlers display a total absence of character development. The "crash tv" mentality that Russo has always displayed may have shaken up a business in a rut, but the lack of coherence in his booking plans (and of self-discipline to carry them out at a deliberate pace) has made his programs almost unwatchable.

I stuck with WCW until the bitter end. I gave up on WWE after the invasion failed and Rock/Austin left. Today I am giving up on TNA.

Kenny Peskin

WO & FFW subscriber

Every second I even think about watching something he booked is agony.

What the fuck are they thinking doing this and, perhaps even more

idiotically if that's possible, announcing it as if people will give a

shit.

I usually don't like to jot you random, pointless emails (at least not

too many) but this is insane.

George Maranville

Hi Dave,

I am absolutely stunned that TNA is bringing in Vince " The Kiss Of Death" Russo. This will drive them right into oblivion. Just how insane are they? This is the equivalent of a best wrestler poll that includes Danny Hodge and Hodge not winning...oh.

I'm finished watching TNA as long as Russo is involved. What a suicidal move for TNA. At this point, they deserve to fail for this boneheaded move. Where's Jack Pfefer when you need him?

Tom Hankins

No- tell me you're f'n kidding

If he starts talking about how he "worked for the WWF we had huge spikes in ratings, the highest in wrestling history,I made the Rock what he is ,I made Stone Cold what he is"

oh man

groan they've made there own bed- maybe the CONDOM headed wrestlers will be coming back huh?

Josh Schultz

- Chicago

TNA

Hi Dave,

Has it been lost on Dixie Carter and Spike TV that Impact’s ratings decline directly coincides with Jeff Jarrett becoming the solitary focal point of the entire show? The ratings peaked at a 1.1 for the aftermath of the Slammiversary PPV, when the NWA title match outcome was unclear. The rating stayed at a 1.1 the next week for Jim Cornette’s decision to give the title to Jarrett. Since then, Impact has revolved around Jarrett. Christian, Sting, Samoa Joe, and just about everyone else in the promotion have regressed into mere supporting cast members. Not coincidentally, the ratings have collapsed. They are down to a 0.7 rating and Spike TV management has to be cold on giving TNA a second hour. Do you think that 2 and 2 will be put together by Spike and Panda, forcing Jarrett to cede his main event position for the welfare of TNA? Or will he pull the wool over the collective eyes of management and continue to reign over a sinking ship? (I can see Jarrett using the “I Hate Jarrett” tapes to justify his position, even though his heat is obviously of the “go away” variety and does not translate into ratings or PPV buys).

Matt Jordan

VINCE RUSSO

Just thought I'd mention that I had the 'pleasure' of breaking the

news about Russo to AJ Styles yesterday. He was totally shocked. He

said there was no way that was true and I pointed out that you broke

the news, so he seemed to accept that it was true. He said he would

be very surprised, but that he thought it was positive. he said

"Vince is my boy". So, some ppl on the crew will be happy obviously.

Andrew Shallcross

Note to TNA: If you want me to watch again, then don't bring back Vince Russo. I don't want to see WCW. If you want a booker and head of creative to improve ratings, then have you considered ROH's Gabe Sapolsky? He has had the best matches, most intrigue, and great storylines of the past few years. Hire him. I want more Samoa Joe not Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Nash, and Lex Luger. Enough TNA. You are blowing your opportunity here.

J. Alan Greg

Wausau

Dave please tell me Dixie Carter, Bob Carter and Jeff Jarrett are not stupid enough to re-hire Vince freakin' Russo?! Does no one in that company have the balls to tell Jeff or Dixie to their face that this is the dumbest move possible?

David Zimmerman

DM: Time will tell about the intelligence of the decision, but as far as people not having the balls to tell Jeff, at least one person on Thursday echoed your sentiment to him.

Not sure if you're publishing feedback on the "big news" but here's some thoughts:

...I'll start out with the glass half-full here, particularly because this means D'Amore and Tenay (and probably Borash) are off the booking committee. No offense, but they're on-screen talent, and shouldn't have too much say. Yes, that begs the question about JJ but he's also an owner, so it's a bit hard to think he'll ever take himself off of the committee, nor would I say it's a given he should. He and Russo have a personal history, so that will be an interesting dynamic (and there are a number of ways to write Russo into the Jarrett/Cornette storyline if Vince is put on TV -- just keep him away from towering over AJ Styles), and let's be honest: a three-man committee in THEORY should be a lot more effective than a five-man one.

Where was Russo most effective? In the WWF when he had one person to answer to/one person who was his editor and filter: Vince McMahon. Who will he be answering to at TNA? Yep, the more conservative booker named Jeff Jarrett who most likely means it when he says he won't put up with smutty writing.

In fact, I'm VERY interested in where this ends up. Who knows, maybe Dixie DOES think this is huge; or better for TNA, maybe Spike (the company that pays part of Sting's salary and wants Nash to stay on board for 'star power') does as well. While it would have been pretty cool if the "big announcement" on Sunday was instead a Monday 8-9pm timeslot to be added to the schedule along with the Thursday 11-12 show, maybe in an odd way this can lead to that.

I mean, did anyone really think Goldberg, The Rock or Jericho would be riding in to save the day? I think there's more of a chance Bischoff signs with TNA than either of those big free agents coming aboard.

--

matthew michaels

DM: Smutty isn't an issue here. Russo doesn't want to that stuff anymore, and even if he did, he's not allowed to do it because the deal with using a children's theme park as a location included promises of nothing smutty. Although having people poke holes all over their body with thumb tacks is okay.

Vince Russo is TNA's big announcement? Boy, when you were concerned about

them overselling themselves you weren't hallucinating. What are they going

to announce next, that Terry Funk's coming out of retirement? Why did they

have to warn Russo off the smut? Isn't he a born-again Christian now?

Though if they're bringing back Russo out of panic over rapidly declining

ratings, I'm hoping that turns into an epidemic, with Vince (McMahon), out

of a panic over declining ECW ratings, bringing back Heyman as booker

instead of evil clown.

Steven Grant

Henderson NV

DM: There are a few announcements scheduled .

Dave,

Please tell me that you didn't write that Russo is coming back to TNA.

It's just a really, really cruel joke that you're pulling on

everyone. It has to be.

Right?

Well, at least RoH will be around next year.

Matt Jones

Please tell me this is some kind of incorrectly timed April Fool's Joke. Is Dixie Carter really gullible, or stupid, enough to believe that the solution to TNA's problems is to bring in Vince Russo to be the head of creative, while still keeping Jeff Jarrett on the creative team as well? Is she not aware that the ratings are down 20% ever since the episode where Jarrett was given the title belt?

Also, if Russo's signing the "big announcement" is going to be made on the air during the PPV on Sunday night, does that mean that he's going to be an on-air character of some kind in TNA? If he is and if it's anything like this previous on-air characters, where the whole damn promotion revolves around him (see the first year of TNA's existence), I would have to strongly consider the option of no longer watching TNA, which would be sad because at that point ROH would be all that I would have left as a pro wrestling fan.

How did this happen? Was Dixie Carter competent enough to know that "TNA needed change of some kind," but incompetent enough to be conned into thinking that Vince Russo and Jeff Jarrett are something other than the opposite of the kinds of changes that TNA needs?

Sincerely,

Ivan Trembow

DM: No. Yes. No. I don't know. I don't think so. They panicked. No.

It's a shame too - the undercard was really starting to come together.

T-minus 6 weeks til Jarrett ends Joe's streak - or something equally

stupid.

Chris Cassidy

DM: Joe will be just fine. I think.

Dave, is there any chance they will ever go to a 2 hour show, I am a TNA fan and have watched it from the start, this Vince Russo, deal is a major concern,

I think they need the 2 hour show before they do any sort of personnel shakeup like That!

Sincerely,

John Sproat

DM: They've been negotiating a two hour time slot for months. The recent ratings decline can't have helped things, but we should know on Sunday.

Dear Dave,

I just heard the news of Vince Russo coming back to co-book TNA, and here are my thoughts right now:

1. I'm betting that Jim Cornette's thrilled over hearing that announcement.

2. Based on Russo's roller-coaster relationship with the promotion, you wonder how desperate TNA have to be in order to give him another look.

3. This has got to be a real test for Russo since he's now in this FORGIVEN identity as a Born-Again Christian, depending on whether he's been working us all this time. Maybe instead of a "no sleaze" policy, they should also add a "no illogical booking' policy as well.

All those thoughts aside, I guess I(nor any other pro wrestling/TNA fans) really don't know what to expect once they give Russo that pencil. Will it finally be something different or the same thing we had to experience when he was in WWF and WCW. Looks like time will tell.

Thank you for your time,

Joel Spencer "J.S." Horn

DM: 1. Being that you are facetious, your instincts are correct. 2. Obviously very. 3. No sleaze will be allowed. No illogical booking may be difficult. 4. It will be different from WWF because he's a different person, I think. It will hopefully be different from WCW if he learned anything from his mistakes, which is a big if. Hopefully different is better and not worse.

Well, there goes any chance TNA had of making it. You knew he'd always be back, didn't you? I'll miss Cornette. And I'll miss TNA, too. The golden rule of professional wrestling: No one ever learns a God damn thing.

Jeff Gagliardo

DM: The golden rule of wrestling is those who constantly learn are forced to watch the product of people who never do.

Thanks for warning us about Russo. You just saved me $40

I was hoping for a major signing or a better TV slot.

I won't pay for Russo and finding out beforehand keeps the possibility open

that I'll order another

TNA PPV in the future. Had I ordered this Sunday and found out Russo was the

big announcement, I would

have never ordered again.

Nick Lanaro

Dave, I'm shocked TNA would bring in Russo and this better not be the big announcement TNA said was coming. I haven't missed an episode of Impact! and I am not looking forward to watching tonight. Nothing's broke here and he certainly can't fix anything.

Matt Burrows

DM: There are other announcements.

Vince Russo back in TNA????? Well the doors will be closing sooner than I thought. Wonder what Cornette is thinking right now??

Mike Malasev

I am done with TNA. For the last two years, I have watched (or tivo'ed) every one of their tv shows and have ordered about half of their PPVs. But I don't think I will be watching anymore. Six years ago, Vince Russo took the ailing WCW, a promotion that I loved in spite of its numerous flaws, and drove it into the ground. Four years ago, he nearly killed TNA. And now the Carters bring him back?

I will assume that Russo's spiritual conversion is legitimate and that his TNA will not degenerate into the sleaze and tastelessness of his booking past. But Russo's appearance on RD Reynolds' Wrestlecrap Radio convinced me that his booking philosophy and writing style remain unchanged. The "writer" Vince Russo creates half-baked storylines that defy logic or reason and his characters/wrestlers display a total absence of character development. The "crash tv" mentality that Russo has always displayed may have shaken up a business in a rut, but the lack of coherence in his booking plans (and of self-discipline to carry them out at a deliberate pace) has made his programs almost unwatchable.

I stuck with WCW until the bitter end. I gave up on WWE after the invasion failed and Rock/Austin left. Today I am giving up on TNA.

Kenny Peskin

WO & FFW subscriber

Every second I even think about watching something he booked is agony.

What the fuck are they thinking doing this and, perhaps even more

idiotically if that's possible, announcing it as if people will give a

shit.

I usually don't like to jot you random, pointless emails (at least not

too many) but this is insane.

George Maranville

Hi Dave,

I am absolutely stunned that TNA is bringing in Vince " The Kiss Of Death" Russo. This will drive them right into oblivion. Just how insane are they? This is the equivalent of a best wrestler poll that includes Danny Hodge and Hodge not winning...oh.

I'm finished watching TNA as long as Russo is involved. What a suicidal move for TNA. At this point, they deserve to fail for this boneheaded move. Where's Jack Pfefer when you need him?

Tom Hankins

No- tell me you're f'n kidding

If he starts talking about how he "worked for the WWF we had huge spikes in ratings, the highest in wrestling history,I made the Rock what he is ,I made Stone Cold what he is"

oh man

groan they've made there own bed- maybe the CONDOM headed wrestlers will be coming back huh?

Josh Schultz

- Chicago

TNA

Hi Dave,

Has it been lost on Dixie Carter and Spike TV that Impact’s ratings decline directly coincides with Jeff Jarrett becoming the solitary focal point of the entire show? The ratings peaked at a 1.1 for the aftermath of the Slammiversary PPV, when the NWA title match outcome was unclear. The rating stayed at a 1.1 the next week for Jim Cornette’s decision to give the title to Jarrett. Since then, Impact has revolved around Jarrett. Christian, Sting, Samoa Joe, and just about everyone else in the promotion have regressed into mere supporting cast members. Not coincidentally, the ratings have collapsed. They are down to a 0.7 rating and Spike TV management has to be cold on giving TNA a second hour. Do you think that 2 and 2 will be put together by Spike and Panda, forcing Jarrett to cede his main event position for the welfare of TNA? Or will he pull the wool over the collective eyes of management and continue to reign over a sinking ship? (I can see Jarrett using the “I Hate Jarrett” tapes to justify his position, even though his heat is obviously of the “go away” variety and does not translate into ratings or PPV buys).

Matt Jordan

This is just sad, wrestling fans is getting worse by the year.

Guest stringerbell

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2...ws2.php?all=846

TNA Wrestling has been flooded with call and emails in recent days concerning the “major announcement” set to take place at No Surrender on Sunday night exclusively on Pay-Per-View. The speculation has also been the buzz all week at the TNA offices.

What we do know is that only a select few TNA employees know what the announcement is. In addition, those same people were asked to sign confidentiality agreements, forbidding them to talk about the matter entirely.

There is no clear consensus among TNA employees as to what the true nature of the major announcement could be. However, many are sharing the same guesses as fans across the internet in recent days.

It is also not known how the announcement will be made on Sunday night. Rumor has it only TNA President Dixie Carter (who will be in attendance) along with two members of upper management will know when the announcement will occur during the show

No announcement can match the amount of hype they are trying to build.

TNA is just playing off it.

THe original quote from TNAwrestling.com was your average hype machine just like you see in the WWE and other places in corporate America. When I first read about the announcement, I thought it was your average promoting tactic and nothing more. The insiders and fans on the internet however took this to another level. It went from being a small little quote to major news. Then news of Vince Russo came out and it took this thing to another level(which TNA leak on purpose). Now with this new response, they just playing off everybody emotions. TNA only release two quotes through their website. Nothing on tv or radio mention the announcement,if this was WWE it would in commercials,etc.