TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

TWiB 9/25 - 10/1

This has gotten relatively no publicity, but today is Tim Salmon's final game. He's sitting on 299 homers and they've been playing him each game lately, but he's running out of at-bats to pull it off.

If Detroit loses this game, the Yankees will sweep them and they have no one to blame but Leyland.

Guest Felonies!

Really! Niiiiice.

Okay, so John MacDonough is running the Cubs now, I guess. From what MacPhail said, the CEO of the Tribune told him to quit or be fired. Not surprising, because he kinda sucked at running the team. I'm guessing that Dusty Baker is almost certainly gone, and I wouldn't be surprised if Jim Hendry is out too.

Oh, and MacPhail is probably going to replace Selig when he retires.

Jesus tap dancing Christ. All the Tigers had to do was win one games againt the Royals so I wouldn't have to see the A's die in the Horrordome. Unfuckingbelievable. I'm still going to buy ALCS tickets tommorrw but I ain't going to hold my breath on using them.

Congrats to Detroit and their 19-31 finish to the year after starting 76-36. After you guys get swept just remember that no one had you doing well this year so you exceeded expectations. See you guys next year.

Guest Felonies!
As a White Sox fan, I'm glad to see the Tigers lose the division after having it all year. What an awesome game that was. Big up to the Royals.

So instead of finishing in third place behind the Tigers and Twins, you finish in third place behind the Twins and Tigers. DEMANDING A WINNER LOL2007

Guest Princess Leena

Yay, the Cubs finished in 6th by a game. Since it was so tight, does Dusty save his job.

Guest Felonies!

We'll know by tomorrow.

The case for: If we're going to get one year of McDonough and Hendry before a new CEO is named and the team is possibly sold, they might stick with Baker because there's no sense in hiring a guy for one year, or conversely, you won't have many skippers signing up to be a lame duck.

The case against: JESUS CHRIST JUST LOOK

Playoff Schedule through Friday

Tuesday, Oct. 3

ALDS Game 1: Oakland at Minnesota 1 p.m. ET (ESPN)

NLDS Game 1: St. Louis at San Diego 4 p.m. ET (ESPN)

ALDS Game 1: Detroit at NY Yankees, 8 p.m. ET (FOX)

Wednesday, Oct. 4

ALDS Game 2: Oakland at Minnesota 1 p.m. ET (ESPN)

NLDS Game 1: Los Angeles at NY Mets, 4 p.m. ET (ESPN)

ALDS Game 2: Detroit at NY Yankees, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN)

Thursday, Oct. 5

NLDS Game 2: St. Louis at San Diego 4 p.m. ET (ESPN)

NLDS Game 2: Los Angeles at NY Mets, 8 p.m. ET (FOX)

Friday, Oct. 6

ALDS Game 3: Minnesota at Oakland, 4 p.m. ET (ESPN)

ALDS Game 3: NY Yankees at Detroit 8 p.m. ET (ESPN)

The only place that Dusty Baker is going tomorrow is to Denny's for the Grand Slam Slugger breakfast before tucking himself in for a long winter's nap so he's refreshed and ready to lead the Cubs back to glory in 2007-to 5th place!!!!!

Guest Felonies!

The whole MacPhail/Hendry/Baker trifecta might be gone before spring training. I wouldn't be shocked.

Guest Princess Leena

Why doesn't MLB just ban all non-NY teams from the playoffs. Since we're not going to get to watch them anyway.

Guest Felonies!
The problem with cutting Baker is that you stand a great chance of Chicago pulling another blunder with whomever they hire as his replacement.

So there's a great chance that the manager will be shitty vs. a sure thing that the manager will be shitty. Might as well roll the dice on Joe Girardi, Fredi Gonzalez, or even Larry Bowa (!!!). Nobody wants Dusty Baker to stay. I don't think Dusty himself wants to stick around.