TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

TWiB 9/25 - 10/1

Yay. I see big things coming from Houston in 2007 with Roger Clemens' re-re-re-retirement parade.

*SQUAWK* I hate Roger Clemens and the Astros! *SQUAWK*

*SQUAWK* Polly want a cracker! *SQUAWK*

Seriously, is there any second verse to this song?

If the Cubs were smart, they'd take a shot on Astros' bench coach Cecil Cooper. Coop would whip 'em into shape. The 'Stros are like...10-0 in games managed by Cooper. And he's non-caucasian, so there wouldn't be scandal, but the Cubs aren't smart.

Guest Felonies!

Yay. I see big things coming from Houston in 2007 with Roger Clemens' re-re-re-retirement parade.

Who the fuck are you to complain about repitition? This douchebag has retired four years in a row!

Guest Princess Leena

Who could be the worst hire the Cubs could make. Because they're a ways behind the Knicks for dumbest sports franchise. How about John Kruk.

Yeah, I'll be sure to get to it in the playoffs.

Guest Felonies!

Excluding Dusty Baker, the worst choice would be Lou Piniella. Doesn't know what WHIP stands for. Can't work with young players. Has proven himself through color commentary to be a real toolbox.

As a White Sox fan, I'm glad to see the Tigers lose the division after having it all year. What an awesome game that was. Big up to the Royals.

So instead of finishing in third place behind the Tigers and Twins, you finish in third place behind the Twins and Tigers. DEMANDING A WINNER LOL2007

Yea I got over the third place finish a while ago. Toughest division in the MLB, what can you do? Still finished with 90 wins, the best team not to make the playoffs and better than every NL team not named the Mets.

Yeah, I'll be sure to get to it in the playoffs.

Wow! Witty! I bow down to your obvious mastery of the art of verbal repartee. Bravo.

You can tell whose teams made the playoffs and whose didn't here.

I resigned myself to the Astros not making the playoffs about 4 to 6 weeks ago. This past week and a half were just the typical Houston sports teams' "glimmer of hope before getting squashed". I'm just referring to naiwf's inability to provide anything besides a seemingly Pavlovian response whenever anyone says either "Roger Clemens" or "Houston Astros".

Wow, someone left the beloved Yankees. Shit happens, the world keeps on spinning. I'm not still bitching about Wagner trashing the Astros while still on the team before they shipped his dumb ass out of town.

"Boo hoo, he said he was going to retire!" Yeah, no one in sports ever rethinks retirement because they can't give up the spotlight.

I guess I'll just come in every day or so, post "I hate the New York Yankees, and [insert random player name here] is an asshole!" Then I'll fit in more.

What an utter collapse by Detroit. Making the playoffs almost seems anti-climatic at this point. The division seemed like such a sure thing when the White Sox dropped out. Give credit to the Twins, but this was really a case of the Tigers just dropping the ball when they had everything in their favor. I was sure it was over when they had them loaded with one out in the 11th.

Well, I guess I need to become a Tigers fan for the first round.

Hey, CV, who gives a shit what naiwf thinks? He's already proven himself to be a complete jackass and completely unable to string together anything resembling an intelligent or somewhat original comeback. Just picture him as a spoiled, 12 year-old rich kid with too much time on his hands. Clemens isn't a Yankee. So what? Clemens came back from retirement. So what? Everybody makes a big deal out Clemens and his potential retirements. So what? He's the best pitcher of this generation, possibly ever. People SHOULD make a big deal out of it. If people don't like him, they don't like him. Who cares? Once naiwf gets 347 career victories, I might be interested in his pithy attempts at insulting my home state, but until then, he's just another random jackass in a long line of random jackasses that inhabit the world wide web.

In something baseball related-I certainly hope that Chris Sampson's work this year has earned him a spot in the Astros rotation next year. I think he'd be a good #2 guy. He's got good control, keeps the ball down well, and isn't afraid of attacking the strikezone, unlike some of the other highly-thought of rookie pitchers the Astros have thrown out there the last two years. And he's got a cool goatee thing going on.

Man fuck the Royals. They've gotten the shit kicked outta them all year and now they decide to care? Bullshit!!! Anyways, Detroit screwed up big time. I'll stop short of calling it a choke b/c they won 95 games and they're still in the playoffs. On the plus side heading into the playoffs, the bats seem to be going again. Pitching is what gets it done in the playoffs and the Tigers have the best at least by the numbers. Bonderman and Verlander are gonna have to grow up fast though and the hitters have to be more patient facing a disciplined and veteran Yankee squad. I'm not counting Detroit out.

i'm not couting the tigers out. i'm sorta glad they lsot so they didn't have to play the a's. thats a conflict of interest for me. plus ill get to see them play the yanks in primetime.

He'd better be ready to be a #2 or 3 guy next year. We may need him to be one next year. If Wandy Rodriguez sniffs the starting rotation, I riot.

If Wandy Rodriguez sniffs the 72 degree air in MMP, be it in the rotation, bullpen, or in the stands, I riot. I imagine that the rotation'll be something like...

Oswalt

Pettitte

Woody

Sampson

Hirsh

At least until Roger Clemen's un-un-un-un retirement.

Guest Paul

I'm happy the Tigers choked on the division. Now the Yankees get them. And the Twins can shoot the A's in the back of the head. Then for the ALCS, I don't see the Twins being able to win a 7 game series against NY, in NY.

I'm all about WEDNESDAY right now, though.

The Dodgers are going to fuck the Mets up. Glavine and Maddux will probably pitch against each other!

The Dodgers are going to fuck the Mets up. Glavine and Maddux will probably pitch against each other!

The Dodgers hardly fucked up the Mets this year. It's going 5.

Glavine and Maddux will not face each other. It'll be Duque vs. Lowe, Glavine vs. Kuo and Trachsel or Maine vs. Maddux.

I am looking forward to Glavine/Maddux, and the series in general should be very, very good. Mets in four.

The Dodgers hardly fucked up the Mets this year. It's going 5.

Glavine and Maddux will not face each other. It'll be Duque vs. Lowe, Glavine vs. Kuo and Trachsel or Maine vs. Maddux.

I'm willing to say that there is zero chance of Kuo starting Game 2, especially if the Dodgers dropped the first game. Maddux would be going on normal rest if he pitched Game 2.

EDIT: 10%, because zero is kinda asinine.

Looks like an interesting playoff bracket...no teams I really hate, other than the Yankees.

Weird that Atlanta isn't in it for like the first time in 15 years or whatever.

Now that the regular season's over, when do we start arguing over who's going to win awards and such? I'm of the mind that the last couple weeks puts Oswalt at the head of the Cy Young class...unless they give it to Trevor Hoffman, which they might.

Now that the regular season's over, when do we start arguing over who's going to win awards and such? I'm of the mind that the last couple weeks puts Oswalt at the head of the Cy Young class...unless they give it to Trevor Hoffman, which they might.

I'm thinking of running an unofficial SmartMarks voting poll, with 10-9-8 scoring and such. Keep an eye out for that in the next few days.

Guest NYankees
Looks like an interesting playoff bracket...no teams I really hate, other than the Yankees.

Weird that Atlanta isn't in it for like the first time in 15 years or whatever.

What are your reasons for hating the Yankees if you are a Brewers fan? Do you hate the Yankees because the Brewers like the Devil Rays, Royals and Pirates are the complete opposite of the Yankees?