TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Corey_Lazarus

Tool

I heard a clip of one of their songs on WBCN amazingly enough (Adam12 answered the question of who was opening, and he played a clip of one of their songs and then said "see, that's why we don't play them on the radio" since it featured a lot of growls). Then I went to their MySpace and listened to their tracks on there. Not impressed, and pretty bored by it. But I dislike experimental/progressive music for the most part anyway, so I'd doubt they'd be my cup of tea if I heard more of their stuff.

Re: Mastodon

Agent is entirely true. They're going to own Tool in every which way (live presence, musicianship, technicality, quality of the songs), but the Tool fans will shit on them. Then again, it's in Europe, aye? Europe's a hotbed for heavy metal, always has been and always will be, so maybe they'll be cheered as loud as Tool, if not louder. Doubtful, but one can hope.

While most of the people I know are going to see Tool, alot are bigger mastadon fans (especially as right now, their alot more of a breath of fresh air in comparison).

While there will be that big pop for Mastadon, and they'll probably blow tool away, I wouldn't be surprised that the 16yr old/ Tool-heads fans will think its the best show ever.

Tool's always been an alright band to me. If they are on the radio I won't necessarily turn it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to them.

Nope. And it's a damn shame that I still hear Linkin Park once an hour on WBCN, but never hear anything even REGARDING Mastodon on anything but Mike Hsu's metal show Harder Faster at 11p.