TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathon

The Nine...

Just wondering if anybody else caught this. I'm sick of this formula, but the cast is distinctive enough, and i'll admit I'm hooked on it. The scene with the SWAT team storming the bank, and the reactions of the hostages gave me chills.

I loved last night's episode, and this show is so good. Sadly though-

Week two of ABC’s The Nine completely squandered its Lost lead-in, with a distant second-place 7.0/11 in the overnights, 8.41 million viewers and a 3.2/ 9 among adults 18-49. Compared to it’s week-ago debut (Overnights: #2, 9.1/15; Viewers: #2, 11.91 million; A18-49: #2, 4.6/12 on Oct. 4), that was a loss of 23 percent in the overnights, 3.50 million viewers and 30 percent among adults 18-49. The Nine also declined significantly at 10:30 p.m. with a loss of 18 percent in the overnights (7.7/12 to 6.3/10), 1.93 million viewers (9.38 to 7.45 million) and 25 percent among adults 18-49 (3.6/10 to 2.7/ 7).

(From http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/newsletters/pr...ider/index.jsp)

If The Nine keeps tanking, I hope ABC gives them ample word and maybe they can wrap up some of the mysteries.

With Lost starting to turn-off viewers, I think putting two serialistic shows back to back just wasn't the right move

Guest East.Coast.J

I watched the first episode of The Nine and didn't tune into the second. With Lost I can handle waiting week after agonizing week to find out the mysteries of the island, because the said mysteries seem as though they will likely be extreme enough to alter humanity as it exists on the show.

With The Nine, there is no way in hell I am going to sit on the edge of my seat for an entire year just to see a fucking bank robbery. That's asking entirely too much from a viewer.

I could be marginalizing the show based on one episode, but the show lost me after the first 60 minutes.

Invasion and Nine, both were screwed with their timeslots. People just don't want ANOTHER 60 minutes of twists and turns after LOST had thrown them around like a roller coaster.

They are better off putting a regular drama on after this instead of shows that are forcing people right off the bat to care about these characters enough to follow these loopy storylines.

The show is good, but like most new shows, it's been hurt by its time placement.

I think the problem is that lighthearted comedy/drama shows work great in back to back installments, like "Greys" and "6 Degrees", but not so with the mystery shows. They should swap and have "6 Degrees" follow Lost, and The Nine should be before "Greys."

That said, I loved the second episode. This show and "Friday Night Lights" are the two standouts this season.

It's so good to see Tim Daly working again.