TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

30 Rock

I try to get into this show, but there just aren't as many laugh out loud moments as in the shows preceding it, so (like Czech said) it seems like a weaker show as a result

I prefer 30 Rock to Scrubs. Scrubs, while funny, often goes a little too overboard with the slapstick sight-gags for my taste, and the way they cram a valuable life lesson into the last 2 m inutes of every single episode. I do really enjoy Dr. Cox, though.

Tina Fey seems like more of a straightman than someone you actually laugh at, and she gets most of the screentime. Alec Baldwin is comic gold, Tracy Morgan is good, and I find the Kenneth the Page character pretty funny. The writer's room characters just kind of just seem "there" most of the time.

Scrubs was better in seasons 1-4 than it has been since then.

Although..the Scrubs thread never disapeared after 10 eps like the 30 rock one did.

Baldwin is funny...but he does not a half hour sitcom make.

It almost seems like the "fans" of the show are making excuses and admissions for its lameness at this point.

Well...I do like it better than Earl.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

It's not lame, it's just not as good as The Office/Scrubs. It's certainly worth staying around for, though. Maybe I just blindly like Tina Fey and will support any project she does. Tracy is okay, but his vocal inflections get samey and annoying. I keep waiting for him to say "man, put down my papaya!" like that guy in the beer commercial, because he always sounds really strained like that.

Scrubs was better in seasons 1-4 than it has been since then.

Although..the Scrubs thread never disapeared after 10 eps like the 30 rock one did.

Baldwin is funny...but he does not a half hour sitcom make.

It almost seems like the "fans" of the show are making excuses and admissions for its lameness at this point.

Well...I do like it better than Earl.

You can be a fan of a show and admit it's flaws.

And no way 30 Rock is better then Earl, Earl's been on fire lately.

I put 30 Rock and Scrubs on about the same level right now, but really enjoy them both. It took a couple of tries for me to start to like 30 Rock, but I think the show is finding its mark. I enjoy all Alec/Tracy interactions a lot.

I could do without the Blond though. It seems like they haven't quite figured out her character yet either.

That's the most ridicules way of measuring the quality of a show that I've ever heard of.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

I liked that lame plot of a bad 30 Rock episode better the first time I saw it, when it was a lame plot of a bad Arrested Development episode.

The more I watch this show, the longer it goes on, the more I get a huge Arrested Development vibe from it, and that's a very good thing if you ask me.