TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

30 Rock

For Scroby:

cwstudio60.jpg

Thank you but I actually wanted one for 20 good years. :D

Barron, I'm calling you out, next week your ass is mine! :boxing:

I had some problems with the opening bit (allusion to Mary Tyler Moore- wtf?), and I thought it tailed off a bit at the end, but I enjoyed it.

I thought they were ribbing Marlo Thomas and "That Girl"....which is even sadder, actually.

I didn't watch "20 Good Years," but if there was something funny in it, they certainly didn't put it in the commercials. I mean...jokes about berets and button fly jeans? Was the script written in 1989?

I'll guess both shows dip a point next week (the overly hyped The Nine lost almost 2 points from its premiere last week to this one) and get the axe by January 1st.

NBC's "30 Rock," 3.9/6, and "Twenty Good Years," both fell significantly in their second week.

Good Lord, I thought they'd drop but not THAT low this quickly. The same site had 30 Rock at 5.5/9 and 20 Good Years at 4.7/7 last week.

I thought the second episode of 30 Rock was quite a bit better than the pilot, so I'll stick with it. If they continue in this direction, I could see the show ending up lasting. The just need to get through this introduction stage. I haven't watched the second episode of Twenty Good Years yet, but meh, I doubt that one will ever get any better.

Jane Krasinski sucks and the twists

I'm sorry...I zoned out there for a second. What were you saying?

30 Rock is getting moved next month to after the Office on Thursdays.

Scrubs will air afterwards leading in to ER. 2 hour comedy block..or..not..

20 Good Years is officially dead in the water without an official timeslot after the move.

20 Good Years is officially dead in the water without an official timeslot after the move.

Any word on new episodes of Scrubs?

I meant would they be new episodes.

Most credible source I found at zap2it.com

LOS ANGELES -- Old is the new new at NBC.

Starting Nov. 30, the network will bring back the Thursday comedy block that was an NBC staple for some 20 years before this season. "Scrubs" will come off the bench to start its sixth season that night, and "30 Rock" will move over from Wednesdays to join "My Name Is Earl" and "The Office."

NBC will also air super-sized episodes of "Earl," "The Office" and "30 Rock" on Nov. 16 before launching the full new lineup at the end of the month (the Thursday in between is Thanksgiving). The change spells the end for the Thursday edition of "Deal or No Deal," and "Twenty Good Years," which had been paired with "30 Rock" on Wednesdays, appears to be done as well.

"We are excited about the prospect of two-hours of top-notch comedy on Thursday nights, which includes the return of 'Scrubs,'" NBC Entertainment president Kevin Reilly says. "We will stay on-brand with the best comedy block on television, which will position us for the future on the night."

The four comedies will try to keep NBC in the game on a night dominated by CBS and the newly potent ABC. "Scrubs" and "30 Rock" will have the most daunting task, airing in the 9 p.m. ET hour opposite the top two shows on TV so far this season, ABC's "Grey's Anatomy" and CBS' "CSI."

The move of "30 Rock" to Thursday will also force a change to NBC's Wednesday schedule. The network plans to feature specials in the 8 p.m. hour starting Nov. 22. Neither "30 Rock" (6.9 million viewers) nor "Twenty Good Years" (6.07 million) has fared too well so far, but critics have generally been kinder to the former show, which was created by and stars "Saturday Night Live" alum Tina Fey, and it's a better fit with the other single-camera comedies in the new block.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/26/t...reut/index.html

..."Twenty Good Years," starring John Lithgow and Jeffrey Tambor, is being pulled off the schedule after a low-rated first two weeks.

There are no immediate plans for a return of "Twenty Good Years" to the schedule. The comedy is in production on its 13-episode order and might come back in midseason.

Good riddance.

I think I'm right about 30 Rock though, and it's now on my must watch list and I'll stick with it to the end.

I thought "20 Good Years" was pretty funny.

I've enjoyed "30 Rock" so far...though I missed it this week. I loved the exchange Alec Baldwin had in the first episode with Tina Fey:

"We're a big company...NBC, Universal, K-Mart..."

"We own K-Mart now?"

"No, so why are you dressing like we do?"

iTunes is offering the episode "Blind Date" for free right now, so I checked it out. It's not bad, but probably not something I'd go out of my way to see. Being after Scrubs will probably help, though.

Guest Felonies!

Like Supes said, it's a good show, but my viewing of it was predicated on its lead-in. This Earl/Office/Scrubs/30 Rock lineup is gonna be pretty great.

Nice promo just now. The days of the multi-camera laughtrack sitcom are over.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

You struck gold on Gold Case!

Good show. Weak link of the Thursday night block, and probably not something I'd watch if it didn't have Scrubs as a lead-in (which itself I got into because of The Office as a lead-in), but I still enjoy it. Tina Fey is cool. However, doesn't it bother you--though bother probably isn't the word I'm looking for--that Kenneth is like EXACTLY the same character as Johnny from Airplane?