TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Big Ol' Smitty

4,000 dead Americans

Guest Oedipus Rex

At least we don't have Los Angeles Dodgers running the military. They'd all be expected to win the war on one leg.

Guest Oedipus Rex

"What's your opinion of Iraq's performance?"

"WHAT'S MY OPINION OF IRAQ'S PERFORMANCE?"

Guest Oedipus Rex

So, I didn't say you typed in all caps. I was just continuing the Dodger thing. If it's about the 10-in-1 thing I did the other day where I had you writing in all caps, that was an unfair characterization of you, and I apologize for that. Not letting go of key phrases like "nice black man" or "Daily Show leans left?" Probably fair, though.

I think the subtitle of this thread should be

"Can't Be Wrong"

(Play on the old line about 50 million Elvis fans)

Yeah, that's the kind of stuff I find funny.

Yeah.

See, I dont find much comedy material in this whole Iraq thing.

And, Czech, the Dodgers bit above followed my posts & thus gave the obvious appearance that I was being characterized as some sort of Lasorda-esque blowhard who didn't know about/care about the Iraq War...just looking for something else to shriek & swear about.

Guest Oedipus Rex

Well, that's an interesting interpretation. Nothing personal. Just unaffiliated Lasorda. Let's be friends.

See, I dont find much comedy material in this whole Iraq thing.

I, on the other hand, find almost everything about ripe for satire and mockery.

Read an article where John McCain was quoted as saying Rumsfeld will go down as one of the worst Secretaries of Defense in American history. He also said again that the US didn't go in with enough troops. Wish he could have been more vocal about his qualms about the Iraq war before.

Not about Iraq, but Bin Laden & Hussein are brother who conspired to bring down the towers, so I'll put this here. From a new biography of Ariel Sharon:

Speaking of George Bush, with whom Sharon developed a very close relationship, Uri Dan recalls that Sharon’s delicacy made him reluctant to repeat what the president had told him when they discussed Osama bin Laden. Finally he relented. And here is what the leader of the Western world...promised to do to bin Laden if he caught him: “I will screw him in the ass!”

wtf

Not about Iraq, but Bin Laden & Hussein are brother who conspired to bring down the towers, so I'll put this here. From a new biography of Ariel Sharon:

Speaking of George Bush, with whom Sharon developed a very close relationship, Uri Dan recalls that Sharon’s delicacy made him reluctant to repeat what the president had told him when they discussed Osama bin Laden. Finally he relented. And here is what the leader of the Western world...promised to do to bin Laden if he caught him: “I will screw him in the ass!”

wtf

I thought his brother was Obama Hussein?

Bush compares war to U.S. Revolution

I really want somebody to come out of nowhere and punch him in the face.

wtf

I'll give Gorgeous George the benefit of the doubt here and guess that saying "I'd fuck him up" was misinterpreted.

On that MSNBC link, I'd like to simply give him a good chiding for daring to spit that bullsneeze in the "presence" of a President that he'll never come close to touching.

Maybe our President has been watching some of the Iron Sheik footage on YouTube.

Oh, and I froze when I read what gary floyd wrote...

With last night's assassination attempt against Cheney will this Administration finally decide to take the actual terrorists seriously?

This was a convenient day for this to happen because it tied into my lesson in World History class today which included the assassination by bombing of Tsar Alexander II of Russia.

Obviously, though, it sucks that it happened.

With Cheney not actually being hurt, if it means we focus on terrorism & those that actually attacked us for once it could have its positive side.

Somehow I only see it equating to further escalation in Iraq though.

Guest Vitamin X

You mean it sucks that it didn't actually do anything to him, right? Because that's what I was definitely thinking.

You mean it sucks that it didn't actually do anything to him, right? Because that's what I was definitely thinking.

No, but that's what one of my students said in class today when we were discussing this. He was reprimanded.