TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

The Format

Does anyone like this band? They've put out two rediculously catchy CDs in Interventions and Lullabies and Dog Problems. I think they write perfect pop/rock hooks and songs. I also hear they are incredible live but won't get to make that judgment for myself until November.

Any other fans of this band?

Guest Felonies!

You seem to like a lot of these newer "catchy pop-rock" bands. Not a jab, just an observation.

i think i'd slot hot hot heat right underneath the barenaked ladies as the worst canadian band ever. i'd actually like to slot them under the barenaked ladies tour bus, too. how wretched.

Guest Felonies!
Their style can be considered a mixture of both pop and alternative, and is difficult to place in any one particular genre due to their use of various stylistic influences. Their diverse mix of sounds and exploration of different musical combinations set them apart from most indie bands. Though Means and Ruess are the foremost members of the band they tour and record with Mike Schey, Mark Buzard, Don Raymond & Sean McCall. The Format chose their name to make fun of the music industry's inclination towards a cookie-cutter "format" for a hit.

They probably just sound like Snow Patrol.