TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

Raw Thread - October 16th, 2006

I don't really have as big of a problem with Steve-O laughing after getting his ass kicked. Keep in mind, the whole gimmick of the Jackass guys is that they they entertain themselves and the audience by seeing how much pain they can inflict on themselves. They get legitimately hurt doing a lot of their stunts, yet are still laughing about it every now and then. It's almost a defense mechanism for them.

It's not a typical sell for an attack in pro wrestling, but it also would have looked weird for these guys who have been through way worse to suddenly act like they're dead from Umaga's offense.

...I can't figure out how to word this correctly, so I'm going to best describe this as I can.

The whole point of the segment was for the Jackass guy's to put over Umaga and his offensive. By taking out the guys who take on so many painful things would have had the crowd believe Umaga could destory anybody. Steve-o not selling the moves properly hurt the segment. I give props to Chris because he did the job he was told to do and stayed laid out, while Steve-o did not.

What I found hilarious about the whole thing was the fact that Umaga didn't even try to protect him with the splash, just crushed the guy. Also... notice how the other guy doesn't even move after the Samoan Drop.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Steve O admitted he made a mistake in laughing at Umaga as he was supposed to be selling, saying he was told it was a sign of disrespect and he remembers nothing from the point Umaga hit him real hard until he was examined later by the doctor.

Steve O and Umaga were both stupidly unprofessional. Steve O should have known the risk of injuries and shit that can happen in pro wrestling and the importance of selling for the guy he was in the ring with and done what he was told. That being said, nothing gives Umaga or Bob Holly or anyone the right to stiff anybody that isn't expecting and allowing it, particularly someone who's untrained. It's nothing more than assault.

The Jackasses no-selling Umaga could totally kill Umaga's heat.

Who's what!?

Steve-O as a pain-loving pyschopath Cruiserweight Champion would be money, admit it. Plus he'd be under no obligation to sell for them anyway.

Guest Coffey

Shouldn't WWE make "celebrities" sign, like, one-night or one-time appearance contracts or something? Seems odd that they'd just allow someone to show up when they could do whatever without any ramifications. Well, other than the chance to get stiffed, I suppose.

Guest Big Chris Studd
Orton does a damn good HBK impression.

In fact, Ortons version of HBKs DX dance is better than HBKs version of HBKs DX dance.

To my mind, if the announcers had had a clue on how to sell the Jackassers as being able to take pain with laughter, it could have looked much better.

Likewise if they had told Steve-o to laugh all you want but not move much, it would have been better...

I'm not disputing the unprofessional actions of Steve-O.

I'm just saying that Umaga had no right to do what he did, either. They're both at fault. WWE should've better prepped Steve-O and explained the nature of the business and importance of selling the move, not just getting hit with it.

I also never said that Steve-O had talent. Just that he's much more popular and a bigger star than the WWE's entire active roster.

If Steve-O didn't laugh, he'd be breaking character. He ALWAYS laughs when he gets his shit fucked up.

Umaga being pissed about it was awesome.

This is my favorite Raw in.... a long ass time.

Man, you're all stating fact as if Steve-O wasn't prepped on what to do. Federline cut a damn promo. You don't think they went over what to do with Pontius and Steve-O?. Most likely, Steve-O was fucked up (as usual) or legitimately knocked out. Pontius, in every dangerous situation he's in, giggles like an idiot.

Sign K-Fed now!!!

"Kevin Federline's appearance on RAW last week gained 1,300,000 viewers for his segment and did a 4.4 quarter rating. On the otherhand, the Carlito vs. Rob Conway match following the segment lost 1,050,000 viewers, thus meaning that a great deal of people only watched the show for K-Fed's appearance. "

Sign K-Fed now!!!

"Kevin Federline's appearance on RAW last week gained 1,300,000 viewers for his segment and did a 4.4 quarter rating. On the otherhand, the Carlito vs. Rob Conway match following the segment lost 1,050,000 viewers, thus meaning that a great deal of people only watched the show for K-Fed's appearance. "

Shit, even if I weren't a wrestling fan I'd watch if there was a decent chance K-Fed gets his ass kicked. Plus, Federline cuts a damn good heel promo (relative to most of the rest of the roster).

Guest Princess Leena

And the start of WWE completely breaking away from being a wrestling product begins.

I FINALLY got a chance to see this nights Raw, and i was VERY happily surprised by how good it was.

Seeing that bitch kevin federline get FU'd by Cena was one of the GREATEST things i've EVER seen.

I made this to honor that moment.

cenafufederline2pt5.gif

Seeing Steve-O laugh his ass off after Umaga attacked him was fucking hilarious. I was laughin my ass off when they cut his music when he went to go beat his ass some more.

This Raw was one of the BEST i've seen in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Sign K-Fed now!!!

Shit, even if I weren't a wrestling fan I'd watch if there was a decent chance K-Fed gets his ass kicked. Plus, Federline cuts a damn good heel promo (relative to most of the rest of the roster).

I think this should be a wake-up call for WWE as far as when you get big publicity, don't follow it up with CARLITO VS. ROB CONWAY.

Sign K-Fed now!!!

Don't get too excited. K Fed's second time drew nowhere that number. K Fed was great for a ratings boost the first time out, but like any such act he doesn't mean as much the second time around.

Guest netslob
And the start of WWE completely breaking away from being a wrestling product begins.

start? BEGINS???