TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

oAo ECW on Sci-Fi Thread // October 17, 2006

What does HHH have to do with it, anyways?

Well he is part owner so his finger prints is on everything....that's why Sandman drinks Miller Lite.

I liked Show's "spear", and Holly's first and third chairshots. The second one was good for the speed, but the others really looked like he wasn't holding back.

And you can say "Oh, RVD needed Holly's help" ...but Test needed Big Show, Heyman, and the Security to beat RVD. So whatever.

They desperately need to just job the Show out and get the belt off of him. Of all the guys to overexpose to the degree he has been this year, they would pick the Big Show? I wonder if Vince and Co. have pondered the reason ECW's ratings are sagging is due to fans being bored with Show's title run. Add to it he's apparently hurt and not even on the house shows at this point, so what is the point of keeping the title on him and also having him appear on PPVs that he has zero point being on?

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

He's dropping the title in less than seven weeks, on PPV. No need to change plans this close to ECW's first PPV in six months.

They desperately need to just job the Show out and get the belt off of him. Of all the guys to overexpose to the degree he has been this year, they would pick the Big Show? I wonder if Vince and Co. have pondered the reason ECW's ratings are sagging is due to fans being bored with Show's title run. Add to it he's apparently hurt and not even on the house shows at this point, so what is the point of keeping the title on him and also having him appear on PPVs that he has zero point being on?

In his contract.......he gets PPV bonuses whether he's on the show or not. So I guess they figure they should get use out of him.

Hotbutter, they've already kinda screwed it up though. We now have already seen RVD beat the Big Show. There should have been some other way for RVD to earn a title shot. Win a #1 contender match vs. someone else (maybe Test in a rematch?), maybe win a tourney.

They've done a good job building Show up on ECW as an unbeatable monster heel, only to have RVD beat him last night. I personally think these guys should have been kept apart until that Dec. PPV. Let Show decimate a few more guys, then when RVD finally beat him at the PPV it'd be a much bigger deal.

Why just randomly book RVD vs Big Show at the ppv? Having RVD becoming the number 1 contender is fine. The match set up will be excatly booked as it was for One Night Stand 2. RVD will come out, in the next week or so and tell people that ECW has a PPV coming up and he'll or the annoucers will brag about how he's "Mr. Pay Per View" and thats why he'll want his title shot then and there. RVD beating Big Show last night was just to show people that the Big Show can be beaten and that RVD is the guy who can do it. Espically since Big Show has been booked as the unstoppable giant ever since ONS 2.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
ECW rating last night was a 1.6.

One of the lowest ratings since "new" ECW started, with only the July 4th show being lower with a 1.4.

I think it was a combination of ECW being taped a week ahead of time -- which always hurts the ratings -- and the NLCS Series. I know I was watching the Mets game instead of ECW, at least.

I think RVD should keep having matches with Show, but win everytime like this week. I'm not sayin Holly run in every week, but some kind of fucked up finish.

Then at the December PPV have RVD finally beat Show clean, straight up.

Scroby, I did a bit of fantasy booking a few weeks ago laying out how they can book RVD/Show for the PPV as well as segue it into RVD/Punk and Show/Hogan.

I'd have Show run his mouth for weeks about how he has no competition in ECW and that he wants a real challenge. Someone like Hogan. This plants the seeds. Meanwhile, there is a #1 contender tourney. RVD faces CM Punk in the finals, RVD gets a really hard earned win by the skin of his teeth, Punk refuses to shake his hand afterwards (echoes of Punk's "You Got Punk'd" gimmick as well as RVD's early ECW feud with Sabu).

So we go to the PPV. I might even advertise Hogan for the PPV, not in a match but just that he'll in the crowd. Obviously the title match will be Extreme Rules and everyone from Heyman to his Goons to Test runs in. Make no mistake, this match will be overbooked mayhem hopefully in a good way. Hogan will NOT touch either competitor, but maybe will nail Heyman. Anyway in the end RVD pins Show and wins the title.

The ECW Originals celebrate with RVD, but the lone guy that doesn't come out is Punk. He just stares at RVD as if to say "That should be mine."

From there we have Show insist Hogan a reason he lost (which he wasn't) and then go to that feud, while RVD/Punk is also set up for WM.

Guest Human Highlight Reel
I think RVD should keep having matches with Show, but win everytime like this week. I'm not sayin Holly run in every week, but some kind of fucked up finish.

Then at the December PPV have RVD finally beat Show clean, straight up.

So you think they should have the champion job constantly until there's no trace of doubt as to the outcome of the PPV match, and expect people to pay for the exact same match they've seen a dozen times on free TV?

plus 4 months until CM Punk vs RVD at WM for the title. Thats a VERY long build up for that match.

And that almost sounds like the Owen Hart/Bret Hart thing after Bret won the title of Yokozuna.

Just like last week, this show sucked. It's a shame, given the fact that only a couple of weeks ago, we had great matches like Test/RVD. I'm just looking forward to when WWE finally puts the title back on RVD.

I agree that the girl who did the promos with RVD and Big Show was awful. She has no talent whatsoever, but that's no surprise.

I'm guessing a threeway with RVD, Show and...Hardcore Holly or something wack for Mania.

I think Show's program for Wrestlemania involves Hulk at the moment.