TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Annabelle

World Series: Tigers vs. Cardinals

Guest Felonies!

This is the Jeff Suppan I'm familiar with.

Me too.

You mean he actually talked like that with you guys?

Who cares what the ratings are? Seriously. It has no affect on anything. It's not like they're going to take the Series off the air or banish the teams that don't bring the ~RATINGZ from the playoffs.

So far this has been the best series since 03, it's good baseball between a couple of evenly matched, well rounded teams, and it looks like it could go 7. That's all I care about.

I also love baseball in cold weather. That's what OCTOBER BASEBALL is all about.

The relievers have made some crucial errors, but the Cards have had timely hitting. The Tiger defense hasn't been good though. Team with less mistakes is coming out on top.

Guest Smues

I want the Cardinals to win the series anyway, so they need to do it tomorrow night so we can have a team win at home for once. Fuck I hate this song, bad St. Louis.

I'll admit the Tigers are continuously shooting themselves in the foot, but give some credit to St. Louis. Just because I team puts it out there for you doesn't ensure anything.

tonight though? come on. the last few runs had NOTHING to do with what the cards did. between grandersons slipped, rodneys toss, and monroe's miss the tigers GAVE the cards this victory.

the other games, i agree completely.

Yeah, but who's to say Monroe could've caught that ball? The fact that he made light contact with it was only because he decided to do a bellyflop for it. Otherwise, I think it just drops.

Yeah, but who's to say Monroe could've caught that ball? The fact that he made light contact with it was only because he decided to do a bellyflop for it. Otherwise, I think it just drops.

you're right. but it looked as though his reaction was delayed, or even moved in the other direction for a split second. sure wilson had clutch hitting, its just they wouldn't have been in that position if not for the stupid mistakes. the tigers pitching has been phenomenal. the hitting was back. then THIS.

Eckstein ripped the ball and Monroe did everything he could to get to it. He had so little of his glove on it, that there was no way for him to actually catch it. Anyway, great win for the Cardinals tonight.

You're acting like the Cards were fumbling all over the place and still won. They made mental snafu (Pujols getting thrown out). Other than that, they scattered hitters against some very good pitchers.

no. i don't mean to come across as saying that the cards were inept. its just that the tigers pitchers did such a great job of shutting them down. and the tigers hitters were finally hitting well against them. it was probably the worst game for them in the series. they had a few clutch (yes, i'll admit it) hits after the tigers made silly mistakes. without the mistakes, the tigers would have won this game & we'd be talking about how the cards need to make some adjustments to deal with a resurging tigers team.

kudos to the cards, i guess...but hardly a great victory.

let me put it like this:

if the tigers were playing the 2006 cubs in the world series, i think the series would still be 3-1 for the n.l. representative. this has more to do with how the tigers are screwing up than how the cards are playing.

Someone didn't watch many Cubs games this season.

who cares how they play during the season, it matters how they do for this little stretch of games. the cubs could be finding the holes, the tigers could be tentative at the plate, and the cubs can score runs without base hits, just errors. it happened tonight. i'm just saying. the tigers were swept by the royals at the end of the year. i doubt they were playing any worse then they are playing now.