TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy_Victim

Final Fantasy XII

To beat Zeromus I just spammed quickenings, and prayed my guys with Gambits set at Ally: HP < 30 X-Potion, Ally: Status = KO Phoenix Down could keep me going, and it worked out pretty well.

He's also not that much help against bosses. Against small fry he's a great mob cleaner, but bosses not so much.

And was anyone else disappointed with the Sword of Kings? I was expecting a decently awesome weapon and then we get a weapon that is basically as it should be: a symbolic sword that holds no real power. Of course someone who's beat the game will say taht's not true and it gets a power buff but honestly. Disappointing.

Well, I've stopped the main plotline and started doing all the hunts and sidequests and I've found XII's version of the maddening chocobo race in X: the fishing. I swear to God, I was about ready to break my controller on the Upstream area, and the worst part is, I can't get past that section until I get an item I can ONLY get from fishing the area! It's pissing me off. I just had to vent.

Okay, so apparently the Great Crystal thing I've been to symbolizes the final rush to the end.

...I'm terribly disappointed with this game in terms of character development. It falls flat on its face, and its glaringly making me not care about actually trying to finish the game. Its a great game, but that's flawed beyond belief. There's been no progression or change in a single character, no one's faced any meaningful choices.

That's the big downfall of the game for sure. It's like the anti-Chrono Trigger, as it has pretty good gameplay but junk character and plot development. If given the choice, I'd certainly go for the gameplay over plot, but there's no reason they can't exist equally.

Completely agree. I haven't even bothered to finish the game yet and i'm right at the end as well. I'm very dissapointed with the storyline altogether. The game COULD have been so much better if it were alot longer story wise. there are so many angles they could have done and it just seems rushed.

I think the storyline would've been great if we had character progression. The storyline is very well done for the most part, but without the character development, its pretty damn flat. It doesn't help that this game was in development for so long either, but on the flip side its pretty damn flawless in the other areas.

Still if I had to rank this game, it wouldn't make my top 25 list of RPGs.

Guest NYankees

How is the second half of the game? I just got to the old city and I have to get wood to get on the tram to get to the second part of the town. I am burnt on this game and considering selling it on ebay.

Man, the hunting really chews up the time. I'm back to getting through the storyline but taking out plenty of time to do the hunts, and before I know it I'm at 91 hours. I don't think I've ever spent that much time on a game (although I'm pretty sure it's counting the times I've left it on pause and gone to do a couple of things around the house). My characters are all pretty powerful (all around 52, the board's done for all of them except for the espers) and I've given Vaan the Zodiac Spear, so he's pretty much a killing machine. The only bad thing is that I've used an Esper a grand total of one time in this game. Getting them is fun because of the challenge but I don't see the need for them.

Guest NYankees

I wish I could care about this game that much. I could care less for the story and the character development. I really dont care as to what is going to happen next. I only played due to the gameplay and the License Board.

Unless I totally miss my mark, the more espers a person has the stronger they are right?

Like, if I stacked the Fire giant, the Ice mermaid, and the Lightning dragon on one person, the giant would be tier 1, cost 1/3 of your MP, and be about as strong as you, the 2nd would be stronger and cost 2/3 of your MP, etc.?

I just hope you can't out and out miss some of the 13 non-mandatory espers..

How is the second half of the game? I just got to the old city and I have to get wood to get on the tram to get to the second part of the town. I am burnt on this game and considering selling it on ebay.

Um... The Old City is past what I would consider the half way point of the game, considering its not that far from Grand Crystal. But if you are as burnt, sell. Honestly, if I didn't buy myself the special edition copy, I'm at the point where I'm thinking of selling since the gameplay I get in the game is basically what can be found online and in WoW, which I also play.

Unless I totally miss my mark, the more espers a person has the stronger they are right?

Like, if I stacked the Fire giant, the Ice mermaid, and the Lightning dragon on one person, the giant would be tier 1, cost 1/3 of your MP, and be about as strong as you, the 2nd would be stronger and cost 2/3 of your MP, etc.?

I just hope you can't out and out miss some of the 13 non-mandatory espers..

No, the more espers a person has, they don't get stronger. Espers have their own leveling system (or level up when the character does, not sure which) in which they build stats. So the higher you level yourself and your esper the better it becomes. The Giant you gain right at the beginning, whose name I forget, is a tier 1 in terms of stat growth so he'll never be as good as a tier 2 that you find, nor a tier 3.

You can't miss out, but you can miss a few since they aren't on the normal path to get them. However, those are the top stat growth ones: [spoilers]Zeromus, Ultima,[/spoilers] and two others that I can't remember their names too But if you are meaning that you can miss them and never get them again? No, all are still accessable later on in the game, I think. I don't have them all, I don't plan on it.

Anyone figure out how to access the rest of the freaking Grand Crystal? I want my Excalibur and Zodiac dammit.