TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy_Victim

Final Fantasy XII

I haven't been able to summon yet, even though I managed to pick up my first one.

And its so cool that there's a "dry" and "wet" season for the Giza Plains. Really makes it lifelike and is a bitch to nagivate now.

BTW, if you are where I am, do NOT attempt to do Marks III or IV at this stage of the game. Just set it up so no one steals them. Because yikes, I got smacked around silly trying to do Mark III White Mousse.

Oh, and best place to rack up on goodies, Omir Sandsea. Managed to get a 77 chain because of those little sand freaks. Lots of earth stones too.

And I love the storyline and how everyone seems not really evil but just in shades of grey, like real life. At first I was expecting to hate the Emperor of Arcadia, but he turns out to be a guy who's hand tied by the council.

Now if only I could figure out who in the bloody hades I'm supposed to return this Ring of the Toad to, I'd get bonus stuff me thinks.

Hah, we're all around the same place in the game. I think the Ring of Toad is for someone in the Giza village during dry season.

I managed to kill the Earth Tyrant and the Ringwyrm (mark III). The fights were pretty ridiculous though, I think the Earth Tyrant killed everyone except for Ashe, and I used up every high potion and ether I had during the fight.

Quickenings are so useful once you get the hang of chaining them up. I have every character with three now. It seems like the best way to make long chains is to start with a rank 1 quickening....that way the caster will has two more potential quickenings they can use without having to Mist Charge. Higher chains produce a lot more damage...a 4 chain might dish out 6000 dmg, while an 11 chain can hit for 20000+. Very useful, especially for finishing off a boss or mark.

22 chain is worth 50-60K. Very useful indeed. And yeah, probably around the sam eplace. I'm currently trying to find Trail of the Badlands or something like that. FAQ says I'm supposed to hack some dead trees yet I don't see them.

Where do you get Espers from anyways? Meaning, you find em and beat em, and then what? Are they in the magik sections of the license board?

The whole chain thing with the quickenings confuses me a little. I get you can hit the button of the other character's Quickening in the very beginning once the first quickening starts. What's the deal with the whole shuffle? I kind of pick up that the more you hit R2 the more damage it does, is it just a matter of hitting R2 as much as you can before hitting the chain button? seems kind of clunky to me.

Also, anyone know any good spots to score some Teleport Stones? I have a few, but so few that I kinda don't want to use em, but I want to go head out to the plains and do some more hunts and stuff (I'm at the Tomb of Raithwhatever right now).

I also wonder how far into the game as a whole I am? This game rocks hard.

You can buy teleport stones from any airship...just drop 200 gil for a flight at the Aerodome and choose "Leisure Craft" instead of "Private Cabin".

Espers you have to defeat to get. Once you defeat them, they open up on the license board.

Every time you use a quickening, other characters quickenings are randomly shown. But sometimes you might not have the mist to use any of them (say your characters are all out of mist, or a bunch of rank three quicks appear when you can only cast rank 1). That's when you shuffle...just shuffle until a mist charge or a usable quickening appears.

When I was supposed to be making a Sunstone I just ended up wandering the fields killing things. It really is nice knowing when you're running into an enemy. I also got great satisfaction out of getting a 2nd party member, buying some black magick, and kicking the mutant wolf mark's ass after he killed me multiple times when I was just starting out. I haven't had a lot of time to play so I'm not far into the game at all (just met Balthier and Fran - I can tell I'm going to like Balthier due to his accent and "stage direction" speaking manner) but after being on the fence about the game, I'm glad everyone else liked it enough for me to get it and enjoy it (Future Shop's $10 off sale didn't hurt either).

Yeah Balthier's a real smartass. He's not Auron, but I can see him filling Auron's "fan favorite" role pretty well.

Anyone got a good LP milk point for early 20's level characters? I can keep running the mines I suppose but the skeletons are getting a bit old.

Also, what level should be pretty safe for completing that Mark I hunts? I've finished the cactaur, wolf, wraith, and Nidhogg ones but there's still like 4 or 5 (including the ones in the clan hall) left. I suppose I could just accept them for later.

I finally got around to beating Disgaea 2 proper (damn college/work schedule...) so I got this on my to-do list now. The combat style is new to me having never gone through FF XI but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Yeah Balthier's a real smartass. He's not Auron, but I can see him filling Auron's "fan favorite" role pretty well.

Anyone got a good LP milk point for early 20's level characters? I can keep running the mines I suppose but the skeletons are getting a bit old.

Also, what level should be pretty safe for completing that Mark I hunts? I've finished the cactaur, wolf, wraith, and Nidhogg ones but there's still like 4 or 5 (including the ones in the clan hall) left. I suppose I could just accept them for later.

Best place to milk LP and farm for drops is Omir Sandsea. You can rack up your chain into the 100s easily (I was at 77 before I just went "screw it), and nab Earth Stones along the way. Early 20s you can kill the guys in like 2-3 hits and move on. Plus they are plentiful making the task pretty easy. Just watch out for the Fire Elementals and Tomato Heads, and you should be good.

For some really nice LP milking, there's an accessory called "Golden Amulet". It doubles all LP gains. You can get it from killing the Mark from the Garif village (mark II), or you can wait until it starts being sold in stores a few hours after.

I liked killing the Sandpeople in the Yensa sea, but any lower level area should be fine for building up LP.

You'll kick the shit out of the Mark I hunts right now. The Hunts give pretty good loot and items, I recommend just trying em all. They make for some fun battles.

I forgot about the Golden Amulet. Hmmm... I don't know about taking on a Mark II hunt, but I'll see what I can do.

Trying to think... I don't believe I've been to the Omir Sandsea yet. Might have to wander over there and try it out.

BTW I do like the inclusion of the occassional "big guy" in the territories. I remember wandering around trying to fill up my Sunstone and thinking those two werewolves couldn't be as tough as they looked. Oops :D .

picked it up on Tuesday and it easily blows FF-X out of the water. The story is good, the battle system reminds me more of a MMORPG, the little map in the corner is Metal Gear Solid-esque, and the visuals and music are stunning.

The only thing that bothers me is that the camera angles can be very difficult at times and it would have been a better idea to use the same angle changing system from Dragon Quest VIII than what they did come up with.

Some info on the DS spinoff, Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings:

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2006/11/06/new-rev...ails-uncovered/

In short:

It's a sequel to XII.

Vaan, Fran, and Balthier will be in it.

Probably plenty of locations from the PS2 game.

And naturally the battle system will be reworked--

The battle system has also undergone some changes: combat will feature stylus control and a simplified version of the Gambit system. Also, summoning will be completely overhauled and used in a rather unique way, say the developers. Both screens will be properly utilized, and finally, there are no current plans for Wi-Fi functionality.

this game seems to have gotten lost in all the PS3/Wii frantic-ness.

Anyone here beat that Wyrm dragon mark in the Westersand? Sucker was just wiping me out, it was ridiculous. It was a level III hunt, I'm afraid to try the level V hunts which are also available to me at this time.

The level 5 hunts are pretty tough, especially since you can deal with 'adds' (or extra monsters showing up besides the boss). I just fought the Antlion, and he had maybe 5 or 6 Mantis guards that were level 41...not an easy fight for my level 33 crew.

I'm getting annoyed with this in some of the later optional bosses...one stops you from using magic, one has a 5 minute time limit and doesn't seem to be hurt by physical attacks. One of the marks will just up and make himself completely invulnerable when he's near death, and leaves you with a few second window inbetween the buff turning off and him turning it back on again. Very annoying.

I gave up on that last one for now, insanity. As for the one that doesn't ger hurt by physical attacks, it's only when his companions are there. Get off a good quickening Combo and he should be cake or at least you get a finisher that wipes his friends out then you can hack away.

Ok, I've been trying this for so long now and the guides don't seem to be working but here it goes.

I'm in the Stillwater Miriam Shrine, the one that holds the Dalmasca Sword of the Old King. Anyways, I've beaten the mid-boss and turn the statue each and everyway and checked back but the huge statue sword guarding the entrance to what I'm assuming is the next Esper STILL doesn't move.

Anyone got any advice? All the guides on Gamefaqs tell me to turn it west, which I've done and nothing occurs. Did I miss a step somewhere along the way?

Ok, I've been trying this for so long now and the guides don't seem to be working but here it goes.

I'm in the Stillwater Miriam Shrine, the one that holds the Dalmasca Sword of the Old King. Anyways, I've beaten the mid-boss and turn the statue each and everyway and checked back but the huge statue sword guarding the entrance to what I'm assuming is the next Esper STILL doesn't move.

Anyone got any advice? All the guides on Gamefaqs tell me to turn it west, which I've done and nothing occurs. Did I miss a step somewhere along the way?

You know there's three statues right? All three have to point to the giant statue in the middle to make the path open up.

Hey.

Speaking of the Stilwater Shrine,

anyone beat

Zeromus

yet? Anyone fight him?

I'm at level 39 and I managed to get him 3/4 of the way dead with some lucky Quickenings. I've also got Basch ripping up skeletons with a Francescia axe I got somehow. But at the end of the day the

no magic nerf

is really hurting me...

I fought him around the mid 40's level wise and just attacked the hell out of him until I was overwhelmed by Zombies. At that point his health was doen to about 2/3 and I quickening'd his ass for about a 9 hit combo. The "Finisher" from the quickening took out all 7 Zombies and nearly killed him. Regular attacks finished the battle for me.

When you go down through the first door on the right and see that statue, you can continue farther past there and find the second to the south(on the map wise). Then continue again to the east statue where you will need to be prepared to fight :)

I have to say i'm a tad disappointed with this game and the length and story. I'm at the final area already and I am holding off finishing until I complete all the sidequests first. If you actually just play straight through without doing any side stuff you could finish this game in 45 hours easy. I'm at 80 now and have most hunts completed, a couple espers to get, and some other minigame stuff to do.

45 hours for rushing through an RPG is pretty hefty actually, as I would say most could be completed in 25-30 hours playing that way. And for FFXII, I'd imagine anyone who got to the end at 45 hours didn't bother to explore the zones all that much, or if they did, they ran past a lot of monsters. A large chunk of time in my game was spent exploring every area and fighting the monsters there. I finished the game in 82 hours and I doubt more than 10-12 of that was spent on sidequests.

I'm 40+ hours in and only at level 25 myself. I spent a bit of time doing hunts, exploring, and level grinding though.

Speaking of which, where the hell can you buy Haste from? I'm in the Henne mines and I haven't seen it anywhere at any shops yet.

Hey.

Speaking of the Stilwater Shrine,

anyone beat

Zeromus

yet? Anyone fight him?

I'm at level 39 and I managed to get him 3/4 of the way dead with some lucky Quickenings. I've also got Basch ripping up skeletons with a Francescia axe I got somehow. But at the end of the day the

no magic nerf

is really hurting me...

I managed to beat him around that level. Try to equip armour that halves or negates dark (you should be able to buy Bone Armor by this point), buff everyone up (haste, brave, faith), and make sure your characters have charge technik and the various augments that give you magic points when dealing/taking damage. Use your quickenings when there are 5-6 zombies around the boss; as long as you get a Concurrence you should be able to take out most of the zombies hp, as well as dealing a ton of damage to boss. Finishing the zombies off will give you MP, as will charge and ethers. Use high and x-potions to heal. If one of your characters has like 500 HP, use a balance mote to do some severe damage. The boss will cast something that can do 1k-2k damage to everyone, so try and keep everyone above that if at all possible (bubble belts help here, an accessory that doubles your hp).

The problem with this strategy is that it really depends on concurrences...if you waste a quickening without being able to trigger a concurrence, the combination of zombies and boss attacks can wipe the party very quickly.