TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red Baron

NHL Thread: November Edition

Craig MacTavish got fined $10,000 for his remarks about last nights game against Dallas. First remark was when Roloson was interfered in the first period, and also when Hemsky goal was disallowed four seconds left in the game because of an "alleged" hand pass which there was no indication shown.

Yet, Mick McGeough will probably get away with nothing more than a talking to.

ANOTHER one-goal loss for the Senators, after blowing a 2-0 lead and not one, but two 5-on-3 chances.

I know it's still really early, and it's not as bad as what's been going on in Calgary (conspicuous by his absence, EHME), but it's starting to get a little alarming.

Meanwhile, the Leafs handle the Sabres fairly easily on the road, and I want to throw up.

ANOTHER one-goal loss for the Senators, after blowing a 2-0 lead and not one, but two 5-on-3 chances.

I know it's still really early, and it's not as bad as what's been going on in Calgary (conspicuous by his absence, EHME), but it's starting to get a little alarming.

Meanwhile, the Leafs handle the Sabres fairly easily on the road, and I want to throw up.

Bah. I'm no Leafs fan (while I don't hate them), but I'm already sick of Sabres fans. Said a Sabres fan buddy of mine, when I called him on his sudden love of them: "Well, they sucked a year ago! Why would I bother paying attention to them?"

Buffalo is 2 for fucking 28 on the powerplay recently. Ottawa was 6 for 64 going into tonight, and while I only saw updates on HNIC, it doesnt sound like that improved.

Craig MacTavish got fined $10,000 for his remarks about last nights game against Dallas. First remark was when Roloson was interfered in the first period, and also when Hemsky goal was disallowed four seconds left in the game because of an "alleged" hand pass which there was no indication shown.

Both TSN.ca and The Score were pretty liberal with their use of MacT's quote of "retarded". I can't be the only one who found that surprising.

Ottawa was 6 for 64 going into tonight, and while I only saw updates on HNIC, it doesnt sound like that improved.

Nope. If memory serves, I think they were 0-5, including the aforementioned two 2-man advantages, which took up over a minute total.

Buffalo had to lose against Toronto. Now everyone is going to mention that this team is for real, and they are going to be best team in the league.

I mean Raycroft stole the fucking game for them.

LMAO, sour grapes.

It wasn't the Sabres best game of the season but the Leafs played a good game last night despite having a run of penalties in the 3rd. I thought the Sabres were going to embarass them, the way TO had been playing the last few games. Sundin was on fire.

Belak-Peters was the worst "scrap" I have ever seen.

The Leafs are doing well again, so we get more bitter redbaron posts. Fair trade.

Leafs looked really good last night. I also thought they were going to get massacred. Sundin has been on fire.

Alexei Kaigorodov was suspended by Ottawa yesterday for refusing to report to AHL affiliate Binghamton. That's an extra million bucks under the salary cap for a team that looks like it'll need to make a big deal at some point this season.

CC, its also been reported that Kaigorodov is going home and forfeiting his contract apparently.

Both TSN.ca and The Score were pretty liberal with their use of MacT's quote of "retarded". I can't be the only one who found that surprising.

I'm more amazed MacT wasn't more pissed off. Hemsky's goal was a goal, there is and was no question and frankly the ref'ing is the absolute pits right now. But at least I can't complain too much. Its pits all across the board for everyone. Just that one stings.

Is it just me or is ref'ing in all leagues becoming the absolute pits?

The Leafs are doing well again, so we get more bitter redbaron posts. Fair trade.

Leafs looked really good last night. I also thought they were going to get massacred. Sundin has been on fire.

Dustin' off the ol' parade route eh?

I don't understand how they can fine MacTavish when both the referee and Colin Campbell have said that the call was blown.

They didn't have a problem with him saying it was a bad call. They had a problem with him using the word 'retarded' and the word 'spastic' which was used by MacTavish as a way to describe how McGeough flails his arms like a madman whenever there's a no goal.

So I saw the highlights of the Montreal/Jersey game last night.

I can't be mad at the team. Brodeur was outstanding in what could have been an easy 5-2 victory for Montreal.

LMAO, sour grapes.

It wasn't the Sabres best game of the season but the Leafs played a good game last night despite having a run of penalties in the 3rd. I thought the Sabres were going to embarass them, the way TO had been playing the last few games. Sundin was on fire.

Belak-Peters was the worst "scrap" I have ever seen.

I agree, KGB. Baron, Raycroft did not bail out Toronto. Outshooting Buffalo 17-4 in the second hardly classifies as team in need of bailing out. That said, Raycroft did have some nice point blank saves late.

So I saw the highlights of the Montreal/Jersey game last night.

I can't be mad at the team. Brodeur was outstanding in what could have been an easy 5-2 victory for Montreal.

Fair. Don't forget that New Jersey always beats us in the regular season. The Devils are our Senators.

Well, one thing is to beat Buffalo is to go deep in the offensive zone, and cycle the puck. Buffalo seemed lost when the puck went behind the net.

Dustin' off the ol' parade route eh?

What are you talking about? The Leafs have been playing well recently, no one here is going OMG STANELY CUP.

Well, one thing is to beat Buffalo is to go deep in the offensive zone, and cycle the puck. Buffalo seemed lost when the puck went behind the net.

Not only that, but By God, Harry Neale was right. Rough em up. The Sabres are small, especially up front. Roy, Briere, Drury are all under six feet.

But, they've certainly shaken it off, as they came back late AGAIN, beating the Rangers 4-3 in a shootout.

Not only that, but By God, Harry Neale was right. Rough em up. The Sabres are small, especially up front. Roy, Briere, Drury are all under six feet.

But, they've certainly shaken it off, as they came back late AGAIN, beating the Rangers 4-3 in a shootout.

When you lose, Dupont, McKee, Fitzpatrick and Pyatt, and gain nothing in return for size of course you are going to be banged around.

Now you can say Raycroft stole a game for Toronto. Leafs could've easily scored 8 goals tonight, though, with all the posts they hit and the missed scoring chances. Philly was lucky to make it through the 1st period down by only 1, Leafs were lucky to make it out of the 2nd with the game still tied. But definitely, Leafs are fortunate to have had only 1 goal against tonight, as Raycroft made 40 saves.

In the 2nd, when a Philly player sat down in the box after taking a penalty, the graphic came up showing the player who took the penalty and in the subtitle where the penalty type is supposed to be, it read something like "Assists: Name Here, Name Here". I immediately thought of all the MNF graphic fuck-ups (Name Lastname, among others).