From the Bruins website:

Sturm-Bergeron-Boyes

Axelsson-Savard-Murray

Primeau-Kessel-Donovan

Hoggan-Mowers-Stastny

Alberts-Chara

Mara-Stuart

Jurcina-Lashoff

Brad Stuart is back. Mats Sundin is out. No Dempsey in the lineup. I am going out on a limb here and calling a Bruins win. I know that it's not something that a sane, rational person would do, but I'm doped up on painkillers and muscle relaxers. I think the Bruins win the game 7-4 on a David Ortiz walk-off homer.

Brad Stuart is back. Mats Sundin is out. No Dempsey in the lineup.

Coupled with the fact that the two teams split their meetings last year, I had seriously considered betting on the Bruins today. I just couldn't do it.

From TSN.ca

Raycroft will most likely not play against the Canadiens this saturday. He is aiming for next week against the Bruins. Pavel Kubina is off in the Czech Republic after his girlfriend gave birth of their child. Kubina will also be back Thursday night against Boston.

:-D

Finally, the Sens' losing streak is over with a convincing 6-3 win over Pittsburgh. The cynic in me is saying that doesn't prove anything about their toughness in close games late, but I'm not listening to him right now.

So who were the three stars in Toronto? McCabe, Devorski and McGough?

Seriously, some of those calls were pretty suspect, but I will give props to the Leafs D, who boxed out the Habs like there was no tomorrow. Apart from Koivu's goal (and quite frankly, they could have shot three times before Koivu netted it), the Habs didn't have a shot get through all night.

Fuckin Sens.

The Habs have got to be hating the puck-over-the-glass penalty rule after tonight, but I don't recall any really bad calls against the Habs tonight (the ref's were Warren and Walsh, BTW). The Leafs didn't get a lot of calls against them, it helps to have a coach who doesn't bitch at the referees all the time I guess and the players haven't whined as much, either.

I think Emery should be Ottawa's full-time starter when he comes back. He is a lot better than Gerber, that's for sure.

The Habs have got to be hating the puck-over-the-glass penalty rule after tonight, but I don't recall any really bad calls against the Habs tonight (the ref's were Warren and Walsh, BTW). The Leafs didn't get a lot of calls against them, it helps to have a coach who doesn't bitch at the referees all the time I guess and the players haven't whined as much, either.

Seven powerplays for the Leafs, as opposed to two for the Habs is pretty iffy. Especilly with two 5-on-3's. The delay of game is ridiculous. Ultimately, I'm not toooooooooo bitter at the refs, but a call against Garth Murray with 90 seconds left in the period, when already down two? Come on.

I'm by no means blaming the Habs loss on refereeing, as they were definitely outplayed, but there's still a sour taste in my mouth.

this eastern conference talk sure is interesting

So talk up the West more. Outside of the Canucks, I'm ignorant of the rest of the West. Too late for me.

Bruins v. Sens was a fun game last night. Even Dempsey looked solid at times. The defense needs to learn how to block shots though as they were again susceptible to the shot from the point and deflection in front (on Neil's second goal) and they need to learn that when they start hitting people instead of avoiding body contact that things start happening (drawing penalties and such).

Brian Finley was reassigned to Providence after the game last night, with no word on whether or not Toivonen is returning to the big club or if a trade is in the works.

Seven powerplays for the Leafs, as opposed to two for the Habs is pretty iffy. Especilly with two 5-on-3's. The delay of game is ridiculous. Ultimately, I'm not toooooooooo bitter at the refs, but a call against Garth Murray with 90 seconds left in the period, when already down two? Come on.

That was the slash on Belak's hand, which hurt him. It was pretty careless of Murray and an obvious call to make, I thought. Can't blame you for being frustrated though, if the situation was reversed I'd probably be here bitching about it. :D

I'd talk about the Western Conference more often if I could get myself to watch more than a few Sharks and Oilers games, and I didn't even get to see the Edmonton-St. Louis game that was on this afternoon.

I would love to see some Western conference games, but I mean all I get is pretty much Leafs, and maybe an outside game of Detroit vs insert Western Conference Team.

That was the slash on Belak's hand, which hurt him. It was pretty careless of Murray and an obvious call to make, I thought. Can't blame you for being frustrated though, if the situation was reversed I'd probably be here bitching about it.

Fair.

5-3 Blues over the Oil. Edmonton's now lost seven straight at Savvis.

And despite being 2-8 in their last ten there, Chicago beats the Blue Jackets 2-1. They've won two in a freaking row!

Guest Felonies!

Thank goodness we vanquished the mighty Columbus Blue Jackets. Six more wins left to offset the slump, and along with the Bulls, they're on the road for two weeks. Hmm.

Guest Felonies!

I didn't think we'd even win another game until after the circus. But hey, take what we can get.

A scary incident happened during the Blackhawks-Jackets game last night, a player got cut in the neck by a skateblade. I didn't see it, but it sounds like it wasn't as bad as when Clint Malarchuk had his throat cut. Still pretty scary though. EDIT: I just saw it and it looked worse than I expected. Zherdev's leg came up and Bourque, who was behind him, got the skateblade right across the throat. Thank god he's OK.

Chicago forward Rene Bourque left the game late in the second period after being cut in the neck with by the Columbus right wing Nikolai Zherdev's skate blade during a pileup in the Blackhawks' crease. According to team officials, Bourque was in stable condition when he was taken to The University of Chicago Hospital.

"We know he's stable. He's OK and it's not life-threatening," Yawney said.

6-3 Habs? Anyone see this? I'd been following along on the ticker on The Score. But 5-3 with 9 seconds left, and I'll assume that was an empty-netter? Sorry, CC.

Washington wins 4-1 as well, and God help me, the train's gonna start up again tomorrow morning with the Sabres winning 7-4 over the 'Canes.