TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

The Marine

Saw it yesterday. It was better than I expected. If you like unrealistic action movies like the Transporter, Cena's movie is definitely worth a look. I'll cut him some slack after all, this is John's first movie, but Robert Patrick definitely MADE this movie enjoyable.

Pretty much your standard 80s era action hero role (Think Commando / Hard Target). The Rock could have easily done this. Thankfully Cena didn't do any of his trademark moves except for the shoulder block. It was kind of funny seeing him no selling punches as Van Damme does the same thing. His acting wasn't terrible, but then again he was playing a grunt so there wasn't really much to it.

The Marine was A LOT better than most of the direct to video action movies you see in the video stores so yes they actually did put effort into this film. WAY better than Kane's movie. Of course, there was an explosion in the movie every 20 minutes. I agree they went overboard with it, but it was actually fun to watch. I just wish they were more violent (camera cuts away whenever somebody gets shot / killed), it would have made the movie better. I could actually see Cena moving on in a couple of years. He has so much potential being an "actor" as well as getting his music career to flourish.

Best part of the movie:

Cena throws a hot bitch through the front window of a moving bus!!! OH MY GOD!

- Q