TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Credit Cards...

Yeah, we currently don't have any credit cards after my fiancee went completely NUTS with hers and dug a hole deeper than the Grand Canyon. Which she made about 10 times worse by not making one frickin payment until we get a nice phone call telling the amount.

So no, no more credit cards on this end. I might get one at a much later date for emergency purpose only but that damn thing will be in a lock box buried under the house to keep her crazy ass from it.

Yeah, we currently don't have any credit cards after my fiancee went completely NUTS with hers and dug a hole deeper than the Grand Canyon. Which she made about 10 times worse by not making one frickin payment until we get a nice phone call telling the amount.

So no, no more credit cards on this end. I might get one at a much later date for emergency purpose only but that damn thing will be in a lock box buried under the house to keep her crazy ass from it.

Yeeowch. And I thought I'd dug myself a nice hole, running up over $30K on various credit cards and lines of credit four years ago.

Another small tip for all you kids out there: If you make all your payments, you can rebuild your credit rating a lot quicker than if you don't. My wife and I went from credit scores under 600 to ones over 700 (in her case, nearly 800) in two years.

Baron, let me ask you this, how is Capital one with auto loans? I've been thinking about going to get one through them, their rates seem pretty low compared to auto dealers.

I never personally dealt with Autoloans with Capital One, but from what I've understand from them, they were pretty good at them. It's always good to get some information from them first off before making your decision.

Well I did look at their site for some information about getting a car loan and I found they had this countculater feature that lets you put in how much of an APR you want, how long of a loan do you want to have, and how much of a loan would I like to have and after tinkering around with it, I noticed that Capital one's interest rates are a lot lower than a dealers interest rates.

I also found out that basically if your approved, Capital one writes you a blank check and when you get it about two days later, you can take it to any dealer (who'd take it) and use it there and the loan isn't offical until I sign over the check to the dealer. So when if I do get approved and I get the blank check for that loan amount, the loan doesn't become offical until I use the check.

So I'm thinking about doing it, but your right about calling them and I do think I'm going to call them first to make sure I understand the blank check correctly.

You can switch loans like that? Wait you said "financed" is there a differance?