TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO 11/9 Impact Thread

Preview:

fightforrighttonight.gif

UPDATED PREVIEW FOR THURSDAY’S “iMPACT!” ON SPIKE TV

The road to the November 19 “Genesis” PPV continues

This Thursday night on “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV, TNA Wrestling continues down the road to the November 19 “Genesis” Pay-Per-View epic event, featuring the first-ever collision between Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe! This Thursday night, the semi-finals and finals of the “Fight For The Right” tournament will take place!

“FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT” 3-WAY COLLISION

X CHAMPION AJ STYLES VS. RON “THE TRUTH” KILLINGS VS. ROBERT ROODE w/ Ms. Brooks

Three of TNA top stars will meet in a three-way match this Thursday night on “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV in “Phase III” of the “Fight For The Right” tournament! AJ Styles, Ron Killings and Robert Roode will all be competing in a three-way match, with the winner taking on Abyss in the finals in the main event later in the broadcast!

THREE-WAY WINNER VS. “THE MONSTER” ABYSS

Whoever emerges from the three-way earlier in the broadcast will face “The Monster” Abyss in the main event later in the show! In effect, the winner of the three-way will have to fight twice this Thursday night – win the three-way, then advance to battle Abyss, who will be rested and ready to unleash carnage on his finals opponent!

The ultimate winner of the “Fight For The Right” tournament this Thursday night advances to face Sting for the NWA World Heavyweight Title at “Genesis”, but will also have to battle Kurt Angle in his TNA in-ring debut next Thursday night as TNA goes primetime at 9pm ET!

ALSO THIS THURSDAY ON “iMPACT!” ON SPIKETV:

- TNAwrestling.com has learned that “The Franchise” Shane Douglas – manager of The Naturals – has a message to deliver to Team 3D! “The Franchise” is no stranger to Brother Ray and Brother Devon and they have a long and storied history in professional wrestling. What will Shane Douglas have to say to Team 3D? Tune in and find out!

- A Starr returns to “iMPACT!” this Thursday night on “iMPACT!” as Austin Starr (with Kevin Nash) will battle Petey Williams and Johnny Devine in three-way X Division action! Can Starr continue his winning ways after conquering the gauntlet battle royal at “Bound For Glory”? Tune in and find out!

All this and much more this Thursday night on “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV! Don’t forget – TNA goes primetime next Thursday night with our new start time of 9pm ET! Then, join us live and exclusively on Pay-Per-View on Sunday, November 19 for the “Genesis” epic event!

Discuss:

Well I thought this was one of the better in-ring shows they've done in awhile. The three-ways were decent and any time Abyss and AJ hook-up, good things happen. I liked the strong LAX push...I think them promising to burn the flag on primetime TV could be a good angle to hook people with, especially if they promote it. And they should replay Storm taking the Border Toss into the wall every week. That was just a SICK bump. The Naturals heel turn seems sudden, but I think they'll be better off for it in the long run and they were effect in their beatdown of the Duds. Also, it seems too early to for tension between Traci and Roode. His push has definitely been effected the most by the booking change, but I just hope we don't end up with another month of interview segments out of it. Overall, I think it was a decent show. It was definitely more about setting up next week as a big deal (it's almost got a clash of the champions feel to it) than Genesis. In the future, hopefully the specials will be further about from the PPV. But to Russo's credit, he slowed down this week. Still not enough to let things sink-in, but at least this week angles weren't happening on top of each other. I'm interested to see what they deliver next week.

Boy, was there really that little to talk about from this show?...

Yeah well there are other threads to complain in. So whats the deal with everybody wondering around the rafters?

Guest Canadian Crippler64

I must say that based on the sinking feeling I got in my stomach when I read the spoilers, I was actually impressed with the show last night.

The in ring work was solid, the production values appear to have improved in preparation for the primetime premiere...I actually like the showing of the intro videos before Abyss and AJ Styles came out.

They actually managed to squeeze a lot into that show, and not have it feel rushed. I was surprised.

All of that, and they finally put Petey Williams back on TV and actually gave him a win! All in all, I can't complain. I like the evolution of Chris Sabin's heel turn as well.

The bad stuff all happens next week anyways, but for this week, I liked what I saw.

I must say that based on the sinking feeling I got in my stomach when I read the spoilers, I was actually impressed with the show last night.

My thoughts exactly. It kinda seems to be a weekly trend...

Hence why i kept saying, wait and see.

See HTQ, it does work. So....there.... yeah you heard me, i said so there!

Hence why i kept saying, wait and see.

See HTQ, it does work. So....there.... yeah you heard me, i said so there!

Silly angles, bad booking and devaluing a title may be fun to watch if presented in an entertaining manner, but it's still silly angles, bad booking and devaluing a title. But you got to win an argument on the internet, so go you.