TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 11/14 - 11/18

It's always during these big games that I see rules I've never heard of come into play. Roughing the center? News to me. I was in the middle of typing that Michigan's defense desperately needed to stop Ohio State cold after the punt too.

The reason you never see the penalty called is that usually no one's stupid enough to hit the snapper on a punt block. That's something you learn not to do in high school.

Actually, I used to love doing that to the deep snapper in high school (they didn't have that rule until I got to college). We'd watch game films on Monday and the center would go flying. Always got a laugh. Then, when I started to deep snap in semipro ball, I learned to appreciate the rule. You feel VERY vulnerable with your feet 4 feet apart and your head between your knees looking backwards and upsidedown.

The "amazing" adjustment he needs to make is just to put a dime corner in the game every time OSU's in the spread. Anyone who's ever played a football video game would know what needs to be done right now.

You're talking about Lloyd Carr. He'll probably put 8 in the box and try to get pressure instead.

When OSU marches down the field and scores another TD it'll just end up costing Michigan time. They started the 1st half with the same kind of drive and the only time they really stopped the Buckeyes was when Smith made a bad throw or two.

The "amazing" adjustment he needs to make is just to put a dime corner in the game every time OSU's in the spread. Anyone who's ever played a football video game would know what needs to be done right now.

Whoa, how'd I miss this gem.

The Iron Bowl is some hard-ass football. Every play makes you marvel at the durability of the human body.

No one is paying attention to any other games but what the hell has gotten into Arizona? Upset Cal last week and this week they are humiliating Oregon in Eugene 37-10 which makes them bowl eligible. The Pac-10 has been impossible to figure out this year week-to-week.

Michigan's defense will only be able to contain Ohio State so much. Not capitalizing on that interception will loom larger and larger if they can't make anything happen with this drive here near the end of the third quarter.

Also of note SMU and Rice both have become bowl eligible today. They play each other next week to get an all important 7th win for both to lock up a bid. SMU of course hasn't gone to a bowl since the Death Penalthy and Rice hasn't been to one in 45 years.

TD Michigan!

Great call going with the end around when everyone in the stadium was expecting some kind of slant or fade route.

I really wish Michigan would stop passing it on first down every play. They've tried it about the last 8 first downs in a row, and it's been incomplete every time. They need to pound Hart for a few plays to start with, and then go over the top after OSU adjusts. Using the pass to set up the run just isn't getting the job done right now.

God I hate that rule. That's a part of football. You're going as fast as you can trying to make a play and sometimes your helmets will touch. It's not like he was blindsiding him in the pocket or something.

Guest Smues

Forgot about the JUDGEMENT DAY game, but I'm all ready for the Crapple Cup! Go Dawgs! And by 'go' I mean 'Don't get completely blown out'

Great. Now I won't be able to safely go outside for about twelve hours. Fucking Wolverines.

Well, maybe not just yet.

It's about time one of those calls went Michigan's way. They missed a really obvious facemask earlier and the holding call was pretty dicey too.

Not over yet. This game's going right down to the wire. Honestly, this has been such a close, well-played game that I'd have a really hard time putting USC or Florida ahead of the loser of this game.

Well we got the result that would be needed to justify a rematch and that is Michigan losing closely. I hate bowl rematches so I personally would only be in favor of a rematch if USC, Florida, Rutgers, and Arkansas all lose which could certainly happen.

OSU FOR THE GOOD OF THE CONFERENCE

I would say I miss John Cooper, but it seems like Lloyd has taken over his role rather nicely

I think Notre Dame just got eliminated from the title hunt tonight. No way you can justify putting them ahead of Michigan with the game those two played earlier in the season, and how close Michigan was to beating OSU on the road tonight.

Yeah, if USC, Florida, or Arkansas finishes the season with one loss, one of them will get in, but I don't think they should. Michigan's the best one-loss team in the country right now. The only team I'd put ahead of Michigan other than OSU is an undefeated Rutgers squad. I think that if WVU beats Rutgers, we should get a rematch on a neutral field.

If USC loses, Michigan is in the National Title game. I do not see the voters putting Rutgers up high enough even if they go undefeated. I don't see it happening. And Florida will be told "non conference schedule" and they will point at that Western Carolina game.

Michigan needs USC to lose, that is the only way they get in the title game. If USC loses, Wolverine fans can start celebrating cause they'll get a second chance to lose.

I think Notre Dame just got eliminated from the title hunt tonight. No way you can justify putting them ahead of Michigan with the game those two played earlier in the season, and how close Michigan was to beating OSU on the road tonight.

Yeah, if USC, Florida, or Arkansas finishes the season with one loss, one of them will get in, but I don't think they should. Michigan's the best one-loss team in the country right now. The only team I'd put ahead of Michigan other than OSU is an undefeated Rutgers squad. I think that if WVU beats Rutgers, we should get a rematch on a neutral field.

Notre Dame will be ahead of Michigan in the BCS standings after today. If they consolidate that by beating the new BCS # 2 next week they will play for the BCS title. . . and lose by 13.

I hate Lloyd Carr. Michigan will never beat OSU again as long as he's the coach.

Great game by both teams and it should be interesting to see how the next three weeks play out. Best case scenario is USC losing tonight, beating ND when they play, Florida losing to FSU, beating Arkansas in SEC title so it comes down to the Rutgers/Michigan debate.