TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 11/14 - 11/18

I think you guys are selling Michigan short by saying the game wasn't really all that close. Say Crable doesn't get that penalty and Michigan gets the ball back. Who's to say that they wouldn't have drove down the field, scored a touchdown, and won the game? It's not like OSU's D was having a stellar game. You gotta give UM some credit for only losing by 3 in a really tough environment. I'm not gonna gripe if UM doesn't get a rematch cause they had their shot. I just wanna see it as a Michigan fan. But I believe UM is closer to OSU than some of you guys think.

People keep wanting to say stuff like "if not for the turnovers..." but since when are turnovers not an important part of the game? It would be just as easy to say "if not for one or two missed tackles on those big runs..." but I'm not going to say that. OSU won a game that was never more than 14 points apart. Michigan was an onside kick away from having real shot at tying or winning the game. How is that not close?

I'm a fan of the Wolverines, and if Michigan wins their bowl game they'll end the year as the 2nd best team in the country. They don't deserve a chance to end the year # 1 because there's no proper way to say that they were better/more deserving than OSU if they were to win a rematch.

Having said that, all of the other one loss teams don't actually deserve a shot either.

Having said that, all of the other one loss teams don't actually deserve a shot either.

This is really the way I'm feeling right now. Assuming Rutgers doesn't go undefeated, we have already watched the national championship game. But that's academic because I don't think any team outside of Michigan has a chance of beating Ohio State.

With Virginia Tech currently spanking Wake Forest and Boston College beating Maryland earlier today, anyone want to make sense of the ACC title picture for me? Thanks in advance.

Anyone else think that the Coliseum is pretty unintimidating tonight? The crowd doesn't seem to be all that into the game and Cal is just doing their thing.

I say just scrap the Fiesta Bowl, part II and have a traditional Rose Bowl.

With Virginia Tech currently spanking Wake Forest and Boston College beating Maryland earlier today, anyone want to make sense of the ACC title picture for me? Thanks in advance.

Wake Forest still controls their own destiny. Beat Maryland and they go to the title game, otherwise if BC beats Miami and Wake loses then BC plays Georgia Tech.

Oh ya Maryland can still go if they beat Wake and BC loses.

That was a crazy good play by that Rutgers linebacker on the goal line. Still Cincy is now up 20-3. Props to Cabbageboy on calling this one.

This is an upset, but it's not exactly a shocker. Cincinnati's got a pretty good team. They managed to hang with Ohio State for about a half before their inevitable defeat, and they looked pretty good.

That was a crazy good play by that Rutgers linebacker on the goal line. Still Cincy is now up 20-3. Props to Cabbageboy on calling this one.

He wasn't the only one to call this result. Even if Rutgers hadn't won last week, I still believed Cincy would beat them. I just didn't beat it over everyone's head like Cabbage did during his bitter tirades about Louisville.

Playoff.... that's all I have to say after today. The people saying that Michigan was outclassed because of OSU turnovers, what is wrong with you. Turnovers are a part of a football. Fucking up a snap, is something that the opposing team should be punished for. If you don't want to consider the OSU turnovers, then don't consider the fact that Ryan Mundy bit on a playaction, where if it was run, would have been stuffed, or that Shawn Crable blew a tackle, and had an awful penalty. Either way all of those things were part of the game. It was a classic game, and yes OSU was the better team today, but, if the Patriots beat the Steelers in week 16 for homefield, and the the Steelers beat them in the AFC title game, no one would say well the Patriots won in the regular season, they already beat them so this doesn't count. The system is fucked, and you can't tell me that the Michigan team today, which has one loss, to the best team in the nation, on the road, by three, where you can argue that a stupid penalty deprived them of a chance to try and have a drive to win the game, is less deserving of a Florida team that has been squeaking by people left and right (Western Carolina excluded, at least Michigan's late season team was from a D1-A conference), a USC team that has been less than impressive and lost to fucking Oregon State, and god forbid a Notre Dame team that has played hot dick for two months and got blasted at home by Michigan. If Michigan isn't the second best team in the nation then who is? Not Florida, Arkansas, USC, Texas, West Virginia, etc. None of those teams can say they went into the Horseshoe, with all the shit surrounding this game, and played the best team in the nation to a three point game, which as Iggy said, is statiscally due to home field advantage, a tie. If this game was in Ann Arbor, or Glendale, or fucking Helena, Montana, who is to say Michigan wouldnt win. I want to see the two teams play again

You want a bold prediction? If Cal hangs on tonight for the win, Stanford will beat them in the Big Game to cost them the Rose Bowl bid.

If I'm wrong may God strike down everyone in this thread.

You want a bold prediction? If Cal hangs on tonight for the win, Stanford will beat them in the Big Game to cost them the Rose Bowl bid.

Geez, what did we ever do to you?

Speaking of rematches being dull, if this happens, not only would OSU and Michigan likely play a rematch in the national title game in that situation, there would also be a very good chance of USC and Notre Dame playing a rematch in the Rose Bowl. Maybe just the low ratings for the two premiere games under that scenario would be enough to finally get a playoff.

Speaking of rematches being dull, if this happens, not only would OSU and Michigan likely play a rematch in the national title game in that situation, there would also be a very good chance of USC and Notre Dame playing a rematch in the Rose Bowl. Maybe just the low ratings for the two premiere games under that scenario would be enough to finally get a playoff.

There is no way that Notre Dame in the Rose Bowl or an OSU/UM rematch would draw low ratings.

Yea, are people fucking retarded. Who wouldn't watch Michigan and Ohio State for all the marbles. The way I see it is the system is flawed, and its pretty obvious that Michigan and Ohio State are the two best teams and even if the best two teams are from the same conference they should play each other for the title

Guest Smues

Huskies win! In Pullman! Wow that was a pleasant surprise. 5-7, after a 4-1 start is disappointing. But 5-7 with 3 pac-10 wins is a marked improvement over next year and I like the direction this program is going.

Ah fuck it. Florida/ND vs OSU for the national title.

ND...over Michigan...why? seriously....like i have been saying past few weeks...these are the best 2 teams...this is not unlike Florida-FSU in 96....there seriously should be a rematch

Here's what's stupid about a Michigan/OSU rematch. Say Michigan wins. Are they really the national champs?

1996, one-loss Florida and unbeaten Florida State (who gave Florida that loss) met in what became the de-facto national title game after Ohio State beat previously-unbeaten Arizona State in the Rose Bowl. Florida won and was voted champs by both polls, so, yes such logic does apply.

Here's what's stupid about a Michigan/OSU rematch. Say Michigan wins. Are they really the national champs?

1996, one-loss Florida and unbeaten Florida State (who gave Florida that loss) met in what became the de-facto national title game after Ohio State beat previously-unbeaten Arizona State in the Rose Bowl. Florida won and was voted champs by both polls, so, yes such logic does apply.

Thanks, I'd totally forgotten this had happened before.

Even though Rutgers' national title aspirations are gone, they will still win the Big East if they win out. Although I don't see how they're going to beat West Virginia on the road if they can't even be competitive against Cincinnati on the road.

I started to just write "BWHAHAHAHAHAHA" but I called this Cincy/Rutgers shit. Now all U of L has to do is beat Pitt and UConn, watch WVU maim Rutgers to end the season, and we're in the BCS. Of course watch Pitt pull out some psycho effort to screw us...but somehow I think Pitt might just want the year over now.