TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RonL21

Video Games...

Revenge was my favourite too. The roster was the best of the brand-named AKI games, and it didn't suffer from the slowdown that affected No Mercy. My only flaw is that it doesn't have Ric Flair in it.

Acclaim's WWF games were what made me watch wrestling in the first place. Undertaker, IRS, and Yokozuna were so silly and crazy I wanted to see them in real life.

I had Rage in the Cage for Sega CD. It was like the SNES/Genesis WWF games except it had a weak cage match mode and the wrestlers would taunt each other before the match. I remember IRS would say something like "there are 3 things certain in life. Death, taxes and the fact that I'm going to beat you". Yeah that's so awesome. Bring back IRS and make him world champion and I will watch wrestling again. Oh and it also had grainy FMV cutscenes...but it's a Sega CD game so that goes without saying.

I enjoyed making the Nasty Boys cut promos on each other for some reason.

I was watching the December 95 In Your House PPV and there was a piece where Dox Hayes reminded everyone Christmas was coming up and suggested calling some 1-800 number to purchase WM:TAG. They said the SNES retail price was $64.99 but the Genesis and PS2 versions were $10 cheaper. Why was the worst of the bunch $10 more? Although in that era I wasn't the one buying the games (and I only had the SNES - friends had the Genesis) but was the SNES game being more a common practice?

Acclaim's WWF games were what made me watch wrestling in the first place. Undertaker, IRS, and Yokozuna were so silly and crazy I wanted to see them in real life.

I had Rage in the Cage for Sega CD. It was like the SNES/Genesis WWF games except it had a weak cage match mode and the wrestlers would taunt each other before the match. I remember IRS would say something like "there are 3 things certain in life. Death, taxes and the fact that I'm going to beat you". Yeah that's so awesome. Bring back IRS and make him world champion and I will watch wrestling again. Oh and it also had grainy FMV cutscenes...but it's a Sega CD game so that goes without saying.

Strange, I also got started on watching wrestling (again) the same way--it was WWF Raw SNES that prompted it.

Rage was good even tho it didn't have a lot of the great Raw features (there were only 2 slightly different movesets in Rage/Royal Rumble save for the finishes).