TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cabbageboy

NFL Week 14

THAT passes as taunting? That's ridiculous.

TO should be subject to those NBA rules about lobbying the officials for a penalty...

Mike McKenzie's "taunting" was probably telling TO "knock that shit off... it was NOT pass interference."

My thoughts exactly. When the ref called unspotsmanlike conduct, I thought for sure it was on Owens.

It's funny how the NFL is the only league where the networks don't ever have to worry about smaller market teams making the championship round. If the NBA or MLB had a final like San Diego/New Orleans, they'd be horrified.

New Orleans is a Big Story and San Diego has the MVP, so that makes it okay. Jacksonville in the Super Bowl would give the networks a scare.

We'd also get "Drew Brees vs. his old team and undestudy Philip Rivers."

Fuck you Automatica. You should have missed the FG last week. The Saints are hard to root against.

Next time that "the Seahawks don't get any respect" guy comes around someone just point to this thread and remind him that losing to the Cardinals when playing for a # 2 seed is all the reason one needs to not respect those losers.

The AFC is in Smaller markets primarily vs the NFC anyway..

1 New York 7,375,530 BOTH

3 Chicago 3,430,790 NFC

4 Philadelphia 2,925,560 NFC

5 Boston (Manchester) 2,375,310 AFC

6 San Francisco-Oak-San Jose 2,355,740 BOTH

7 Dallas-Ft. Worth 2,336,140 NFC

8 Washington, DC 2,252,550 NFC

9 Atlanta 2,097,220 NFC

10 Houston 1,938,670 AFC

11 Detroit 1,936,350 NFC

12 Tampa-St. Pete (Sarasota) 1,710,400 NFC

13 Seattle-Tacoma 1,701,950 NFC

14 Phoenix (Prescott) 1,660,430 NFC

15 Minneapolis-St. Paul 1,652,940 NFC

16 Cleveland-Akron (Canton) 1,541,780 AFC

17 Miami-Ft. Lauderdale 1,522,960 AFC

18 Denver 1,415,180 AFC

21 St. Louis 1,222,380 NFC

22 Pittsburgh 1,169,800 AFC

24 Baltimore 1,089,220 AFC

25 Indianapolis 1,053,750 AFC

26 San Diego 1,026,160 AFC

27 Charlotte 1,020,130 NFC

30 Nashville 927,500 AFC

31 Kansas City 903,540 AFC

34 Cincinnati 880,190 AFC

43 New Orleans 672,150 NFC

49 Buffalo 644,430 AFC

52 Jacksonville 624,220 AFC

69 Green Bay-Appleton 432,810 NFC

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Green Bay doesn't count as the smallest market because realistically, it encompasses Milwaukee, Madison, the rest of Wisconsin, and has a national following.

Green Bay doesn't count as the smallest market because realistically, it encompasses Milwaukee, Madison, the rest of Wisconsin, and has a national following.

Milwaukee is 33 and Madison is 85..if you combine them its barely a top 15 market. Im sure a lot of teams actual designated markets are larger and all but I just went by the home city market as best I could.

and Reggie Bush off to the races for a TD.

61 yard TD pass from Brees to Bush.

Brees has got to be getting back on his pace to put up 5000 yards this year...

BTW, those New Orleans market numbers have got to be overstated...

NO's current population is about 200,000.

Baton Rouge's in-city population is about 250,000 while the suburbs add probably another 300,000 or so.

Baton Rouge's in-city population is about 250,000 while the suburbs add probably another 300,000 or so.

The #'s are pre Katrina if that makes any difference..its the latest #'s I could find from 2005. Baton Rouge is listed at 310,000

Owens with a lucky TD catch..

The #'s are pre Katrina if that makes any difference..its the latest #'s I could find from 2005. Baton Rouge is listed at 310,000

Katrina seriously skews those numbers.

New Orleans' market got much smaller while the Baton Rouge and Houston markets got larger.

Baton Rouge and the surrounding suburbs (Gonzales, Watson, Denham Springs, Zachary, Baker, etc.) have absorbed a lot of people who were displaced by Katrina.

It ain't over yet, but give it another Saints drive or two...

The Saints have had an overwhelming advantage in T.O.P. this whole game, so they can stretch things out on the ground and make it so that Dallas has trouble making up 11+ points in the time they have left.

Guest Princess Leena

Same with Buffalo. As a significant amount of their crowds are Canucks and mid-state bums.

Karney is trying to get on that rockstar deal or whatever its called

I wonder if they have a photo of him to put "On Top of the Rock"..if not they're probably scrambling for one now..

LOL at that catch for a TD..

Its officially a rout now..lol 42-17.

Bill Parcells will be going nuts this week..

This trouncing almost makes up for the disgusting Giants loss last week. Thank you Saints for killing the Romo hype for a few days at least.

I shall note that the Ravens held the Saints offense to 22 points when they played them in New Orleans.

Brees did have 383 yards passing and 3 TDs but also had 3 ints and most of the yardage given up was after the Ravens got a 35-7 lead, and they do have a terrible habit of giving up gobs of passing yards when they get up by a couple TDs..

I am quite surprised about this game so far though..I did figure on NO winning but I thought it'd be closer than this.

What I'm finding amazing is that the Saints are doing all of this on defense without Hollis Thomas, who is suspended until the post-season.