TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

ROH DVD's

I've havent seen much of ROH and I been looking into buying some DVD's and I was was wondering if someone can give me some good suggestions into what to look into

Very little from 2004 and before still hold up compared to the string of shows from 2005 to present day, as ROH shifted from focusing on the main event/dream match formula into making complete cards. A lot of shows were one match shows and the most famous matches such as Punk/Joe trilogy, Aries/Joe, Aries/Danielson 2/3 Falls, Homicide/Corino (Barbed Wire) Danielson/Joe (MXR), all the London, Styles, Danielson matches are out there in the internet world. Here’s a “must†get list from 2005 to now…

Bold indicates STRONG suggestion...

3 Year Anniversary Celebration: Night Two

-Alex Shelley Vs CM Punk, Jimmy Rave Vs AJ Styles, Danielson and Joe Vs Aries and Evans, Spanky Vs James Gibson

Manhattan Mayhem

-Whitmer and Jacobs Vs Evans and Strong, Jay Lethal Vs Samoa Joe, CM Punk Vs Jimmy Rave (Dog Collar), Alex Shelley Vs Austin Aries, Homicide and Low Ki Vs Joe and Lethal

The Final Showdown

-Alex Shelley Vs Roderick Strong, Joe/Ebessan/Jack/Delirious, Austin Aries Vs James Gibson, Homicide Vs Danielson (Cage)

Nowhere to Run

-Austin Aries Vs Bryan Danielson, CM Punk Vs Jimmy Rave (Cage)

Redemption

-Matt Hardy Vs Homicide, Aries/Strong/Sydal Vs Rave/Shelley/Abyss, Punk Vs Daniels Vs Joe Vs Gibson (elimination rules)

Punk: The Final Chapter

-Low Ki and Homicide Vs Joe and Lethal, Matt Hardy Vs Roderick Strong, CM Punk Vs Colt Cabana (2/3 Falls *Must own-If a CM Punk fan, if not, it’s probably skippable*

Joe Vs Kobashi

-James Gibson Vs Jimmy Yang, Whitmer/Jacobs Vs Rinuaro/Mamaluke, Samoa Joe Vs Kenta Kobashi

This Means War

-Alex Shelley Vs Claudio Castagnoli, AJ Styles Vs Austin Aries, Bryan Danielson Vs Roderick Strong

Steel Cage Warfare

-Samoa Joe Vs Jay Lethal, Steve Corino Vs Homicide, Gen Next Vs Embassy (War Games Rules)

Final Battle 05

-Bryan Danielson Vs Naomichi Marufuji, KENTA Vs Low Ki

Best in the World

-Roderick Strong and Jack Evans Vs Briscoes, KENTA/Marufuji Vs Joe and Danielson

Supercard of Honor

-Styles and Sydal Vs Aries and Jack Evans, Do Fixer Vs Blood Generation, Bryan Danielson Vs Roderick Strong

Better Then Our Best-Embassy Vs Blood Generation, Styles/Joe/Daniels/Yang, Aries and Strong Vs CIMA and Doi, Danielson Vs Lance Storm, Homicide Vs Colt Cabana (street fight)

100th Show

-ROH (Joe, Pearce and Whitmer) Vs CZW (Hero, Super Dragon, Butcher), AJ Styles/Matt Sydal Vs Mark and Jay Briscoe, Castagnoli Vs Daniels

Destiny

-Bryan Danielson Vs Homicide, Aries and Strong Vs Briscoes

Chi-Town Struggle

-Samoa Joe Vs Delirious, Nigel McGuiness Vs Homicide, KENTA Vs Aries, Danielson Vs Colt Cabana

Death Before Dishonor IV

-AJ Styles Vs Davey Richards, Danielson Vs Sonjay Dutt, Team ROH (Joe, Whitmer, Pearce, Steel, Danielson) Vs Team CZW (Castagnoli, Webb, Necro Butcher, Chris Hero and Eddie Kingston)-Cage of Death

War of the Wire II

-Richards and Clark Vs Embassy, Daniels Vs Matt Sydal, Danielson/Aries/Delirious/Homicide, Whitmer Vs Necro Butcher (No Rope Barbed Wire)

Generation Now

-Generation Next Vs Richards, Irish Airborne and Clark, Christian Cage Vs Christopher Daniels, Danielson Vs McGuiness

Fight of the Century

-Aries and Strong Vs Evans and Sydal Vs Irish Airborne Vs Briscoes, KENTA Vs Davey Richards, Danielson Vs Samoa Joe

Unified

-Colt Cabana Vs Chris Hero, Aries and Strong Vs Briscoes, Danielson Vs McGuiness (Title Unification)

Gut Check

-Briscoes Vs Homicide and Richards, Aries and Strong Vs Daniels and Sydal, Danielson Vs Cabana (2/3 falls)

Glory By Honor V Night 1

-Aries Vs Richards, Samoa Joe Vs Strong, KENTA and Marufuji Vs Briscoes

Glory By Honor V Night 2

-Richards Vs Evans, Homicide and Joe Vs Briscoes, Aries and Strong Vs Kings of Wrestling, KENTA Vs Bryan Danielson, Naomichi Marfuji Vs Nigel McGuiness (GHC Title)

Honor Reclaims Boston

-Aries and Strong Vs KENTA and Davey Richards, Danielson Vs Delirious, Corino/Briscoes Vs Joe/Homicide/Whitmer

The Bitter End

-Homicide Vs Steve Corino (Fight Without Honor), Matt Sydal Vs KENTA, Hero and Castagnoli Vs Aries and Strong, Joe/Nigel Vs Danielson/Rave

The Chicago Spectacular Night 1

-Joe Vs Danielson (Cage), Aries/Strong Vs Sydal/Shingo, Jimmy Rave Vs Nigel McGuiness

The Chicago Spectacular Night 2

-Danielson/Rave/Shingo/Jacobs Vs Whitmer/Cabana/Nigel/Delirious (Elimination Rules), Homicide Vs Adam Pearce (Cage), Jay Briscoe Vs Davey Richards

Final Battle 2006

-Homicide Vs Danielson, CIMA/Shingo/Sydal Vs Aries/Delirious/Strong, Briscoes Vs KOW, Nigel Vs Jimmy Rave

Fifth Year Festival: NYC

-Takeshi Morishima Vs Samoa Joe, Jimmy Rave Vs Homicide, BJ Whitmer Vs Brent Albright (Tables Match), Daniels/Sydal Vs Aries/Strong

Fifth Year Festival: Philly

-Homicide Vs Takeshi Morishima, Samoa Joe Vs Jimmy Rave, Briscoes Vs Generico and Steen, Cabana/Whitmer/Haze Vs Jacobs/Albright/Lacey (Street Fight)

Fifth Year Festival: Dayton

-Takeshi Morishima Vs BJ Whitmer, Samoa Joe Vs Davey Richards, Castagnoli Vs Strong Vs Primeau Vs Matt Cross Vs Mark Briscoe Vs Shingo, Homicide Vs Jay Briscoe Vs Daniels

Fifth Year Festival: Chicago

-Morishima and McGuiness Vs Joe and Homicide, Cabana Vs Jacobs (Death Match), Daniels and Sydal Vs Briscoes

Fifth Year Festival: Finale

Samoa Joe Vs Homicide, Jimmy Jacobs Vs BJ Whitmer (FCA), Jay Briscoe Vs Mark Briscoe, Nigel McGuiness Vs Jimmy Rave (FWH)

Super Card of Honor II

Dragon Gate Six Man Tag, Strong Vs Aries, Whitmer Vs Jacobs (Cage)

Fighting Spirit

Nigel McGuiness Vs Takeshi Morishima, Strong and Richards Vs Delirious and Evans, Cabana Vs Doug Williams

Good Times, Great Memories

Jay and Mark Briscoe Vs Motor City Machine Guns, Colt Cabana Vs Adam Pearce, Takeshi Morishima Vs Shingo

Reborn Again

Mark and Jay Briscoe Vs Morishima and Whitmer, Delirious Vs KENTA, Naomichi Marufuji Vs Matt Sydal

Respect is Earned

Takeshi Morishima and Bryan Danielson Vs Nigel McGuiness and KENTA, Jay and Mark Briscoe Vs Castagnoli and Sydal, Rocky Romero Vs Naomichi Marufuji

United We Stand

Jay and Mark Briscoe Vs Castagnoli and Sydal (2/3 Falls), Danielson and McGuiness Vs Marfuji and Morishima, KENTA Vs Rocky Romero

Driven

Nigel McGuiness Vs Bryan Danielson, Jay and Mark Briscoe Vs Kevin Steen and El Generico, Bryan Danielson Vs KENTA

Live in Tokyo

Morishima Vs McGuiness, Danielson Vs Shiozaki, Briscoes and Marufuji Vs Sydal, Marvin and Aoki

Race to the Top Night 2

Claudio Castagnoli Vs Mike Quackenbush, Danielson/Aries/Mark Briscoe/Sydal Vs Jay Briscoe/Delirious/McGuinness/Strong, RTTT Finals

Death Before Dishonor V Night One

Jay and Mark Briscoe Vs Kevin Steen and El Generico, Bryan Danielson Vs Matt Sydal, Nigel McGuiness Vs Chris Hero

Death Before Dishonor V Night Two

Aries, Delirious, Stevens and Cross Vs Strong, Romero, Richards and Sydal, Morishima Vs Brent Albright, Bryan Danielson Vs Mike Quackenbush

Caged Rage

Jay and Mark Briscoe Vs Kevin Steen and El Generico (Cage), Strong Vs Evans (Cage)

Manhattan Mayhem II

Morishima-Danielson, Briscoes/Steen and Generico (2/3 falls), Aries Vs Strong Vs Evans

Man Up

Briscoes/Steen and Generico (Ladder), Morishima/Danielson, Sydal's farewell,

Glory By Honor Night 1

Misawa and KENTA Vs Marufuji and Morishima, Danielson Vs Aries, McGuinness Vs Hero

Glory By Honor Night 2

Misawa Vs KENTA, Morishima Vs Danielson, Marufuji Vs Castagnoli

*There are alot of other good shows to choose from and most will have something worth seeing, especially in the last two years. If you are a Samoa Joe, CM Punk, Paul London, Danielson, Homicide or whomever, they have best of's to get and they are good collections but they usually keep out the big matches for obvious reasons*

That's my problem with ROH, you have to be pretty wealthy to keep up with everything.

What's Buffalo Stampede like Hawk? I've seen Cabana vs. Low Ki from that show and it being a Cabana match I really enjoyed it and the rest of the card looks decent, but not as good as some of the other shows.

Also, The 100th Show, looks a great card. Yay or nay?

I would say Yay to the 100th show. You get one hell of a brawl in the ROH vs. CZW match, the first encounter of Delirious and Danielson, a fine tag match between the Briscoes vs Sydal and AJ. Theres nothing on the DVD that dissapoints in my opinion.

You don't have to be wealthy to keep up. They have $10 DVD sales for shows as recent as early this summer. You might be slightly behind but if you keep a eye out, you can have 10 shows for a easy $100. Not to mention the countless % off sales, buy 3 get 1 free sales.

Also, they have video newswires on the website to explain what happened on each show, so you can follow along, even if you skip a show.

100th Show, is a another good show with a fantastic main event. It should be on that list and I don't why I skipped it.

Out of 125 (I think) shows, ROH has done, Buffalo Stampede might be in the bottom 20.

Guest samoapunk

I asked this same question in another thread yesterday. I bought Round Robin Challenge at a local store the other day and it was my introduction to ROH. Needless to say that the show along with what I had already read about ROH got me hooked. I already placed an order before I saw this thread and was wondering how I did. Here's what I ordered;

Night of Appreciation 4.27.02

Road to the Title 6.22.02

Death Before Dishonor 7.19.03

Reborn: Stage One 4.23.04

Reborn: Stage Two 4.24.04

Manhattan Mayhem 5.27.05 (Hawk 34 stated this one is a must buy so I'm pretty sure it's amazing!)

Please lmk if those other ones are good. I got all 6 for a little over $60 shipped so I can't complain either way.

The Reborn shows are both pretty good. There's a really good Homicide vs Bryan Danielson match on the first night (I think) I've only seen one of their other encounters so I'm not sure how it holds up against some of their recent stuff. I remember being pretty much blown away the first time I saw it.

Manhatten Mayhem is an excellent show. It's got everything. I can't say enough good things about the Jacobs/Whitmer vs Strong & Evans.

You don't have to be wealthy to keep up. They have $10 DVD sales for shows as recent as early this summer. You might be slightly behind but if you keep a eye out, you can have 10 shows for a easy $100. Not to mention the countless % off sales, buy 3 get 1 free sales.

Also, they have video newswires on the website to explain what happened on each show, so you can follow along, even if you skip a show.

I keep up with the newswires, but in terms of buying shows I'm really behind. As in I only have 6 or 7 ROH shows. Being wealthy to keep up was meant more having a full catalogue of shows. I tend to spend my money on PWG or CHIKARA, because you're looking at 12-16 shows a year as opposed to the amount ROH run.

I haven't tried out ordering from the ROH website before though, so I don't really keep up with the offers. Going by what you said and the state of the dollar, I could get probably get close to 20 shows for £100 so maybe I should keep my eye out a little more.

Oh, and thanks for the tips.

I only ever buy shows when either the buy 3 get 1 free, or $10 sale is on. The frequency that they occur it seems fairly pointless ordering at full price.

I still can't afford to keep right up to date. I tend to buy a clump of about 4 shows that are either one after another, or fairly close together.

By the time I can really afford to buy some more shows and there's a sale on I have to skip forward months at a time. Its annoying but I'm used to it now.

You don't have to be wealthy to keep up with ROH. You don't really need to buy all the shows, I do fine with the bigger shows and reading the results online. They do frequent 10 dollar sales, buy 3 get 1 free sales, and other fun deals.

Basically, if you take the money you've been spending on WWE shit and put it towards ROH, you'll be a much happier wrestling fan (that is unless you only watch the free tv shows).

For those that feel ROH is expensive, look at this.

THE BIG 10 SALE

Read below for the details on our latest sale which includes over 70 DVD's on sale for only $10, general admission tickets to several upcoming events for $10 each, plus information on how to save 10% off your order with no minimum purchase required!!!

Pretty much most of the shows from 2002-2005 are on sale for $10 and you can't really pass this up, especially with the discount as well. As well as Straight Shootings, Secrets of the Ring's and FIP shows.

Alot of gems to be had for $10

Guest samoapunk
For those that feel ROH is expensive, look at this.

THE BIG 10 SALE

Read below for the details on our latest sale which includes over 70 DVD's on sale for only $10, general admission tickets to several upcoming events for $10 each, plus information on how to save 10% off your order with no minimum purchase required!!!

Pretty much most of the shows from 2002-2005 are on sale for $10 and you can't really pass this up, especially with the discount as well. As well as Straight Shootings, Secrets of the Ring's and FIP shows.

Alot of gems to be had for $10

Very nice. Thanks for the heads-up. I'm definitely going to purchase some more ROH dvd's. I just got 10 from Ebay for around $70 and that brings my ROH total to 11 now, so this sale will help me bolster the collection a bit.

So far I've watched Reborn Stage One and Manhattan Mayhem out of the ones I bought. Both were AMAZING! The Briscoes/Havana Pitbulls match from Reborn Stage One stood out a lot as well as the humorous Colt Cabana/Nigel McGuiness match from Manhattan Mayhem.

I've been quite pleased with my ROH buying over the past year. I went from being able to count how many shows I had on both hands (about this time last year) to having so many shows I've lost track of how many I've accumulated. Seriously, when someone stops handing out all their money to WWE for their shitty products and put it towards ROH, wrsetling is fun again.

I probably wont take advantage of the 10 dollar sale at Final Battle tomorrow because I want to load up on 2006 shows, but I miht take advantage of the buy 3 get 1 free deal. I'm looking at getting Unified, Supercard of Honor, Death Before Dishonor and perhaps The Bitter End. Here's hoping that they'll have these during intermission.

At the risk of being a Scrooge, it's a pity they didn't offer the sale before Christmas so I could have ordered some more (I've got Ring Of Homicide and Final Battle '05 to come). Here's hoping for some money so I can order before it ends.

Honor Reclaims Boston is worth checking out too. I was at the show, and the Aries/Strong vs. Richards/KENTA main event is a forgotten classic in the making. Really solid undercard too, with very good Sydal/Castagnoli, Hero/Daniels, McGuinness/Walters, and Danielson/Delirious.

I was gonna collect the shows where the world title changed hands, but Unscripted isn't available on VHS or DVD. Anybody know why?

Out of stock. They won't make anymore VHS shows other then what is already made and available for sale, but they usually print new dvds of shows once they go out of stock within a month.

I clearly would have picked up about six DVDs if my university hadn't messed up.

They were supposed to return £600 to me. I overpaid for my tuiton and they said it would be put back in my account by the end of last week. It's still not there. Bastards.

I'm just hoping the Chicago weekend, 12/22 and Final Battle 06 will be out in same to take advantage in a sale. Otherwise, It'll have to be at a 3 and 1 sale at the live show next month.

Wait. There was a buy 3 get 1 free sale that I took full advantage of at Final Battle, but I was under the impression that it was just for that weekend. Do they conduct the 3 and 1 sale at every show? If so, I'll be a very lucky dude in NJ and NY in the next couple of months. God damn, I love getting ROH dvds.

if you think about it then 25% off is a "buy 3 get 1 free" if they're all about the same price ;)

I'm well aware of mathematics. However, I rather get the 3 and 1 at a show over frequently using credit cards.

King, I just watched Supercard a few weeks ago. It was great. Good pick. I still haven't watched Unified but I plan on putting it on today.

if you think about it then 25% off is a "buy 3 get 1 free" if they're all about the same price ;)

It's a 25% off on your order. Which means anything on the site, including TNA, WWE, NOAH etc, etc. 3 and 1 is only for ROH/FIP/SSS.