TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cabbageboy

NFL Week 15

You'd think that having an ounce of football knowledge would be a prerequisite to hosting a NFL halftime show, but I guess not.

You'd think that having an ounce of football knowledge would be a prerequisite to hosting a NFL halftime show, but I guess not.

Doesn't stop people from being play by play commentators, why should it limit them from hype shows?

"Go back into your hole in South Jersey and die slow."

Just because you put up a ton of money to play "internet mod" for a week doesn't mean the rules don't apply to you.

For your information, I think they're better than the Cowboys because they already BEAT THEM, and better than Atlanta because they have better players and a better record.

Really going out on a limb there, aren't I?

Yeah but remember the Bears weren't nearly as good last year as they are this year, and the Panthers were a better team.

Most teams rest their starters in the last week if their playoff positioning won't improve with a victory. It's just treated like a preseason game at that point.

Look VX, I respect your opinion, but you're a Packers fan, asking the Bears to sit their starters, in the final week of the season, against the Packers, when the Packers might have something to play for. I would say you're a teeny bit biased here. Bears shouldn't rest their starters. They are already thin as it is on defense. They need to continue building up Rex's confidence for the playoffs. The earliest they should sit their players is halftime.

You and everyone else have GOT to be kidding. Every team that's got that much of their playoff situation assured rests their starters the last week or two of the season. The first quarter is the latest you'll see the big names on these teams. There's no need to get your stars injured when you've sewn up that #1 or #2 seed. You know the Chargers will do this at least since last year saw Drew Brees injured during the meaningless season finale. The Bears will probably play the whole first half against the Packers for rivalry reasons, but it would be retarded to leave Rex Grossman out there longer than necessary. You might see it as building up his confidence, but a coach sees it as a chance for him to get hurt and Grossman's confidence is suddenly shoved to the rear of their concerns. Would Bears fans want to see Brian Griese or Kyle Orton trying to lead them through the playoffs, homefield advantage notwithstanding?

No, I'm thinking about it from a general football perspective. We've already improved upon last year, I simply don't want double-digit losses again. .500 would be nice, but I'm looking forward to next year already.

This debate flares up every year in mid-late December and coaches always err on the side of caution, as they should.

I can understand where you are coming from. Under most circumstances I'd agree. However Rex has looked terrible for so long. I can see the Bears wanting him to play a bit in the final game, just to make sure his head is in the right place. After all they won't know if they are on bye. The last thing they can afford, well they can afford it, but it'll go over not so well with the home crowd, is another one and out performance in the playoffs. Bears are not so much better than last year. And who's to say their second round opponent is worse than Panthers last year? The Bears defense has showed that they just cannot stop passing teams like St Louis and even Tampa.

Something I was thinking about after the Eagles game. Say the Eagles make the playoffs, win a game, and go down fighting in the divisionals. How short will McNabb's leash be when he comes back next year and has the inevitable bad game after how Garca played this year?

Guest Paul
Something I was thinking about after the Eagles game. Say the Eagles make the playoffs, win a game, and go down fighting in the divisionals. How short will McNabb's leash be when he comes back next year and has the inevitable bad game after how Garca played this year?

Look! The first jackass who wants McNabb to be benched next year.

Im laughing..at least SD fans have their priorities straight..

SD Fans: ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS A SUPERBOWL RING (which of course, the fan wont get, but anyway)

BAL Fans: ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS AN AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

ugh

Look! The first jackass who fails at comprehension.

He has a valid point. Philly are fickle fans and the leash on McNabb will be tight if Garcia continues to play as well as he has. McNabb's injury plauge has been a significant point over the years and the question be asked if he doesn't come back like Palmer did for Cincy but rather along the lines of Culpepper in Miami.

Guest Princess Leena

Fuck the stupid Philly fans.

If they had any sense, they'd bitch about not attempting to build any sort of a powerful running attack.

DFM carried that sorry ass team through the 1st half of the year.

"Fuck the stupid Philly fans."

Hold up there, therealworldschampion is the only Philadelphia fan who would even consider Garcia being a starter next year, unless McNabb, as expected, is not ready for the first regular season game.

Well, Kansas City's out of it, so now I just gotta hope Indianapolis can get their shit together and beat Cincinnati tomorrow. Since they face Denver next week, it's be great if both teams went into it 8-6 and one left 8-7 and virtually eliminated.

Shut the fuck up. I'm just asking the regulars' opinion about something that may happen next year, knowing how fickle Philly can be. Don't be angry because your overrated piece of garbage QB couldn't get it done today, much like his overrated brother can't get it done either.

Guest Princess Leena

Let's calm down, everyone.

The Eagles and Giants are both horrible. And will both make the playoffs. Nobody has anything to be happy about.

I wouldn't put the blame on Eli today. The 2 INT's were tipped at the line. It was the Giants defense that cost them the game as they let Garcia look like Joe Montana in his prime. I'm not saying that Garcia didn't play well today (and the last month) but the Giants have a habit of making average players look like All Pros. I swear Brian Westbrook does very little against other teams (well maybe until this year) but he absolutely kills the Giants.

Even after today if the Giants win their next 2 games, they're in the playoffs

Let's see how I did in the predictions:

Thursday 8:00:

San Francisco (5-8) at Seattle (8-5): Niners got a win in the first game, but I can't see them sweeping the series and getting a road win here. Seahawks by 7. (Surprising sweep for the Niners here. 0 for 1)

Saturday 8:00:

Dallas (8-5) at Atlanta (7-6): Atlanta is really banged up, Cowboys are coming off an ugly beatdown. This one is a tossup really, but in these situations go with who needs it more. Falcons by 4. (If it was anything but the NFC in 2006 the Falcons would be done. 0 for 2)

Sunday 1:00:

Jacksonville (8-5) at Tennessee (6-7): Jags are a very bizarre team, amazing at home and wretched on the road. Titans are on a Jobber Roll and Vince Young is a madman. You know what this means.....Titans by 3. (The Jobber Roll continues! 1 for 3)

Houston (4-9) at New England (9-4): This one should, I repeat should, be a beatdown. Patriots by 14. (It was a beatdown, a very bad beatdown. 2 for 4)

Miami (6-7) at Buffalo (6-7): Curious matchup of mediocre teams. Some of it depends on how frigid it'll be in Buffalo. If it's freezing, I'll take the Bills by 6. (Look at the Bills, now at .500. 3 for 5)

Cleveland (4-9) at Baltimore (10-3): Ravens are sneaking around in the battle for homefield, they can't afford a loss to the crappy Browns. It'll be closer than expected though. Ravens by 7. (Ravens won it by 10. 4 for 6)

Detroit (2-11) at Green Bay (5-8): Ugh. Regardless of how bad the Packers might be this year, I can't in good conscience say they will lose to the Lions. Green Bay by 10. (Ugly game, Packers won though. 5 for 7)

NY Jets (7-6) at Minnesota (6-7): A picture of mediocrity here. Not sure why everyone was on the Jets to make the playoffs easily, considering they are a very dubious team. Vikings should take this at home by about 6 and improve to .500. (I keep thinking the Vikings are better than they are. Blah. 5 for 8)

Tampa Bay (3-10) at Chicago (11-2): This should be an ugly, ugly game. If Grossman can show up and play decent, it'll be a 3 TD beating. If he sucks, Bears win by 10. I'll take somewhere in the middle. Chicago by 14. (It probably should have been Chicago by 14, but Rattay was a maniac in the 2nd half. 6 for 9)

Pittsburgh (6-7) at Carolina (6-7): I think after the past week the Panthers may well be finished. The Steelers are quietly scraping back to .500, so I think they can pick up a road win here. Steelers by 4. (Panthers are in fact finished. Even in the NFC. 7 for 10)

Washington (4-9) at New Orleans (9-4): Saints are rolling right now and they can't possibly afford a home loss to the blech Redskins. Saints should win here by at least 10. (Puzzling result of the day here. Saints had to be looking ahead or having a hangover....or maybe just aren't that good. 7 for 11)

4:00:

Denver (7-6) at Arizona (4-9): Okay now here's the upset alert for the week. Broncos made a mistake putting in Cutler this late in the season, and the Cardinals are showing signs of life. Cardinals win here by 6. (Denver is somewhat back on track now. 7 for 12)

St. Louis (5-8) at Oakland (2-11): Raiders are actually favored here, but the Rams aren't possibly THAT crappy. Are they? Nah. Rams by 7. (As I said, the Rams aren't THAT bad. 8 for 13)

Philadelphia (7-6) at NY Giants (7-6): Okay, Giants...end the farce with Jeff Garcia. Giants absolutely must win this game on every possible level. Giants by 10. (See the Falcons game, if it was anywhere but the NFC in 2006, the Giants would be toast. As it is they can still make the playoffs. 8 for 14)

8:15:

Kansas City (7-6) at San Diego (11-2): Chiefs slipped past the Chargers in KC, but there's no way they can sweep these guys. SD by 14 most likely. (Chargers won it by 11, kind of a dull game really. 9 for 15)

Story from the Philly/Giants game: BACK-UP QB BATTLE ROYAL!

The Eagles' headsets stopped working for 3/4 of the game. So they couldn't send the plays to #2 Garcia. So #3 AJ Feeley was sending him the plays through hand-signals.

Feeley then noticed that former Eagles back-up QB and Giants back-up Hasselback (the less-talented one) was watching Feeley and Garcia and stealing signs. So they started discussing the plays instead of sending signs.

Shady back-ups.