Sign in to follow this  
cabbageboy

NFL Week 15

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
ummm... Gumball..it's not called a "shot clock"

And they're called "quarters," not "periods."

No, the formal name is period.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Al Michaels says "third period" and stuff all the time, and nobody gives him shit for that.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
I'm not a fan of this whole games only on NFL Network thing.

But it's a great new tradition! Thursday and Saturday night football! Coverage BY football people, FOR football people!

I'm not a fan of this whole games only on NFL Network thing.

But it's a great new tradition! Thursday and Saturday night football! Coverage BY football people, FOR football people!

Can we start a petition to make the NFL Network cover all Lions and Raiders games until they start winning?

Gee... Vick's thrown 4 TDs, 2 of which were to the Fullback.

You better send Sean Payton a Chrismas card, Ron Mexico.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

I bet the eventual conclusion of this NFL Network thing is to give themselves a Super Bowl or conference championship(s).

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
I'm going to like this 'new tradition' even less next Thursday night.

I take it the NFL is under the impression that La Crosse-Eau Claire isn't Packer territory. Strong work, guys! At least you should be able to pick up 620.

I bet the eventual conclusion of this NFL Network thing is to give themselves a Super Bowl or conference championship(s).

I think the ideal end result from the NFL's perspective is just to give themselves the entire TV contract, and cut the networks out completely.

I think the ideal end result from the NFL's perspective is just to give themselves the entire TV contract, and cut the networks out completely.

That only works if they can get cable companies to pony up for their network.

As of now, that's not happening.

That's only because the NFL is pricing themselves out of the market. They'll reach a compromise eventually.

WTF, I knew the Cowboys secondary was weak but how the hell did Vick throw 4 TDs!?!?!

WTF, I knew the Cowboys secondary was weak but how the hell did Vick throw 4 TDs!?!?!

At least 2 of them were short passes to the fullback.

The other 2 were roughly 10 yards each to Michael Jenkins and Ashley Leile.

Time Warner refuses to support the NFL Network and all of the local San Antonio tv networks ran stories that the only way to watch the game was at a bar or via Dish Network and other satellite companies.

I'm in a ComCast area (Baton Rouge), so I doubt I'll be getting it anytime soon.

The NFL's big pushes are to the larger markets with teams anyway, like NYC, Dallas, Houston, Chicago, etc.

I take it the NFL is under the impression that La Crosse-Eau Claire isn't Packer territory. Strong work, guys! At least you should be able to pick up 620.

There could be a rash of TheMikeSC-appoved activities next Thursday night.

There could be a rash of TheMikeSC-appoved activities next Thursday night.

Did they ever figure out if it's a 1:1 correlation between Packers games and ass-raping?

</Refrains from making the outdated "Houston vs. Green Bay" joke>

Bryant Gumbel:"With a win tomorrow, the Saints can clinch the NFC WEST"

Now, now, we can excuse that...

I'm sure that ol' Bryant hasn't called an NFL game since the last time the 49ers won it all, which was when the Saints WERE in the West.

I'm in a ComCast area (Baton Rouge), so I doubt I'll be getting it anytime soon.

The NFL's big pushes are to the larger markets with teams anyway, like NYC, Dallas, Houston, Chicago, etc.

If that's true than why the hell can't I watch Thursday night football? Time Warner's got a lock on like 90% of the cable market here in Houston. Apparently we're supposed to switch cable companies (one with NFL Network) with Dallas next year, but apparently for some reason we still might not get NFL Network.