TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brett Favre

Golden Globe Nominees

How is Ugly Betty a comedy? It's a decent show but I've always considered it a light hearted drama.

It's more of a comedy than Desperate Housewives, at least. I don't know how you give UB the win without also giving Heroes the nod, although I do wonder if the number of UK voters in the HFPA would refuse to put The Office (US) on the same level as previous GG winner The Office (UK)...

That'd be dumb. The UK version was great... but it was built for a two-season, 12 episode end. Frankly, this Office has managed to keep original and interesting for triple that, while maintaining an excellent level of quality.

Seems like the chick flicks/shows dominated this year. Ugly Betty, Grey’s Anatomy, Dreamgirls, Devil Wears Prada, etc.

Aside from Borat and Scorsese, I didn’t like any of the winners.

I'm just happy Jennifer Hudson won and Beyonce did not. I hope Be's performance isn't even recognized come Oscar nomination time.

Please name one rational reason to hate on beyonce that fucking much. ONE. ANd I know, you were just making a comment but you have to know that this is something that has come up over and over and over and over and over again by so many people and I am honestly waiting for one reason to dislike Beyonce so much.

That'd be dumb. The UK version was great... but it was built for a two-season, 12 episode end. Frankly, this Office has managed to keep original and interesting for triple that, while maintaining an excellent level of quality.

Dumb has never been a weak point of voters for these things. I wish they would give us the voting breakdowns though.