TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

Comments that don't warrant a thread.

Okay, This will appear a very basic question and as a part-time IT teacher i'm embarressed to ask, but I can't for the life of me find out how to remove the welcome screen on my pc. I set up a password but the snooping girl isn't here any longer, yet the screen remains.

Anyone having problems with youtube? I got DSL and I can get any of the videos to load. I hope it's not my connection.

Okay, I disabled the welcome screen as I wanted to do what I used to do, switch my computer on and it went straight to my desktop.

Now, I disabled this, and as it says, uses the 'classic' windows login, which I don't want to do.

How do I remove the 'classic' and welcome screen altogether?

post-2885-1167221062_thumb.jpg

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321305

And just go to the administrators account and set it to automatic log in.

From yahoo answers...

You can start up without needing to enter a user name or password. Select Run... from the start menu and type 'control userpasswords2', which will open the user accounts application. On the Users tab, clear the box for Users Must Enter A User Name And Password To Use This Computer, and click on OK. An Automatically Log On dialog box will appear; enter the user name and password for the account you want to use.

Yeah, but it logs in as 'Administrator' and not 'Adam' (which is my name on this computer, i'm the only one who uses it) - where the 'Adam' 'profile' has all stuff, 'Administrator' just looks (and is) a new computer, even the 'Tour Windows' tour comes up, I can simply log off and log on as 'Adam' but that's the same as the original problem.. I still have to login.

I can't delete (or even FIND) the Admin account.

I've got

Adam

Computer administrator

ASP.NET Machine A...

Limited Account

Password Protected

Guest Account Is Off

that's exactly how it appears.

Somebody needs to make a better way to hook speaker wires to a reciever, because I'm trying to hook up my new system and can't get the fuckers to connect.

Has anybody (the forum owner the obvious exception) set up an IPBoard/InvisionBoard forum before?

I'm having big issues.

I'm going to work, hopefully, someone will voulonteer to help me when I come back, my aim is teamfranchise123.

Be generous.

=]

Somebody needs to make a better way to hook speaker wires to a reciever, because I'm trying to hook up my new system and can't get the fuckers to connect.

Try putting the speaker wire into banana plugs, and then connect those to the receiver. Makes for a better and easier connection, IMO.

So I've come down on which three company's for my new HDTV.

Sony

JVC

LG.

The rest really look to dark, or pixalated.

I just picked up a 32" HP LCD TV at Best Buy for $719.99 CDN (open box special). I'm pretty stoked.

Hp makes televisions?

I had always thought you picked up that Sharp Aquios on sale on boxing day.

I just picked up a 32" HP LCD TV at Best Buy for $719.99 CDN (open box special). I'm pretty stoked.

Hp makes televisions?

I had always thought you picked up that Sharp Aquios on sale on boxing day.

I did. That one was for the living room. This one is for the computer room.

Guest Vitamin X

Since it's not really related to the iPhone thread, I thought I'd post this from engadget. The picture made me laugh, anyways:

Hot on the heels of the Engadget iPhone headcount (12, if you didn't know), the very first Engadget iReturn has taken place. After ten and a half hours of waiting in line -- but less than 24 hours of actual ownership -- iPhone number one has been taken back to the store, citing "janky keyboard" and "no money for rent" as reasons behind the return. Note the look of utter shock, confusion, and hurt on the face of the Apple employee as she notified us of their 10% restocking fee.

return1.jpg

"...but... but.... WHY?"

EDIT: Ah, crap. I completely missed the thread for this up there, pinned. I drank too much today. Anyone mind merging this in there? (or deleting the other one, because my thread is cooler anyways?)